Skybound Transformers #7 review thoughts opinions

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Nemesisprime1975, Apr 8, 2024.

1. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime Well-Known Member

Arcee might mistakenly think he's dead last time she'd seen him due to something we haven't seen and Elita-1 found info stating otherwise after that.

• Like Like x 7
  2. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    this was amazing in so many ways
    -love the art style change, especially in the bot faces; starscreams and carly stuck out to me a lot
    -had no problem reading it imagining their g1 voices for everyone and it coming through flawlessly
    -whole decepticon section was amazing, SW kicked ass and SS deserved every hit. and man is this SS next level delusional, even more than IDW "chosen one" starscream. the superiority complex is off the chart, and still thinking he is privileged and in control when hes literally been beaten and shredded, that was crazy
    -love getting back to the classic elita resisting shockwave on cybertron structure.

• Like Like x 10
  3. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde 狡猾の死神

News Credits:
    I will say... In regards to those who think they're killing off characters too quickly: I totally understand what you mean, I think the reason I'm less-so bothered by it is that... ultimately there's like hundreds characters in this franchise, even if you just stick to the original G1 toyline that's a LOT of heads to account for, as long as they flesh out some they don't exactly need to do so with everyone.

Yeah it sucks when a favorite may be gunned down fairly early but perhaps this means we'll get to see characters who aren't the focus as much to get some attention.

Honestly the weirdest thing to me was the possible concept of a child Arcee? In the flashback with Magnus she looked quite small, so like... do Cybes age in a similar manner to us? That's kinda weird, but definitely not a deal breaker.

Update: On second thought I think Magnus is just huge, looking at the page again... LOL

Last edited: Apr 11, 2024
    • Like Like x 15
  4. NextToNoMoney

NextToNoMoney Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Okay, wasn't sure at first, but now I'm convinced

[​IMG]

upload_2024-4-11_17-31-40.png

• Like Like x 7
  5. Veridioz

Veridioz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    UM: this is bullshit...
    IMG20240411163852.jpg

• Like Like x 14
  6. Fricknmaniac

Fricknmaniac Well-Known Member

You're absolutely right. I went back and looked again, there's no indication that the Elita scenes are a flashback. And looking ahead at the solicits, they're definitely doing present day Cybertron alongside present day Earth. So no, I now realize it's not a flashback.

Now I'm wondering if who Elita saw was Omega Supreme (which would open up travel between Cybertron and Earth) or some other transportation Autobot. Technically she doesn't appear in the same panel as the bot, so there's not necessarily any indication of scale.

• Like Like x 6
  7. SteelWheels

SteelWheels Well-Known Member

All my concerns about them switching up the artists are essentially gone. The work continues to be in tune with the style/vibes of the previous chapters. The combat scenes and robo-gore are excellent, gotta love it.

Also, All Hail Soundwave.

• Like Like x 12
  8. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    Yeah, but TFs being so hard to kill could also justify none of those being real deaths in the first place. "Mostly dead" is still "alive enough." Given what Teletraan was rebuilding people from... MOST of those guys might be salvageable. It hasn't been established what actually kills a TF in this continuity

• Like Like x 9
  9. Ravewind

Ravewind Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is how I like to think of it too. They may be able to go down somewhat easier but it takes a lot more to ensure that they're down permanently.

It can be that though possible it's extremely hard to fully repair certain damage which is why each loss, even if temporary is mourned. They never know when or if their friend will ever be online again.

I'd like to think that simply due to Reflector's damage that if we do get him back the compromise is that he's then split into three (say it's mind issues as they can't refuse his cerebral predecessors into one, etc) to fully invoke the original.

• Like Like x 7
  10. oisinrc

oisinrc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't think anyone else has noticed this, but it looks like the decepticons that take out Huffer Warpath and Kup are the combaticons, or at least have Brawl in their numbers

• Like Like x 11
  11. Wild Bill

Wild Bill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    For those of you (like me) who are feeling a little sad at some of their favorite characters being bumped off, it is worth noting that we still have flashbacks and prequels. I mean, we are pretty late into the war. We could still have a lot of pre war and during the war stories that could be touched on later. We are very early into this stuff, there is no telling what is in store long term.

• Like Like x 10
  12. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Man, they are killing folks left and right.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Inzclouds

Inzclouds Starscream Fangirl

Hot take, but I really don’t think we should care about our favorite characters being killed off rn. Comics always kill off characters just to revive them in the future, so I’m sure we’ll be seeing people like huffer and warpath real soon. No point in feeling sad about a character’s death until the comic itself is scheduled to lose its license.

• Like Like x 5
  14. Nemesisprime1975

Nemesisprime1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've been reading comics for longer then I care to remember and I have to say this series is up there as one of the best I've ever read. I just want this series to run and run.

Loving it all so much.

• Like Like x 6
  15. Ramjet555

Ramjet555 Well-Known Member

Seeing Soundwave beat the brakes off of Starscream in such a one-sided fight was so satisfying after they've build up the most cowardly but twisted version of Starscream we've ever seen.

Also, Ultra Magnus looks awesome and HUGE. Hope they can find a way to bring him back into the fold. Also clocked the Combaticons being the ones that were mowing down the Cybertron team, love this series so far.

• Like Like x 11
  16. Scurv

Scurv Well-Known Member

If you look at the next issues covers that's confirmed, doesn't look like they got away unscathed.
    Screenshot_20240412_075733_Samsung Internet~2.jpg Screenshot_20240412_075700_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  17. Ramjet555

Ramjet555 Well-Known Member

100% this. I'm actually invested in the fights and combat now. Harkens back to when Game of Thrones was at its peak. If you see a character in a combat situation, it could actually be the end for them. Makes for really great stakes.

• Like Like x 11
  18. Inzclouds

Inzclouds Starscream Fangirl

Oh no. I'm getting serious IDW Elita vibes from this, and I hated IDW Elita. I hope she's not another bloodthirsty psycho.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Scurv

Scurv Well-Known Member

Nah, just a warrior in this continuity trying to save Ultra Magnus. Really liking her and Arcees story.

• Like Like x 10
  20. NextToNoMoney

NextToNoMoney Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, so far, she's a disciplined Autobot warrior who cares (well, cared) for her team (while they lasted)

upload_2024-4-12_9-41-56.png

upload_2024-4-12_9-40-30.png

upload_2024-4-12_9-40-54.png

• Like Like x 14