Size of MP-10 Optimus Prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Daedalus Knight, Dec 23, 2016.

1. Daedalus Knight

Daedalus Knight Member

Hi, everyone.
    I'm new here so please forgive any mistakes in protocol. I'm considering getting an MP-10 Optimus to fit in a display themed around the 1980's movie. The thing is, though, that I get the impression that he'll be way out of scale. I've been searching around for measurements of him in vehicle mode but haven't found any. Can someone who has one give me the rough length x width x depth of the cab and the cab + trailer together? Thanks in advance for your assistance.

2. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Don't know the dimensions exactly, but I can tell you he's approximately a leader-class sized figure. CW leader Megatron stands about a half inch shorter than him in bot mode.

3. OptimushedPrune

OptimushedPrune Impressive Member

News Credits:
    Cab about, H 10cm to the top is the stacks, W 9cm L 20 cm, with trailer H 14cm, W 10cm L 40cm.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Daedalus Knight

Daedalus Knight Member

Wow... that's enormous. I don't think he'd even fit in my display case in vehicle mode. Guess I should be looking for a smaller scale Prime. Thanks very much for your assistance.

5. WheelWave140

WheelWave140 Hate's not cool, dudes!

News Credits:
    If absolute G1 accuracy isn't your priority, I would recommend the Classics voyager Optimus. There is also a downscaled high quality knock off of MP-10 that is about voyager sized. I believe it's called MPP-10 (by weijang? I'm not sure) somebody else can tell you more about that

6. Daedalus Knight

Daedalus Knight Member

Yeah... I've seen Classics Prime before. It's a great looking toy, but the wind vane on top really bugs me for some reason. Still... it's removable and maybe I could cover the hole in the roof with some modding. I'd need to find a trailer to scale that goes with him.

I haven't seen the knock-off before. Anyone out there want to review it and/or post the measurements?

7. Daedalus Knight

Daedalus Knight Member

Looks like MPP10 is even larger than MP-01. I'm guessing there's a different, downscaled version.
    [​IMG]

8. WheelWave140

News Credits:
    My mistake, MPP-10 is the oversized. The undersized one is just MP10v (For voyager sized)
    Here's the thread on it with dimensions: Voyager Sized MP Optimus Prime KO

• Like Like x 1
  9. Daedalus Knight

Daedalus Knight Member

That looks much closer in scale to what I'm looking for. I'm a little wary of knock-offs... anyone want to volunteer a review? Anyone have a suggestion for a trailer to go with it?

Thanks for your assistance.

10. WheelWave140

News Credits:
    I believe that this: Free Shipping! Trailer of KuBianBao MP10-V is the trailer for the same figure by the same company, sold separately so people that just want the figure aren't driven away by the extra cost of the trailer.

Here's a review of the figure. I'm always happy to help!

11. EarthGBilly

EarthGBilly Sucker for a GERWALK Mode

The MP10V is fantastic. The build quality on mine is superior to most of the official stuff, especially given the size. It is a beautiful, solid figure, transforms in the same way as MP-10, has just enough die-cast to have a heft of quality, and, in a year of shockingly good figures, is easily my vote for best figure of 2016.

There will eventually be a trailer released for him, but for now, folks have been modding G1 trailers or trailers designed to fit Classics Optimus to work. I'm waiting for the trailer, myself.

• Like Like x 1
  12. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

Mp10V is wonderful quality, I don't have mp Prime but he's by far the best quality figure I have

13. Daedalus Knight

Daedalus Knight Member

That's a great review. Thanks for the link.
    The pre-order doesn't show a prototype of the trailer. I think maybe I'll wait until they release it before deciding, but it's looking like this might fit my needs. Thanks again.

14. Daedalus Knight

Daedalus Knight Member

Thanks for the review. I'll take a look and see if I have a G1 trailer somewhere in storage. What trailers fit Classics Optimus? I heard somewhere about a fansproject version, maybe, but was there another?

15. Daedalus Knight

Daedalus Knight Member

Thanks for the review.