Skybound’s Transformers Comics Solicitations: May 2024 and FCBD Special

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by omegafix, Nov 14, 2023.

1. Wild Bill

Wild Bill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He is just sweating through his eyes.

• Like Like x 9
  2. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

The Damned Flatlands. (I need mountains!)
    I wish I liked the art in this series. If I want a good story, I’d rather just read a novel. If I’m reading a comic, I’m really more interested in the visuals. And just like with music, I can acknowledge the talent of the artist but at the same time not really like the art. This doesn’t “click” with me.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Scurv

Scurv Well-Known Member

Pacifist? You are mistaken, Thundercracker clearly likes war, just not the killing of the weak.

• Like Like x 6
  4. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

I’ve never viewed him as anything close to a pacifist, but I’ve likewise never thought he “clearly likes war.”

• Like Like x 5
  5. Scurv

Scurv Well-Known Member

I guess I should clarify, I think he's a warrior who wants to prove himself in battle.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

I don’t follow the fiction very closely, but I always saw Thundercracker as a reluctant participant caught up in a cause that he initially thought was based on more noble values. He tolerated things he opposed in hopes that it was all for a greater purpose, but by the time he saw through the facade, he was in too deep to pull out.

• Like Like x 7
  7. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

Kind of like marriage, if that helps with the understanding…;) 

• Like Like x 2
  8. Ravewind

Ravewind Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He's a goon and always should be one even if he has his misgivings. And just because he has misgivings doesn't mean he's a "good" guy considering his OG profile and how he views those who can't fly.

The more I learn about IDW's take the more I find myself glad I didn't get involved after they took over from Dreamwave.

• Like Like x 7
  9. Cyberbot8460

Cyberbot8460 Pretty Fly, For A Bi Guy

YouTube (Legacy):
    It's a parallel.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    It\'s nice to have G1-Bio Thundercracker as part of the cast. It feels like he\'s been missing for a long time. I never liked the IDW version though. I mean, I liked him in AHM and the start of Costa\'s ongoing (though in hindsight, neither version of the character felt fully realized), but Barber\'s Thundercracker seriously upset me when he started behaving like a meme. I still feel like the G1-bio for the character, and the fandoms series of headcannons and fanons about the guy over the decades are probably still more established as being Thundercracker than his interpretation in IDW as a comic relief character. I wouldn\'t have minded if Thundercracker was as cruel as Starscream, but I think his presence offers an almost necessary contrast to the rest of the Decepticon ranks. It shows the Decepticons have more of a spectrum of evil to them. You clearly have Lawful Evil in Soundwave, Neutral Evil in Thundercracker, and Chaotic Evil in Starscream. I\'m describing it reductively, but I think morality chart-lingo more or less illustrates what I\'m trying to say.

• Like Like x 13
  11. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

That sounds like a particularly Sunbow-centric view of the character, but to each their own. There are no wrong answers when it comes to the fiction, as far as I’m concerned. It’s all up to the individual and how they choose to interpret the available material.

• Like Like x 8
  12. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde ‎ ファイヤーコンボイ

News Credits:
    DWJ continues to show that he seems to understand these characters quite well.

Very much looking forward to this issue.

• Like Like x 7
  13. Jazz of Staniz

Jazz of Staniz Dean of Cybertron

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I see some IDW traits carried over with Thundercracker

14. AtomicGarden

AtomicGarden Energon homebrewer

Looks like G1 bio Thundercracker done right to me. IDW did it well at first too, but then it was all too much.

Thundercracker is not supposed to be a good guy. He plays for the bad guys team alright, he’s just not cruel or straight up evil. He’s reluctant to the Decepticons cause and he got doubts but he still carries orders. Skywarp would squash innocent lives just for enjoyment and laugh about it, but Thundercracker would probably try to spare them. He’s fighting the Autobots as told, but he’s not enjoying destroying innocent lives for no reason. That’s how I see him.

• Like Like x 11
  15. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    Is more like DWJ is basing this portrayal on the original Thundercracker bio that described him as a sort of Decepticon with a code of honor.

Funnily enough, the latter IDW Thundercracker portrayals went for a more comedic characterization that I see more fitting for someone like Skywarp.

• Like Like x 7
  16. JasonTFW2005

JasonTFW2005 Well-Known Member

Why does art style in some of cover variants differ so dramatically from the comic art?

17. GreyFox787

GreyFox787 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Eh, I think the fan-favorite is Astrotrain, going off the one cover. Thundercracker has already been in the last few issues, so it's not a 'return'.

And I liked his IDW turn up until the screenwriter nonsense...it was never funny, and a bore to read almost any scene with him in it at that point.

• Like Like x 5
  18. Wild Bill

Wild Bill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Because they are done by different artists. I think they do it because the artists have fans and followings. So you do a variant with them and there fans will buy it. That's just a guess though. Comic book covers are weird. I don't completely understand them, but I try not to let it bother me.

• Like Like x 2
  19. DanPro106

DanPro106 Literally Deathsaurus

Here's hoping they genuinely do more with Thundercracker, and hopefully at some point something standalone. Love seeing my favorite seeker being more than just fodder or being a grunt.

20. Sideways198

Sideways198 must consoom product

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Love how they kept Thundercrackers sense of honor, really makes him stand out compared to all the other sadistic cons in this story so far. Hope that he'll stick around for longer and won't get killed off after 2-3 issues.

• Like Like x 5