Skybound’s Transformers Comics Solicitations: March 2024

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by AzT, Dec 15, 2023.

1. Rojixus

Rojixus Generation 2's Strongest Soldier

OOF!

I guess cosmic rays must be hell on skin or something.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    I'm not really sure why you brought this up. It has nothing to do with anything. I didn't say anything about the art being bad. It's just a really dumb pose.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Bravemaximike

Bravemaximike Road Warrior

Arcee has been like this since 1986. And kicked every bit as much ass as Spider Gwen.
    Your “point” is moot and opinionated.
    Get over yourself.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Bravemaximike

Arcee does not have “questionable elements”.
    She’s feminine.
    She still kicks ass.
    You literally have no reason to know what training she’s had in her literally millennia old life span, and she’s often displayed a positive and vivacious attitude, even when going up against incredible odds. Literally since her debut in the 86 movie, throughout Season 3 of the original cartoon, and beyond.
    Stop virtue signaling and trying to make an argument out of nothing.

And I’m sure you’re more than welcome to display your own artwork somewhere. I’m sure it’s at least this good. :rolleyes: 

• Like Like x 3
  5. Cataraks

Cataraks Decepticon Cannibal

This is not unique to this artist.

In fact, the pose is possibly a reference to this rather well known arcee pose (attached color image), just not jumping, and viewed from the front instead of the back, which is probably why it looks so wierd.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 16, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  6. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

I think it's less a reference than a trope. Stock poses can be tiresome, but even so, it's rather obvious that this artist is not good at making stock poses feel natural. The examples you included are more dynamic, expressive, and fluid, while the cover in quesion looks stiff and phony.

zmog

• Like Like x 4
  7. onnsake

onnsake champ

News Credits:
    It's not a great cover. It looks rushed and as if the artist relied heavily on reference material cause he might not have been familiar with the characters.

Is it worth starting the 8 millionth "I don't like that some people draw Arcee sexy. It makes me mad. Anyone that likes girly Arcee is a ____ist/____phobe/bigot/incel/etc."

It's just a crappy variant cover that will be instantly forgotten. Let it go.

8. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

It's amazing how many people are willing to start an argument because someone said "that's a lame attempt at a sexy pose". Sounds like someone's got some baggage to claim.

She's a made-up thing, not a person. She doesn't need you to protect her virtue. Someone drew a lame picture. Stop white-knighting for fictional characters when you don't actually know what you're talking about. :lol 

I actually have 2 degrees in fine arts, and have done some professional illustration, though I haven't drawn regularly in over 20 years. Having some background does help one note the subtleties, but you don't need to be an artist to evaluate art, the same way you don't need to be a chef to know when something isn't cooked, or need to be a carpenter to know when your table is wobbly. When it's obvious, you know.

zmog

• Like Like x 5
  9. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    It’s someone significant, tough to say how big a deal it is, but in the context of this story, it is. Some good news for some fans though, in case anyone’s up for spoilers, it’s not
    Jazz

• Like Like x 3
  10. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    How does that even make sense though? You’ve become the leader of a group of soldiers, most of whom are significantly older and more experienced than you, and by virtue of your situation they’re invested in your success because their lives literally depend on it… but somehow there’s nobody who can give you any guidance?

The closest we got to this already, and the only way a premise like that even works at all, was the original marvel run when ratchet was the only functional autobot left. His challenge was to think like a warrior when his experience had not prepared him to do so, and I think that’s roughly analogous to the idea you’re suggesting

11. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    THANK GOD

• Like Like x 1
  12. SquawkingtheTalk

SquawkingtheTalk Getting accused on the astrotrain express

Then who?

13. Altihex

Altihex Well-Known Member

Well ... I'm both happy and concerned at that bit of news. I want said character to stick around, but at this point, I'd say I want all of the
    Autobots
    to survive the first arc.

Of course, we could be looking at this the wrong way. Nobody's said that the character who dies is necessarily an
    Autobot,
    after all ...

• Like Like x 2
  14. Nemesisprime1975

Nemesisprime1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Man every time a fembot is shown in some sort of pose it's some how a negative or stereotyping. Arcee is among the most feminine looking of bots because when she was introduced in tf the movie the artists had to draw her so fans knew this was a fembot. She wasn't the first to be shown in sumbow but was the most prominent.

Even the story in marvel UK called primes rib caused controversy almost to this day with certain writers taking pot shots at furman for his depiction of a fembot. Also arcee saves the day in that story and has been depicted as a powerful fighter pretty much since.

The only real issue I ever had was when Daniel was paired with her as a headmaster in season 3. It comes across as extremely creepy. Even to this then 12 year old.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Bravemaximike

Oh, sorry, I didn’t realize I was talking to a reeeeeaal professional artist. And wow, with TWO fine arts degrees??? Damn, you definitely know what you’re talking about then. Especially when it comes to wobbly tables… apparently?

Nobody is “white-knighting” for a fictional character here, just pointing out the idiocy of talking about said fictional characters “questionable elements” as if they’re somehow offended by the representation of said fictional character.

And especially since you say you have two degrees in fine art, I’d think you’d be far more receptive to a broad range of style and skill from several artists, and not so cynical on your perceived “Subtleties”.

Here’s something that hasn’t even been subtle for you: Arcee has always originally been rather feminine. I’m not saying that to white knight, just pointing out a fact to a forum full of certain fans who feel some need to protest when a girl acts like a girl.

Oh, but hey, so sorry, you’re right, Mr. Two Degrees in Fine Arts that has a much better eye for subtleties and illustration.
    The drawing is bad, and I’m just white knighting a fictional character, sure.
    Whatever helps you sleep at night.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Nemesisprime1975

Nemesisprime1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lol

Love it.

The getting on the soap box about how female transformers indeed female anything should look and act is beyond tiresome. This is arcee, this is g1 arcee with a modern altmode. I'm loving it. Just ad I'm loving optimus prime being prime.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    For the love of God, someone got paid to draw that and the editor allowed it in a comic?? That is terrible!

• Like Like x 5
  18. SquawkingtheTalk

SquawkingtheTalk Getting accused on the astrotrain express

Dude the riddler cooked

19. WreckerImpactor

WreckerImpactor Well-Known Member

Better than looking like traced over actionfigures

• Like Like x 2
  20. WatermelonSpectacles1

WatermelonSpectacles1 Average Beast Wars Megatron Enjoyer

News Credits:
    I don't care that Arcee is drawn to look feminine, she IS feminine; however, if you're fearing for your life, you're not going to strike a cutesy pose to shoot down the bad guy.

• Like Like x 5