Skybound’s Transformers Comics Solicitations: April 2024

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Star Saber, Jan 11, 2024.

1. NextToNoMoney

NextToNoMoney Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 6
  2. Veridioz

Veridioz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Art looks good, reminds me of nick roches earlier art in idw universe.

And i really hope soundwave doesn\'t die in this issue.

• Like Like x 7
  3. Heliblade

Heliblade Autobot Vigilante of Kaon

Like, yeah, this is a realistic reaction from the other Decepticons. What if they just got sick of Starscream\'s shit? Megatron doesn\'t always have to be the one to put him down.

• Like Like x 8
  4. fishpop

fishpop Squishy Bear

Ebay:
    Oh dayum, Soundwave finally had enough of Starscream's shit

Last edited: Mar 18, 2024
    • Like Like x 5
  5. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    How About how excruciating the wait is for each of these issues? I literally hate all the time it takes waiting to read the next one. The true sign of a good series

• Like Like x 4
  6. GreyFox787

GreyFox787 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I\'m loving Corona\'s art here.

Also hoping Soundwave doesn\'t bite it somehow.
    It would be interesting to see Soundwave actually lead the Decepticons. Not like in IDW, after the war - but to be in charge. And then when Megatron comes back - does he just hand the reigns of whatever he\'s built back over? Or does he fight Megatron? Correct me if I\'m wrong, but I don\'t think we\'ve ever had that happen; he\'s always been like a loyal dog to Megatron...

• Like Like x 3
  7. Wheeljack 84

Wheeljack 84 Certified Idiot

"I understood that reference." Screenshot_20240314-173543_YouTube.jpg SkyI-TF-i7-006-130x200.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  8. Cosmosis

Cosmosis Well-Known Member

Facts. Doing both writing and art of that quality must be exhausting.

• Like Like x 2
  9. trence5

trence5 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  10. ThePrime84

ThePrime84 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  11. Rojixus

Rojixus Generation 2's Strongest Soldier

That's literally Starscream's deal in Transformers Prime.

I love how Generation 2 has made a low-key resurgence in recent years.

• Like Like x 3
  12. BethCyra

BethCyra Takara ye broke me heart :(

Been waiting to see how they would handle one of my favs, really hope they holds up well for fans of the comic run.

I might pick up this issue just so I can see their introduction.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

Cute but I don't buy it (figuratively and literally). I mean, I haven't bought the series yet - I'm waiting for a TPB - so I could be missing some context here, but no way Soundwave takes down Starscream that quickly in a fight. I'd argue going by Tech Specs Starscream has a slight edge, but it is something that could go either way. But Soundwave just giving him a stone cold (or Stone Cold) ass whuppin' seems unlikely to me.

14. ^o^CORVUS^o^

^o^CORVUS^o^ You call on me to solve a crooked rhyme

Ebay:
    You're missing some context.

• Like Like x 1
  15. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    only two times come to mind; letting megs get dumped in space in the 86 film, and in IDW, when megs turned autobot, and SW sent ravage to spy/assassinate him

16. Metankgro

Metankgro Active Member

I always believe soundwave was stronger than he looks and despite we can\'t really see how he expresses through his visor and mask, I can tell he has enough shit with Starscreams antiques and the last straw was probably him pushing frenzy (since thats what I\'m assuming since rumble is the red one for me).

• Like Like x 2
  17. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    But there's no fun in that :)  and there is one in a huge beatdown :lol  and we all know Soundwave is going to have a great time trashing Starscream for beating on his sidekicks.

Anyway I'm glad that Skybound has decided to use this portrayal of Soundwave, a Transformer who is not just someone who is loyal to Megatron and the Decepticon cause, but someone who is downright dangerous on his own, and someone who you should never ever mess with (and yeah don't mess with his tapes either).

Last edited: Mar 15, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Treadshot 2.0

News Credits:
    Yep. He actually was in position to kill Optimus prime and Starscream stopped him In order to psychologically torture Optimus by attacking the hospital. In fact I don’t remember soundwave actually losing any fights. In the skirmish inside the arc in the first issue, he was wrecking shop and became demoralized when Optimus critically injured ravage… he wasn’t actually defeated. Even in this issue, we don’t see anybody actually beating up on him.

Well, except that one time jazz suplexed him. But that’s OK because jazz is my favorite character, even more so than soundwave.

what I actually kind of hope happens is the Decepticons all gang up on Starscream and exile him, and he becomes kind of a free agent. He would be a perfect person to work with cobra, since he would invariably underestimate them because he thinks humans are weak, or maybe he will be impressed by their ability to harness Cybertronian technology and Weaponized it. They will probably have beef with Megatron when all is said and done, so my guess is he could use the fact that they have a common enemy as a basis for an alliance. After all, very few people would be capable of providing you better Intel on Megatron. Maybe only Optimus prime himself, soundwave, and perhaps shockwave depending on how he’s portrayed in this continuity.

I also like the idea of soundwave being a huge bad ass and clearly being the second most powerful Decepticon on the main cast. One of my favorite things about transformers prime was how soundwave curb stomped everybody who went against him in a fair one. (LITERALLY, even.) And we are talking about characters who in that show are notorious killers, both on the Autobot and Decepticon side. He just wipes them all. I like the idea of soundwave being one of the biggest bad asses, except he is not completely unfettered due to both his loyalty to Megatron and his practicality in approaching the Decepticons’ mission

• Like Like x 2
  19. Treadshot 2.0

News Credits:
    Even in the movie, he was clearly loyal to Megatron because he didn’t leave him in autobot city. I just don’t think there’s anything he really could’ve done to keep him from getting jettisoned into space. He would’ve just ended up out there with him ultimately, all the rest of the combat-ready Decepticons were united in their decision. He’s strong but not strong enough to beat them all at once.

and even in more than meets the eye, sending ravage to spy on or assassinate him is still kind of giving him the benefit of the doubt. I remember he wasn’t sure what Megatron was doing or why, and he sent the best person possible to ascertain that. Contrast that with Tarn, who immediately wanted to kill Megatron.

Ultimately, that continuities soundwave ended up embodying the original principles of Megatron, before he became evil, more than even Megatron himself did and was directly responsible for saving their universe. So as far as I’m concerned that one gets a pass as well lol.

in case you can’t tell I’m a huge soundwave fan and I will be sick if he gets killed. I was really worried about the feet of jazz in issue six and now they have me worried about the fate of soundwave an issue seven. For crying out loud.

another thing I think would be really interesting would be seeing soundwave as the actual Decepticon leader for a while. I don’t think we’ve ever seen that before but it honestly makes way more sense than even Starscream being the leader. The rest of the Decepticons seem to have genuine camaraderie towards each other, look at how the constructicons address Starscream when they are rescuing him at the end of issue six. So soundwave as a leader seems like he would actually be more in line with their values and culture than Starscream is. He literally doesn’t care about anybody and the rest of them seem to actually care about each other. Look at how frenzy reacted to reflectors death, how thunder cracker reacted to skywarp, and how soundwave reacted to ravage getting hurt. Starscream is the only one that clearly doesn’t care about anybody but himself, ever.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Nemesisprime1975

Nemesisprime1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Soundwave lead in marvel UK following the events of legacy of unicron and pretty much stayed as is until the end of the run (at least in marvel uk) and as a leader he had learned the mistakes previous leaders had made. See time wars for more. And space Pirates too.

• Like Like x 2