Slagacon Vector Zeta new pictures

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by exomega255, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amd098

amd098 En taro Artanis!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    um yea do not want, its too much and too little to justify a purchase

2. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Interesting how in the Radicon thread, everyone loves it - here, everyone bashes it (one guy even offers to pay $300 for it).

3. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Alright guys, let's calm it down in here a bit. This one is a garage kit not a full on third party item, my understanding is it is more or less a one man operation. Let's all just keep a little calm in the discussion please.

4. JoeHavok

JoeHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know the maker is excited and wanting to get some photo's out. But, the colored resin mold should show a lot more detail. Because this will be close to the final product. If it isn't close, than why bother painting it. Also, if it is close, well it just doesn't look that great. I say it's back to the drawing board. No one will buy at inflated prices if the detail isn't there.

5. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is what I've been holding my breath for? *exhales* :( 

6. U.Magnus80

U.Magnus80 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I was interested to see the progression of this, but the Xovergen "PM" set kinda wins for me after seeing the pics today.

7. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    An unpainted City Commander resin proto would look the same you know...

8. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Maybe I'm in the minority, but I think it looks pretty cool. But when I look at it, in my head, I see how the piece would look after being panel lined. And maybe a couple silver details painted on. And I like the head. I'm a Powermaster Prime fan, so this thing appeals to me on that level.

On the other hand, I'm not as big a fan of Classics Prime as a lot of people seem to be, so that probably helps me like this, too.

9. SonOfNemesis

SonOfNemesis Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Prolly should've waited until some more tuned progress was made before posting an update...

10. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    It looks like Wheeljack made Optimus some sort of upgrade thingy out of candles and soft-water taffy...:) 

11. mjordan23

mjordan23 Well-Known Member

I'll hold off judgement until the finished product. So far for a one man operation its pretty impressive, and MUCH more than I could pull together.

12. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    That was supposed to be a private update sent by email to the people who preordered.

13. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    Still looks like crap, God I ain't trying to be rude the design just isn't that good. I'm not saying he didn't work hard at making it, it just looks bad.

The fact of the matter is the radicons are too nice, there have been countless of customs that look horrific, yet instead of offering constructive critism they just praise it and the creator doesn't get the proper feedback, resulting in this backlash. It is an ambitious project that needs to be completely overhauled, in the current state it is gonna not sell well at all

If this was a hasbro/takaratomy product i would feel the same way

14. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Other than the head, not much different from City Commander in design. Also, I don't think it's something you're supposed to buy now, you had to preorder it before or during the convention to get it. They may have a few more units for sale, not sure, but it's definitely not something you'll see at BBTS or TFSource (at least not in large quantities).

15. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Even if they clean it up like they say they will, there just isn't anything good going on here. it's built out of random-ass shapes that don't flow together well at all, and the detail level doesn't match the figure you're sticking it on.

16. sureshotimus

sureshotimus Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    other then city commander actually looks good.

and bbts and tfsource im sure are smart enough to not carry something that hideous because they know they would never sell them, even at a huge discount.

looked terrible at first and looks just as bad now. i can't believe people actually pre-ordered that garbage honestly.

17. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    You're comparing a fully painted/produced product to a prototype? Really? Cast City Commander in 2 colors, leave plastic flash and all, don't paint it and it will look the same. Also, the trailer mode for City Commander is just as absurd yet it works. And on this one, you don't use half the trailer to make a gigantic silly gun...

18. sureshotimus

sureshotimus Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    its just my opinion. i also dont like the "half the trailer turns into a gun" on CC

i guess the thing that i hate most about this is the fact that it was / is a limited "collectors" run of so many that was supposedly shown at a convention. so right off the bat people are going to automatically think this thing is great when it is not.

like others have said in this thread. the person that made it should have gotten real feedback from people before trying to do this.

great on them for their hard work and commitment etc etc. but how they EVER got this to be a pre-order limited run at a convention is beyond me. don't conventions actually need to see and approve items they are going to sell etc? i guess not in this case. of course i could look back at TFcons nightbird. it was complete shit also but even it was a better piece of shit then this IMO.

can i do better? no not at the moment, one day maybe. did i say that i could do better? nope. but i wouldnt just make something and try and sell it. without getting peoples feedback. ya ok the radicons forum people will say a turd is a piece of art and i dont understand why. people should freely give real feedback not just say thats amazing when its clearly not, people will never learn that way.

I think thats the part that hits me the most. its not just a custom someone did for their own collection. in that case its ok for something someone did for themselves, but to make it (for the purpose of selling) and for a shit load of money, AND a limited run (which gets people excited) for what this is is just insane / ******ed.

my opinion and im entitled to it. maybe im being an internet asshole (shrugs)

19. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    The email made no indication that it couldn't be posted. I made sure I read it a few times before making the information available to everyone.

20. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Banned

News Credits:
    The Radicons aren't "too nice." They encourage people because they know one bad custom now can lead to a bunch of awesome customs in the future. It's a learning process and discouraging people because they didn't do something on FrenzyRumble's level will scare them off.

The fact of the matter is we are looking at prototypes and the final product should not be judged until we see it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.