Skybound Transformers #7 review thoughts opinions

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Nemesisprime1975, Apr 8, 2024.

1. Inzclouds

Inzclouds Starscream Fangirl

I kind of struggled with “hearing” his g1 voice but reading what sounds like someone with a normal non-robotic voice would say. It gets a little better when you imagine his voice changing in pitch whenever he changes emotions or when a word is bolded. At least they’re sticking with him talking like normal instead of constantly switching between normal and robotic like IDW did.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Fricknmaniac

Fricknmaniac Well-Known Member

Actually, I take my earlier thought of Soundwave not being leader of the Decepticons for very long.

My guess is he'll keep the leadership role until issue #13, with #12 ending with another big fight between Autobots and Decepticons that ends with Megatron showing up (after being in the background for several issues) and taking his arm back from Optimus.

• Like Like x 1
  3. dj_convoy II

dj_convoy II Remix!

News Credits:
    Anyone who's "died" thus far... how do you know they won't be repaired / resurrected / somehow brought back? Skywarp "died" and is still part of the story, just to name a name.

• Like Like x 9
  4. Yellow Shirted Kid

Yellow Shirted Kid His name is Devastator, not Brawl

YouTube (Legacy):
    Fourth time actually

1000001587.gif

• Like Like x 13
  5. Gridlock1987

Gridlock1987 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ah, but then it would mean it was "death" for cheap shock value, like Captain America or Wolverine "dieing", just to return after a year or two. ;) 

I kid, I kid. Like I said earlier, sure it's always a possibility. Again, I'm not against named characters dieing. I just find silly how offten it happened so far.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That’s the thing. The second they bring someone back, the door is opened for anyone.. which will make “death” less meaningful in the future. And the gruesome way Huffer, Kup, and Warpath bit it seemed pretty final.

I guess we’ll see with Jetfire…

• Like Like x 10
  7. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime Eat 'em up, eat 'em up, eat 'em up.

News Credits:
    This is going to be the whole issue they have to answer to.

I'm already sort of bored to tears here with the series. I'm waiting for a plot, but it's going no where when it's replaced with "watch who shows up/who gets blown away violently". Which doesn't excite me.

Either Skybound is is going to run low on characters quick for shock value, or it'll all be meaningless because it can be undone by just fixing robots and switching them back on again. Either way it's being overdone and I find it easy to forget about the series already. There's not much more going on to grab my interest.

• Like Like x 10
  8. Mentalic

Mentalic Well-Known Member

Well, its a comic. Even beyond Transformers, comic deaths and returns are pretty much standard operating procedure.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Frontier4

Frontier4 Well-Known Member

I think they just killed off Major Bludd over in Duke.
    But I feel like in a cast with name characters who everyone has a favorite...I dunno, I just don't feel like you need to kill them off so quickly. I guess if the writer has no intention of doing anything with them, then yeah, but why not develop more characters?

There are other ways to create stakes than just killing characters off in my opinion.
    I dunno, there didn't seem to be much left of the Autobots on Cybertron.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde 怪人

News Credits:
    Holy cow, a LOT happened this issue.

The situation on Cybertron seems pretty dire, as to be expected.... I'm curious what Elita's going to do now, since she appears to be by herself. :/ The whole confrontation with Starscream and Soundwave was pretty satisfying since this is naturally a culmination of Starscream's mishaps as a leader up to now...

You know it's good when you're actually bummed that the issue is over and you need to wait for the next one. :lol 

• Like Like x 6
  11. Wild Bill

Wild Bill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No, so far no big names have died. Major Blood was a fake out. It ended up being a shot in the eye, which will result in him having his signature eyepatch.

• Like Like x 8
  12. Rojixus

Rojixus Generation 2's Strongest Soldier

That's always the case in comics as long as you have more than one person writing the thing. As soon as one writer wants to play with the toys their predecessor threw away, they'll find any means to get their toy back.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Cicilka

Cicilka Member

It looks like Starscream is going to be found by the US army. The admiral ordered them to go after the robots, cut to the Decepticons with Starscream occuppying the panel's top spot and being discarded there later. Good thing he's already wearing the correct colors for that encounter.

And what's this fixation Starscream has with eyes? He told Ravage to gouge Optimus's out, he said that it would be a pleasure to gouge Cliffjumper's like he did with all others from Cliff's clan, now Soundwave very specifically chose to send Laserbeak to gouge one of Starscream's out. There must be a reason why this injury is particularly insulting to Starscream.

I think that the last organ Soundwave took might be this universe's version of a T-Cog. They took a wing and an eye. The eye may have also been for symbolic reasons, but it would also affect his performance as a flier (...where are their eyes in alt-mode anyway). Taking the T-Cog on top of that would guarantee with a high degree of certainty that Starscream won't be back in the skies, making him harmless without necessarily killing him.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2024
    • Like Like x 9
  14. Thundershot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I’ve been reading comic books most of my life, and death is absolutely meaningless. It used to be that Uncle Ben, Bucky, and Thunderbird were the only ones they couldn’t bring back… well, two out of three are back. Uncle Ben should be safely deceased, though.

With this book, however, I’m hoping the stakes are higher and death is… death. We’ll see what happens. No one has been resurrected… yet. Though the Ark bringing people back might be enough…

• Like Like x 5
  15. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime 1st Cybertronian Spectre of the Galactic Council

I was good with this issue. New guy seems like he's working off of DJW's storyboards/breakdowns but doing his own style. The page composition, storytelling and timing still feels like the first six issues.

-Oh Soundwave...Screamer's comeback will be legendary. Enjoy this while you can. :D .

-Carly and Arcee. Yes to this and keep it coming.

-Op's vision. So there will be a sharing of life experiences as someone here guessed. Nice.

-Like how we get a taste of what's Cybertron's like atm. They're teasing Magnus and I welcome it but I also hope they don't burn through/grow the entire roster too fast. I like the decent sized core group with special appearances approach. Leaves room for individual personal stories and not be overshadowed by the main plot.

Pm Dachande or one of the comics discussion specific mods (each site section has designated mods) and they'll change it for you.

Depends on the comic. With superheroes yeah there's the whole "we got better" thing and it has been trivialized a lot because of tm and all that. But in other comics death can be permanent.

With this series it depends on how they revive them and how TFs in this continuity actually die. I like and prefer perma-deaths too so IF they do bring back Huffer and Co, at least make it hard. TFs are notoriously hard to kill so they should be harder to bring them back.

• Like Like x 4
  16. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I didn't dislike the previous art, but I like the new guy much better. His faces are so appealing and stylish

• Like Like x 3
  17. GreyFox787

GreyFox787 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Did I miss an indicator in the panels, or is everyone just assuming the Elita 1 scene is a flashback? Seemed to me that the happenings on Cybertron might be running concurrently with what's happening on Earth, or very close to it.

Fantastic issue, though. It just keeps getting better and better.

• Like Like x 6
  18. NextToNoMoney

NextToNoMoney Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In Issue 4, Cliff explained that he joined the war the day after his entire clan was murdered by Starscream, and I'm assuming he fought in more battles than just entering the Ark and escaping

• Like Like x 1
  19. Veridioz

Veridioz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Magnus hasn't even said a damn word in this continuity and he's already catching L's.
    My boy can't catch a break.

• Like Like x 5
  20. Thundershot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wait, people think it’s a flashback? I wasn’t paying attention. I thought it was a “meanwhile, back on Cybertron” scene… but then again, if the corpse is Magnus, how is that current if Arcee is already talking about Magnus being dead. I’ll need to reread the Elita scenes.

• Like Like x 6