Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Bendimus Prime, Sep 20, 2011.

1. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I really just wanted Ignitor because I like his design, but thanks for the info! I'll go ahead and get Drobot for now, and grab Ignitor if/when he is released.

2. Protoman

Protoman The Legendary One Veteran

News Credits:
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  3. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Toy Designer

I'm thinking about trading in my 3DS Skylanders game, since I have all the original boxes (right down to the original baggies inside, even the plastic that held the batteries together), and then getting a Wii version instead. I bought the 3DS version for $88, and the console versions are all selling for $88.

Two questions:

A) how much should I expect for the 3DS game? I realise it's now used, and so it's not worth $88, but how much should it be worth (factoring in that the store will obviously have to make its own profit as well)? I'm perfectly willing to pay an extra $20-25 to get a console version, but is that going to be a reasonable expectation?

B) is Spyro like Dark Spyro? And should I really trade in my Stealth Elf? I've always thought of Gill Grunt as one of the few I wanted from the Skylanders line (I only chose 3DS in the first place because it was a choice between Stealth Elf and Gill Grunt, and I love Stealth Elf's design), but at the same time I love the mix I get from the three Skylanders I have (speedy Elf, powerful Ignitor and all-round D.Spyro). How is it to play with the three in the console starter packs? This won't affect my decision at all on getting more Skylanders (I will stick to the three in the starter), so I want to know if they're at least decent to use. And does Spyro have similar or very different attacks to Dark Spyro? If its similar, that's great as I don't feel like I'm losing that much, but at the same time, it'd be nice to play with something different. I just want to make sure it's something different but still good. And did I mention I love Stealth Elf ('s design)? I just don't know if paying a bit more to get the console version is worth letting her go...is she even available as a single pack? I'd consider breaking my decision on not buying more Skylanders if I could get her as a single pack...

Edit: I'm fully aware there's a video review above, but my Internet connection's screwy, I'm barely able to post this, so watching videos are out of the question (I tried, it wouldn't load).

Edit 2: I don't want to do this, but should I hang on to what I've got, and either get the console version as well, or perhaps just hang on to it and see if any friends pick up the console version? I don't really want to spend the extra money to get a console version (unless it's about 20 dollars or so, in which case I'd be willing to part with the cash to upgrade, but another $88? Bit too dear, as they say 'round here), but I was wondering if anyone had both a console and a 3DS version, and would thus know whether or not there's something to be gained from having both.

Edit 3: I have NOT used the codes on the Skylanders website, the paperwork in my copy is as-new, the stickers have never been removed from the sheet, the poster is as I got it, in case that affects my chances of trading it in/selling it/somehow getting rid of it and getting cash in return.

Edit 4: did I mention I love Stealth Elf's design? And her cheap projectile killing from afar? And her speed? And her....well, that's about it, really.

4. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    Just noticed in the Wal-Marts Black Friday ad (page 8), the Wii version of Skylanders will be $49.96

5. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Red and black red and black

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I'm going to get the game really soon, but I've already bought a handful of the figures. I love nifty concepts, and this is definitely a game I don't mind buying into, really. I like to game on a more serious level but every now and then a game comes out that I just want to chill and relax and not worry about working up to top tier...and Skylanders seems to fit the bill right now.

The toy collector in me is going to get the entire set of figures. I can just feel it inside of me...

6. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Toy Designer

Purely out of curiosity, which is everyone's favorite character design?

For me, it's obviously Stealth Elf, i bought the crap 3DS version just for her, and Ignitor's a close second. I suppose the only other two that even remotely interest me are Gill Grunt and Terrafin, which leaves me in a pretty good position, at least in terms of my wallet. :) 

7. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Red and black red and black

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    It's a tossup between Whirlwind and Hex for me. I like the mix of bird and dragon with Whirlwind, and that kind of dark witch aesthetic is something I also dig.

8. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    I'm wondering if anyone on here is still interested in this game. I've now got the PS3 and 3DS versions along with one Adventure Pack and 11 figures...and I keep wanting more. It really is a lot of fun to me.

9. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My favorite is Drobot, and he's the only one I have so far (still don't have the game yet :lol ). Thankfully, one of the guys at the gaming club I go to every week has the game, so it seems that Drobot will be able to stretch his servos before long!

10. NCStarscream

News Credits:
    Drobot is awesome! I just got him yesterday and spent all evening powering him up. Bash is my favorite but Drobot is giving him a run for his money. I also really like Dark Spyro, especially on the 3DS version in which he has his own unique moves and doesn't just duplicate regular Spyro.

11. Fuzz

Fuzz Garbage Pail Kid

My son has an extra Dino Rang and Sonic Boom if anyone is interested in trading. Both are unused.

He's looking for: Prizm Break, Slam Bam, Double Trouble, Warnado, Camo, Drill Sergeant, or Drobot

12. NCStarscream

News Credits:
    Camo and Warnado aren't out yet and probably won't be until the Spring, in case you didn't realize.

I found Cynder today and she's well worth the search. Great fun to play.

13. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    What the heck is with the character packs is nowhere to be seen in my area? Before Christmas, I could find them all the time. Now the pegs are empty everytime I visit the stores.

14. Cybermnky

Cybermnky Well-Known Member

Just got this game after playing it at my friends and damn is it fun. I'm looking togte more figures as I only have 5 at the moment. Sadly - no Air Skylanders have been released up here which is annoying.

15. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    With not finding figures and refusing to pay after market prices I found that GameStop have the 3-packs for sale online. But there's a catch. They send you a random 3-pack. Having no other figures other than the ones that came with the game, I took the chance and ordered 2. My package arrived today and got the Drobot/Flameslinger/Stump Smash and Whirlwind/Double Trouble/Drill Sergeant 3-packs. I'm happy that I took a very lucky chance on these. For those looking for anything, I recommend this path.

Skylanders Spyro's Adventure 3 Character Pack for Collectibles | GameStop

After looking online today, I see that they have Flameslinger, Drill Sergeant, amd Chop Chop singles available.

16. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
  17. a person

a person Is not amused.

News Credits:
    Awesome. Crash of the Titans is a great game.

18. Mechafire

Mechafire Tarnished Veteran

News Credits:
    Got this game for Christmas and really dig the whole concept. Only thing is I haven't been able to find a single Skylander in my local stores yet. It's a bit ridiculous.

Excited to see all this Giants stuff.

19. Methusalen

Methusalen Not good enough for G1!

News Credits:
    My wife & I picked up the game for the Wii a week or so before Xmas, and have since picked up Stump Smash, Sonic Boom; & this week we picked up Hex, & Whirlwind...

I'm not looking to go crazy on the figures, I'll only pick up one of each type (until I *have* one of each type, then I might pick up some misc. figures for the heck of it...).

Any recommendations for the Fire & Earth type figures?

20. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+: