Sixshot vs Tarn

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by setsuna, Feb 3, 2019.

?

Who would win in a fight - Sixshot or Tarn

1. Sixshot

75.6%
  2. Tarn

24.4%
  1. setsuna

setsuna Well-Known Member

havnt read all the comics ft. Tarn... but Sixshot vs Tarn! Who would win??

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Defeated Ultra Magnus
    Robo ninja with 7forms
    Takes on Metroplex by himself

Feel free to list Tarn’s claims to fame since i dunno all about him :p 

• Like Like x 2
  2. Cavadus

Cavadus Well-Known Member

Sixshot. Based on his IDW appearance he's most likely the single strongest and toughest transformer in existence and he's all business.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Blackout32

Blackout32 ANTHRAX - PERSISTENCE OF TIME

Cybertron The Matrix of leadership knowledge,power
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I think Sixshot easily cause of the size he has and the gurth with weapons.

4. lordsmurf

lordsmurf Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    It's hard to not side with the guy who's face is literally the Decepticon logo. :confused: 

• Like Like x 3
  5. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Depends on who is writing it. Roberts would have Tarn sip a cup of Tetley's round bag energon and the lift of his pinky would have Sixshot explode.

A COMPETENT writer would have Tarn in pieces.

• Like Like x 13
  6. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Sixshot was killed by the Throtlebots.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Cavadus

Cavadus Well-Known Member

After surviving being pancaked by Metroplex.

8. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    I think I stressed COMPETENT writer...

• Like Like x 7
  9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    The correct answer.

• Like Like x 3
  10. TheWarPathGuy

TheWarPathGuy Tougher than Leather.

I haven't read all of MTMTE, but I can tell you I read all of Inflation to Devastation, and Sixshot was handing it to Optimus and crew. When Tarn was introduced in Issue 7# of MTMTE he was kinda getting thrown around.

11. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

Erhm.....Sixshot is phase sixer....He is ravaging entire planets alone.....

• Like Like x 3
  12. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

This. Tarn wasn't actually that great a fighter. He relied on his team to subdue and wear down targets, then spent an hour literally monologuing them to death. He's a poser.

Sixshot wipes out entire planets and civilisations by himself. He's so good at it, he's got bored of it. The only reason the early idw era bots survived him was because of outside interference calling him off and a rescue ship turning up just in time.

Idw versions, sixshot easily wins without even breaking a sweat.

• Like Like x 6
  13. LockdownTF

LockdownTF Well-Known Member

Don't know much about Tarn so my money's on Sixshot. I mean Megatron considered him such a big threat to his leadership position that he put a kill switch in him so he didn't get to ambitious.

14. Tarn0016

Tarn0016 Well-Known Member

Tarn, here's why. Not only would he simply use his powerful voice to make Sixshot's spark give out, but he also is on the same level as Sixshot and Overlord, he is a known point one percenter AND outlier so it would not be as clear cut "Sixshot's the winner" as you all might think..there are reasons that the DJD and it's leader are feared and what they have done have been told as ghost stories to scare the daylights out of other cybertronians. Also here is an exact quote stated by Drift "I think some cybertronians are markedly more powerful than others: Optimus, Grimlock, Megatron, Fortress Maximus on a good day. I think those are your "once in a generation" bots. But they pale in comparison-all of them-when compared to the likes of Overlord and Sixshot and Tarn." Tarn is not a bad fighter either, he held his own against Overlord without any trouble and was stomped on by a cybernaught and walked it off. He is also the only surviving member of the DJD since it started, all other members besides Tarn were replaced more than once so he must be a good fighter. The quote when Prowl was talking to Chromedome about Phase Sixers, and right here [​IMG] in this page he mentions Overlord, Sixshot and Tarn being the most powerful Decepticons and even mentions more powerful than Optimus, Megatron, Grimlock and Fortress Maximus. He believes that Sixshot, Overlord and Tarn are all three phase sixers "you think something was done to them. You think the decepticons selected their strongest soldiers and then...and then..." I as well believe him to be apart of the phase sixers as there were others besides Overlord, Blackshadow and Sixshot as Tarn mentioned killing others in the past, so it's not unlikely he is one as well. Either way it would be a really close fight.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  15. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Who ever wins we loose.

But really while I think Six Shoot just has an advantage of just being so adaptable and experienced I would still think Tarn could land some good hits.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Arkimus Prime

Arkimus Prime Paleontologist Extraordinaire

News Credits:
    Let's think about it. Not based on circumstance, or happenings, but pure power.

The best relating factor is, of course, Optimus Prime, who, in the Devastation series, was seen to be just about the equal of Sixshot in combat. Then, we move to Megatron, who is beaten by Optimus frequently. At the end of the More than Meets the Eye ongoing series, Megatron absolutely destroys Tarn, hardly even lifting a finger.

So...

Sixshot=Optimus
    Optimus>Megatron
    Megatron<Tarn

Therefore, Sixshot wins. In IDW, at least.

However... in continuity, it would make sense for the match to occur before the events of MTMTE. In this case, Tarn would most likely have the rest of the DJD with him. In their debut, the DJD together were seen to completely annihilate Sky Shadow, a Phase Sixer like Sixshot. So, if it were all of the DJD against Sixshot, then I'd say that it could go either way.

17. Tarn0016

Well actually Megatron didn't use his physical power to kill tarn, he used Anti matter and tarn knew there was no escape. Same exact thing would happen to sixshot so we can't use that situation as a way to estimate power. Just Tarn's voice alone could kill sixshot from a distance then up close he has power equal to a phase sixer so Sixshot and Tarn's fight would be really close like I stated before. Also anyway you look at it Tarn and the DJD had to die at the end of MTMTE as there was no way they could be left alive or they would be a constant deadly threat to the lost Light crew. So if Sixshot had been in the DJD's position and career choice and the main threat then Roberts would have had to kill him off as well. So it's only because of the plot that Tarn was killed not because he isn't really powerful and not that he isn't on par with a phase sixer. Though it almost seems pointless doesn't it? When we all have opposing opinions and these characters which we fight for with our words and of which we like nomatter how much we give our equally good points, we will never sway.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Arkimus Prime

Arkimus Prime Paleontologist Extraordinaire

News Credits:
    Yes and no.

Relating to your earlier note, it's never stated that Tarn is a Phase Sixer. In Last Stand, Megatron is shown with all of the Phase Sixers and Tarn isn't there. Yes, he's a Point One Percenter, but he's not a Phase Sixer.

Plus, Megatron was able to beat Overlord before MTMTE, and Overlord was a Phase Sixer, so it's still to be noted that Megatron is more powerful then Tarn.

Still, you're overestimating Tarn's 'weaponized conversation'. Here's a shot from the comic when this is introduced:

Screenshot 2020-02-27 at 4.08.34 PM.png

Look at that closely. Note this sentence:

"'Maybe so,' they say, 'But you can modulate the timbre of your voice so that it falls into step with the pulse of the listener's spark.'"

This is, of course, important. Note the way it's explained; after looking at this, I'd suggest that he needs to be able to hear the pulse of the spark to do this, aka be pretty close, because A) Sixshot would need to be able to hear the last part, and B), Tarn'd need to hear the pulse of the spark through, like, a foot of armor. Take a look-see at this:

Screenshot 2020-02-27 at 4.22.35 PM.png

I'm pretty sure Tarn isn't going to hear the pulse of a spark through a ''hermetic seal.''

• Like Like x 2
  19. Tarn0016

Though it is not directly stated he is a phase sixer, Tarn himself stated that "phase sixers have a tendency to go "boom" so there were more phase sixers than who was with Megatron in that panel as he has killed them in the past and because of that fact it is possible he could be, why would Megatron not want the person who hunts them to be one? He would require the same advantages to be successful if his team is destroyed,which apparently has happened in the past as they are all new members save but Tarn. Adding to that, i assume Megatron is more powerful than Sixshot as well or else he would be in charge. We still don't know based on the one panel Megatron is lifting Tarn if he is more powerful, Tarn could lift Megatron, so could Overlord or Sixshot or most strong bots so that's not a huge feat and Megatron knew he would have lost the fight without antimatter and a panic bubble so there's that as well. Tarn was able to effect Shockwave through a phone and i personally don't think it has anything to do with Tarn needing to hear the spark, I doubt he could hear the spark through the phone, and again through a recording (after Tarn's death) it effected Scorponok, so he doesn't need to adjust it based on the individual so he does not need to listen to the spark. You can see the references here in these panels:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  20. raindance773

raindance773 Well-Known Member

We don’t know the circumstances surrounding how the DJD got the drop on Black Shadow, but I am guess they prepared for him and set a trap that put the fight in their favor. We see the END of that fight, not the start. And it was five on one, six on one if you count Dominus Ambus as the Pet. And given how Tarn and the DJD tried to get the jump on Shockwave and Scorponok after they left Garrus-9, it’s not a big logical leap to assumed most of the big names offed by the DJD were killed by a combination of traps and surprise and overwhelming odds for the DJD. And given that the DJD did kill a lot of big names, it instead terrorized the rank and file Decepticons, I think the List wasn’t full of heavy hitters.

As for the Phase Sixers, they were built from the remains of the Warriors Elite, and MTMtE heavily implies Heretech was the member killed by Tarn and the DJD AFTER they juiced themselves up on nucleon. Like with Black Shadow, it was five on one, they were using PEDs, and we don’t know the circumstances except that he nearly killed at least one of them (Kaon). Additionally, Tarn’s track record against his fellow Point One Percenters one on one is outstandingly poor. Grimlock nearly rips off his face off, Shockwave gets away, and so does Scorponok, and Megatron outright kills him. They also never took on Starscream, at Megatron’s order, and I’m not convinced because that order wasn’t given because Megatron wasn’t worried his personally killing squad wouldn’t be outsmarted by Screamer.

That said... Tarn never was eager to take on Sixshot, and especially not one-on-one. The DJD as a whole might be a problem for Sixshot. Maybe, and that’s a big maybe. That’s if they had a stellar plan, as this is the same dude who took a hit from a Titan and kept coming. Yes, the Throttlebots killed him, but they did it with a nuclear missile, after he’d killed 2 of them. And we aren’t confirmed that he is actually dead.

Just of the two of them? Tarn is a dead bot walking.