Small things you would change

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Hahmonen, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Yeah. I just won't accept it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    I actually like the asymmetry in movie Devastator. I like the variety in parts as opposed to the interchangeable limbs.

3. NotMarluxiaXI

NotMarluxiaXI Well-Known Member

Keep Devastator's face gray like in the concept art. I will never understand why they changed it to red.

4. Revoticus

Revoticus Splitting headache

While it doesn't really bother me... Cut the romeo & juliet scene in AOE so that people would have something else to complain about.
    Also cut short the china chase scene because that one felt like a different movie altogether.

Bumblebee movie, change Cliffjumpers death to Tailgate...

• Like Like x 6
  5. Tetratron

Tetratron AEColyte

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Get rid of all the comedic relief characters.

• Like Like x 2
  6. JohnStartop

JohnStartop There will only be one.

Remove the Carly character so that there's no time wasted on bad romance and especially no love triangle with her boss, making John Malkovich probably be the evil boss from Acuretta instead, making Sam fight not to save some girl but instead because it's just the right thing to do, making Megatron turn on Sentinel not because some human easily manipulated him but instead because that was already the natural trajectory of his character. Basically, every narrative problem stems from the Carly character.

Replace Frances McDormand's character with Rachel Taylor returning. It makes sense for her to have been promoted since the first film. I found that Frances McDormand talking down to Sam about how he shouldn't contribute came across as pretty rude and judgemental, but if Rachel Taylor were saying that stuff instead it would seem more like a concerned person just looking out for an old friend. That also solves the issue of needing a hot girl for the posters, so you can cut the whole forced romance subplot altogether.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

-I would have left the Twins in Dark of the Moon and just had them toned down a bit (I personally had no problem with them in Revenge of the Fallen but I can kind of see where people are coming from) plus their death scene would’ve been a good way for them to go out.

-had a bit tighter continuity between Age of Extinction and The Last Knight. How many sets of “knights” are there? Weren’t the Dinobots knights that Lockdown had captured? And then there were the knights in the beginning of TLK that were in that medieval sequence. But then wasn’t the old bot that gave Cade the medallion a knight? And who were those guys guarding the tomb? Another set of knights?
    I also would have explained more how Galvatron went back to being Megatron.

-Cut out the Unicron teaser at the end of The Last Knight. And would’ve explained better in-movie who Unicron is / was.

-My only other real complaint is that some of the action sequences in 3, 4, and 5 could be trimmed down a bit.

• Like Like x 1
  8. BILLY THE CAT

BILLY THE CAT Well-Known Member

On the topic of Lockdown, have him be a crazy shifter like Laserbeak was and have him change into a variety of vehicles to sneak around, only changing into the Lambo when he needs to catch up to Autobots or when he's flexing on Cemetary Ward.

9. waniel239

waniel239 Monitor of the 15th Galactic Convergence

Keep Sentinel alive.

• Like Like x 1
  10. 12485horto

12485horto Well-Known Member

No Comedy and no Jokes
    Remove Comedy Characters and replace them with more Serious Action Characters
    Don't focus a lot on the Humans focus on more on both Autobots/Decepticons
    Focus more on the Cybertron War
    Jolt, Arcee and Sideswipe would have gotten more Screentime and have Jolt and Sideswipe going to Egypt rather than Skids and Mudflap (oh Wait Sunstreaker i've would have had Sunstreaker accompanying Sideswipe to Egypt)
    Put in the Missing Transformers that didn't get in the Movies (Like Prowl, Springer, Breakaway/Firestorm, Depthcharge, Silverbolt, Steeljaw Skywarp, Wreckage, Rumble)

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Devin417

Devin417 Active Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    Small changes. huh? Hmm...

Have Bumblebee keep his voice when it came back at the end of the first movie. It was an interesting choice at first and also kept him from filling the role of Mr. Exposition when he met Sam. But it quickly lost its charm and eventually became frustrating when it just "magically" came back in TLK for plot convenience.

Also remove that whole sex-bot scene in ROTF. That honestly ruined the movie for me.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

Cut out the humour from the sequels.
    No Leo.
    No Simmons.
    Ironhide looks like he does in Bumblebee.
    Change Lockdown's voice actor. He's the main Cybertronian villain and his voice is terrible. Use his Animated voice actor, Lance Henrikson.
    Recast Kelsey Grammar's character.
    No Shane.
    Give the twins proper robot faces.

No facial hair, buck teeth or Cosplaying robots.

Change Crosshairs and Drift's voice actor.
    Rename Sideswipe Sunstreaker.

Give Jolt, Mirage, Sideswipe and Arcee more prominent roles.
    Don't kill Ratchet.

13. Devin417

Devin417 Active Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    Umm, I think you missed the point of this thread being SMALL changes you would make. You just suggested changing literally everything about the movies.

... Not that I disagree with you lol. XD

• Like Like x 1
  14. DeadLocke

DeadLocke Well-Known Member

Edit: Had cut things down to better clarity.

Remove a lot of the raunchy humor and fratboy stuff from the movies, and make Sam and Mikala friends.

Lots more military scenes, the Decepticons vs the Military are some of the best parts.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  15. sevenlima

sevenlima Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    No more lorenzo di bonaventura.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Decepticon Miner

Decepticon Miner Banned

News Credits:
    Something very small I would change is the absence of Transformers doing anything sexual or dirty like. ROTF is a good example of this. For example Wheelie humping Makayla and Jetfire farting. Quite the strange thing for robots to do that.