Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Bendimus Prime, Sep 20, 2011.

1. a person

a person Is not amused.

News Credits:
    They can follow anyone.

2. Cybermnky

Cybermnky Well-Known Member

Dammit, I just finished getting all 37 unique characters and now there's these... well gotta get them all I guess.

3. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Toy Designer

Does anyone have any opinions on Drobot and Sonic Boom?

I know from forum searching that Drobot ranks second only to Stealth Elf, but is the Master Blaster really the best ranged attacker? I just find that running with Pook Blade Saint Stealth Elf could do better with a projectile and Elf just doesn't have that.

Also, Sonic Boom...is she good? I hear Medea Griffin is good for getting the Enemy Goal award, due to the babies counting to the number, but I haven't heard much good about her otherwise. Siren Griffin... i hear it is consistent, but consistently mediocre.

For the record i currently have: Dark Spyro, Stealth Elf, Ignitor, Spyro, Trigger Happy, Gill Grunt, Whirlwind, Hex, Eruptor, Chop Chop and Bash. That's all elements covered, so aside from maybe spamming Sonic Boom's Medea Griffin babies for the Enemy Goal, it's not really necessary to get more, but....damn they are addictive...*

Also, does anyone take advantage of the fact you can refund Skylanders you don't like? Since the things run with an RFID chip, you can scan them while they are still sealed...so if you don't like it, just reset the skylander and refund it, the pack is still sealed! :)  :lol  I've not done it, but it's so tempting if i ever buy another one.

*I still hate you Activision. In fact, i hate you twice as much, because you sold me the 3DS version (which is a piece of crap which was so bad i couldn't even sell it on when i tried, not even for half price, with all packaging intact) and now you've got me addicted to these figures and spending even more money...on figures i don't even need! Damn you Activision... :mad 

4. Cybermnky

Cybermnky Well-Known Member

To be honest, I like characters just because tehy are fun. The game is not hard so whether an attack is more effective or not doesn't really make a difference to me.

Drobot is really cool though, Sonic Boom is as well but I think I like Drobot more.

5. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    So far Drobot, Cynder, and Stealth Elf are the most powerful at lvl10 that I have played with.

6. Bendimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Well look what came in the mail today.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pretty awesome for $2. Good paint job, and the same size as a regular spell. Though I'm thinking they are just grabbing whatever and mailing it. I'm sure I had this guy behind Terrabite and Gil Runt, and I've only seen these things posted on the web like three times so they can't be running low yet, lol.

Great offer, though I'll probably just grab the other three off of eBay.

7. Treadshot A1

I just got more and more into this since its the perfect difficulty level for my mother, who loves games which are (according to her) very hard to beat.

In other words, I have to find games fit for 5 yr olds, or use infinite lives cheats.

Either way, its given me an excuse to grow my Skylanders collection to:

Dark Spyro
    Stealth Elf
    Ignitor

Spyro
    Trigger Happy
    Gill Grunt

Whirlwind
    Hex
    Eruptor
    Bash
    Chop Chop
    Cynder
    Sonic Boom
    Wham Shell

Dragon's Peak (Sunburn, Sparx Dragonfly, Winged Boots)

So far I still find this game remarkably crap. Its glitchy (I'm at 98% completion, and only need one more treasure chest, which won't show up thanks to the glitch-prone programming), its short, its too easy. I realise the game is supposed to be easy, but the game should be longer. With 32 characters not including variants, there should have been at least 32 levels to give us time to use the characters. 22 levels is too short, even if they were creative levels (which some weren't).

That won't stop me from buying Giants to make my mum happy (she's obsessed with Master Blaster Drobot because of his lasers being so OP), and so that I can buy Chill (who is so awesome).

But I will hate Activision. Because the game is crap.

And $30 for Dragon's Peak, a level which is so crap and so short and so easy (as you beat the game first, you start with powerful characters, which makes it easy to ram through the minions) is just plain crazy. I won't be buying any more adventure packs. Instead, I'll wait for Terrafin to be rereleased as a Single pack in Giants.

Still, trying to beat the game with a level 1 character with no heroics is annoyingly challenging. Especially with Chop Chop, the games worst character.

[/rant]

8. Dupree

Dupree Well-Known Member

Well, my cousin introduced this to me in December. She came over for Christmas with a crap-ton of these guys and I surprised her by having my own Skylander (bought Voodood, he looked awesome!) now I'm hooked. I'm going to probably buy the PS3 version of Giants when it comes out and even though the sidekicks do nothing, I still wouldn't mind a Gill Runt haha. Is anyone else with me when I say that I wish they thought of this with Pokemon?! Jesus haha

9. Treadshot A1

Honestly no. I think Pokemon's system of ripping you off is a much better one, as they coded many more characters into each game. Even though there are always two versions, if not a third one after that, the games still give you a lot more variety than Skylanders, even back in the days of RBY.

Also, I still think Activision should rebrand the Skylanders line. They're not toys that come to life, they're statues that come to life. While using the "come to life" idea is a bit of a stretch of the imagination, I can accept that as a marketing tool. What I can't accept is the designation as "toys" when they are nothing more than statues. And when there are obvious seam lines for each limb (Spyro, I'm looking at you), it just makes it that much more painful that they didn't add articulation.

And I would still like a Whisper Elf please. A Terra Bite too. The other two I don't really care about.

Anyway, what's everyone looking forward to most in Giants? I know I can't wait to nab a Chill statue, as Ice attacks are always cool. Personally I hope she'll be like Stealth Elf, except with some form of Projectile (even a basic ice shard shooting move would be good). Else, every other character just seems a bit boring to me. :( 

10. Bendimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Countdown to the Giants release!

Any more on the Wii U version? I'm wondering if the Wii portal will work with the Wii U version of the game? So far Gamestop only has a listing for a Starter pack so I'm thinking maybe not. :( 

11. Treadshot A1

10 days till Giants release!

I promised myself I would only get the starter pack and Chill; I'm hoping I can stick to that! :) 

While I realise I don't really need a second portal, I am definitely switching to the PS3 for Giants. Wii wasn't good enough; just dumbed down compared to everything else. Stealth Elf got nerfed with shortened Arboreal Acrobatics, you couldn't attack the chainsaws in Falling Forest with anything except the rockets (you could just attack them regularly in all the other versions) and the Tier List was different thanks to Cynder's ShadowDancer being actually able to slow things down on Wii (it was glitched to not slow anything down in the other versions). Even Eruptor got a boost on the Wii, when he was crap in everything else.

I am definitely getting the PS3 version, solely for a better Stealth Elf. Hopefully a better control system as well; the Wii's 'shake to open' treasure chests quickly got old.

12. Bendimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
  13. a person

a person Is not amused.

News Credits:
    I'm on the fence about this one. If the game doesn't require you to play as a Giant, I'll probably buy it at some point. I still need to hunt down the expansion packs for the first game.

14. Treadshot A1

You can play as both small and large characters, however some areas do have obstacles that require Giants (as seen in some youtube videos of official trailers/ads).