Skylanders Battlegrounds: Sending characters to die, essentially (iDevices)

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Treadshot A1, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Toy Designer

And.... I just made the mistake of buying Skylanders: Battlegrounds Mobile Starter Pack. The one with Double Trouble, because apparently Activision decided to make Royal Double Trouble a US Gamestop exclusive (I want a blue DT!!! :mad  :(  ).

Anyone else have this game? Did you pay $7.50 for it on the App Store or did yuou buy it for $60 with the Portal, Jet-Vac, Cynder, DT and the Platinum Treasure Chest like I did?

Does anyone use the Platinum Treasure Chest? I know it gives a 4x EXP boost, but I haven't used it yet, on account of the fact I don't want to essentially use a legal cheat code (I'll do that when I get stuck eventually).

That said, I've already gone to Activision Assist's Facebook page to see if there's a way to get the redemption code off my Apple Account.

[​IMG]

Yeah, I know it's rather useless now (I highly doubt Activision can or will do anything), but I'm going to try anyways.

So...uh....discuss! Or at least tell me how to not have Skylanders dying in this game all the time? :( 

EDIT: Hmm...Skylanders have abilities! Drobot's Sap ability makes this game pretty much....how do I put it...

...like SotF Ignitor spamming Flame Soul....

...like Double Trouble spamming Magic Bombs....

These abilities make the game stupidly easy! Drobot doesn't even need to worry about health any more. I only have to protect Chill's health (it doesn't help that she often ends up being targeted by trolls) now, and that's not too hard at all.

Basically, with Abilities, I'm going to change my opinion of the game from "bad" to "mediocre". :) 

Attached Files: