Skywarp's pack in comic

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Viper08, Feb 15, 2014.

1. Viper08

Viper08 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't know if this is the right forum for this, but am I missing something or in the comic that is packed with the latest skywarp (the FOC Starscream mold), does he appears as a BACKGROUND character in ONE panel?
    If so, it's a waste of a comic then.
    Thanks for the replies guys

2. Constructor

Constructor Behold my true form!

He's in the background for two panels.
    I think...

3. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    Skywarp plays a large role ...in the book that is going to be bundled with Rattrap.

Which, funny enough, Rattrap doesn't even appear in. So. Y'know. There's that.

4. Bob 121

Bob 121 Well-Known Member

I haven't gotten it yet but I wouldn't be surprised. The only comic I read was Dreadwings, and the entire comic I couldn't even focus on what's going on because it only has to do with him for like 2 pages. I just wanted Shockwave to shut up.

5. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah, Dark Cybertron reads better as a whole.

The individual comics don't showcase the figures they are packed with in the expected manner. Certainly not like the first wave with Orion Pax, Megatron etc.

These are not really 'Spotlight' issues in any way. The upcoming Tankor pack in has him just gob off and fuck off. That's it.

6. JetFormers

JetFormers « Ultima Ratio Hecate »

News Credits:
    Yea it's pretty lame... But oh well a free comic is a free comic.

7. Ceric Neesh

Ceric Neesh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Individiually they're not great, but if you've been picking up the trade paperbacks and got all of the generations figures, you're only 5 issues behind current events, which is actually pretty impressive. Even though I'll be getting the comics when Wave 3 hits in March or April, I went ahead and dropped the $20 to catch up to the current comics. It's a great catch-up mechanism, IMO, as the comics we're getting pick up right after (literally moments after) the end of RID Volume 5 and are all in order (Dark Cybertron #1-#4). I'm happily take that tradeoff.

Though looking at the variant covers, I'm wondering if there was a plan at one point to pack in comics with the voyager figures as well and that didn't pan out. Because Whirl and Sky-Byte both have their own covers in the same style as the other pack-in equivalents (Each pack-in comic, while the cover itself is exclusive, has the same art used on a subscription variant cover of the comic). I wish I could ask someone about it.

8. Viper08

News Credits:
    Cool, thanks for the info guys, that's what I figured, that it was only just a comic nit a "spotlight" comic like the earlier ones.

9. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    There was a problem with the wave.

Skywarp's comic was written in the later wave while the one he got was meant for Rattrap (and Rattrap's comic was meant for Skywarp).

Hasbro fucked over the figures in waves.

Also it's not a spotlight comic, none of them since the Skids wave are it's a continuing story arc that comes with every generations Deluxe toy from 2014.

10. Viper08

News Credits:
    Also, it seems that skywarp has some mould degradation, his guns are loose as heck and his jet nose I had to fix with some superglue due to how loose it was.

11. Arcflash81

Arcflash81 Well-Known Member

Having just picked up skywarp tonight, I read the comic. I liked it, but yeah, Skywarp was only in a panel or two.

My issue with it was since I am not and never really have been a comic reader, I have no clue what the frick is going on. Interesting enough, but trying to get all the back stories sounds more difficult then it's worth.

As for SW himself, the very first time I plugged in his gun on the right arm, the post from the gun cracked the port on his forearm. Not a huge deal, but odd since I have SS and TC both and have repeatedly plugged and unplugged their guns with no issues.

Just happy to have all three standing together. I wish Dr Wu would make a weapons pack for this mold. Kind of tired the spinning guns of doom.

12. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Got mine today and he's just fine. Fantastic joints all around and the guns stay snuggly in all the ports.

[​IMG]

But yeah his comic is crap with regards to its relevance to him.

13. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, as mentioned, the figures in the waves seem to have been switched. Skywarp's comic has Rattrap in it, while Rattrap comic will see more of Skywarp.

My toy is fine by the way. Just as sturdy as my Starscream and Thundercracker. Sounds like you got a lemon, Viper08! :( 

14. LSyd

LSyd Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    my Skywarp came without paint on his face; instead of returning him i ordered another and will keep the defect MOSC since he's my favorite character

-

15. mooncake623

mooncake623 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How does one tell which Issue of Dark Cybertron it is with these pack in comics? I'm current and up to date but I only have digital copies of the comics. There are no issue #s anywhere on the comics. (or anything I can see referencing MTMTE, RID or Dark Cybertron)

16. harveydent

harveydent Unknown Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Someone posted the reading order for the pack-in comics at another thread:

17. transmuseum

transmuseum The professor

Ebay:
    I wish they would make more unique comics for the toys like the first wave :'(

18. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    It's not too difficult, I've spent the last week catching up with both series. If you just want to catch up to Dark Cybertron, you would probably be fine just reading the previous Robots in Disguise issues, you would know 85% of the setup at that point. More Than Meets The Eye is a better series though. Both of them reference all of the IDW series that came before, so it would be a lot to catch up on if you had to have all of the details. I hadn't been keeping up with RID and MTMTE and I had nearly forgotten everything that came before Death of Optimus Prime, but I still had a good handle on what was going on with Dark Cybertron before I decided to marathon read RID and MTMTE to catch up. As to whether it's worth the trouble? I think RID and MTMTE are some of the best TF fiction we've ever had in any medium, certainly some of the best we've had in comics.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2014