Slagacon Vector Zeta new pictures

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by exomega255, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    right now I just hope I get my refund within say the next 5 years lol I hope they are not hoping I forgot.

2. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  3. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    I know it's annoying, sorry - but people need to be AWARE of this CRIME. Don't you think?

THANK YOU - ok, so we might know WHO did it -

Does anyone know what the Statute of Limitations for FRAUD is in the states involved???

"A statute of limitation is the maximum time allotted after a crime that legal proceedings can be started. After the statute of limitations is up, there can be no legal ramifications for the crime. Each state has a limit on fraud and there is also a federal statue of limitations on fraud cases."

Anyone effected by this MIGHT want to look into that. Because it's already been what? A year? Two? How much longer will it take for the parties responsible to stall oops I mean pay.

4. Bed Bugs

Bed Bugs Haven't gone postal yet...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yeah, I get the everybody is not very patient in this situation, but Chad will get to you. I got my refund last year and I was no where near the top of the list Chad has been going down to repaying. He WILL get to you. As for his lack of communication, he's a truck driver for a living. He's out on the road right now earning money to give back to you guys. Something he didn't HAVE to do, but he's going to do it anyway because it's the right thing to do.

As for the legalities involving the asshole from Florida, I have no idea. Chad himself would have to answer that.

5. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If I had to guess, I'd note a few things:

1. Dudes are in different states. That makes it very hard to deal with.
    2. I don't know what the money limits are, or exactly how much we're talking about (but I'm guessing $190 * 100 = $19,000), but I believe sometimes it's a small court, but then you have to get lawyers involved. That makes it more complex
    3. If you need to get a lawyer, you have to FIND a lawyer willing to take the case. It does not matter if you are right or wrong. If noone will pursue your case, over verbal commitments, for not-really Transformers toys, for your unofficial convention, across multiple states, you're boned.

It's not as simple as "go outside, yell ME SUE HIM, press botanz, get money back". It's difficult, time consuming, and expensive to take someone to court. Add the "shaky ground" of the deal, make it cross states, and it's even more so. Not saying Chad shouldn't go after the guy, but it's a complex situation.

6. Bed Bugs

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    The bigger picture that nobody is addressing is that Chad said Slagacon is $12,000 in the negative. xZAOx's math shows Vector Zeta put Slagacon $19,000 in the negative.

So when you consider the losses incurred from all 4 conventions AND the amounts refunded to people already, to only be in the negative $12,000 means he was making progress. I'm sure Chad was hoping the convention would finally rebound from the Vector Zeta incident and turn a profit to help repay the debt sooner. Unfortunately, it did not. So it's understandable that he would discontinue the convention since each year it's adding to the debt, rather than helping pay it off.

7. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    This is true - but - each year he waits, he loses time that he might have TO file some kind of charge against the guy who clearly is responsible for the downfall of Chad's friggin life. IF he hasn't already, which, we can't know for sure.

8. Bed Bugs

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Like I said, Chad would have to be the one to answer why he didn't pursue a civil suit against TGping.

9. bradforj

bradforj Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He's actively watching this thread, too, according to his activity status on his profile page. I would be interested to hear his side of this.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2013
  10. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If you check his post history, you can see that he basically "went dark" for a year and half (late 2011 to mid 2013). There's a reason for that.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2013
  11. TGping

TGping Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    First off I'd like to apologize for the production side of things. Production was only one guy, molding and casting and painting every part by hand.

That's not an excuse, and doesn't absolve production from responsibility. However, the producer of that kit has already paid Chad of Slagacon back in full.

The producer of said Kit received a total of $4905.00 to design and manufacture 100 Vector Zeta pieces.

By November of 2012, The producer of the kit repaid $4023.00 and produced 9 kits to be distributed to preorder holders in lieu of a refund.

There are paypal transactions and records to prove these points.

The producer did not in fact "run off with the money" and did in fact pour more of his own money into it aside from the initial $4905.00.

Just ask Slagacon how they spent the remainder of the money that the production side had no access to. Because production would like to know as well.

12. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Interesting.

13. edgs2099

edgs2099 Optimistically realistic. Moderator

News Credits:
    The plot, she thickens.

14. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    It makes us wonder why:

1-TransJazz never mentioned such a thing
    2-TGping never bothered posting anything until today even though he well knew about this thread

15. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    This thread is closed for further investigation from TFW2005.COM due to these issues.

Also keep in the mind the board rules here:

1. No Insults, Trolling, Flaming, Name Calling, Harassing, Etc.
    We will not tolerate insults, excessive profanity or throwing a topic off course. Use of racial or bigoted terms is not accepted. Posts intended solely to antagonize others are not accepted. Keep topics/posts where they belong. Generally, “play nice”.

13. No Disruptive Posting or Flamebaiting
    Do not purposely post anything which will cause another member (or members) to react negatively. This is subjective. The TFW2005 staff will evaluate the trend of posts made by those consistently being reported or those that are repeatedly involved with arguments on the site. If their overall method or content of posting leads to staff attention repeatedly, we reserve the right to warn, infract and/or ban accordingly.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.