Sins of The Wreckers #5 (Finale)

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Starscream Gaga, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Amazing finale to an amazing story. Was on the edge of my seat the whole time.
    The thing with Tarantulas confused me a little, but the final panel has me excited for future stories in which Springer, Tarantulas and Verity interact. Especially if they end up meeting up with Impactor's gang.

2. RNSrobot

RNSrobot Keeper of the Waspinator Swarm. Blam.

Huh.

At first, I felt like the series wasn't really going anywhere. It's fine that it didn't start off with a bang similar to Last Stand, but the first two issues seemed kind of wheel-spinning. Beautiful art, good characterization...

I was wrong. I think after the delays, when we get a chance to sit down and read this as a complete story in trade, it's only going to get better with age.

The last issue made me *feel* things. I'm not entirely sure *what*, but I am *affected* profoundly, deep in my bones.

Wonderful. An unlikely Transformers story.

PS: thank Roche for not killing Springer. ;) 

3. thingymcjig

thingymcjig Well-Known Member

Awe man, I felt like he didn't get enough page time. But hopefully Tidal Wave made it. He was great.

4. Chaddicus

Chaddicus Don't call me Shirley

I think this issue was too crammed to convey a decent ending. Everything was sandwiched together and I think a 6th issue was needed to flesh it out better. Good series but miles away from LSotW. The constant vocalization of "Wreck" wasn't explained it was getting really annoying and confusing. Like they just threw that in there with no explanation. If they did it throughout the series it'd be one thing, but to start it in the last issue, not good.

5. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^ Is that an actual joke? It's the detonation signal.

6. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    Good on you peeps that were able to tell that Ostaros is Springer. I was expecting that to be a complete fake-out.

This series is so solid.

I can see how that's confusing because he's holding a detonator, but he's also yelling "wreck" it confused me on my first read-through as well.

7. ClatterShards

ClatterShards Well-Known Member

SOTW Final

Pretty much agree with every one said about this issue. Some sympathies for Tarantulas as it must have been really hard for him to lose Ostaros and then have him kill you. At least we might be able to see Tarantulas again.

Also R.I.P. Guzzle

8. CaptainButtocks

CaptainButtocks Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Very much enjoyed this.

Whilst Roche perhaps doesn't have the classic attention to structure and detail that Roberts posesses, he really imbues all his stories with a sense of urgency, panic, claustrophobia and the feeling that the stakes are genuinely high.

Loved seeing Springer go into "big, damn, hero" mode.

9. Stryker055

Stryker055 Trying my best here!

Ebay:
    I kind of like how low-key the Springer-Ostaros revelation was, though I do hope the implications are explored further: what separates Springer from the standard CC/Forged population, and how is his spark different from the Matrix-tapped CC sparks?

I'd love even just a Spotlight: Springer one-shot to go into this subject. I really hope Nick can get a third Wreckers off the ground.

EDIT: Also, the timeline is a little wonky regarding Springer/Ostaros. Ostaros was apparently created (and Mesothulas imprisoned) at some point during the Great War, but Springer was part of Zeta Prime's security force back in Autocracy. While I'd love to just forget that whole trilogy altogether, there seems to be a continuity error in there (unless Prowl pulled an Ultra Magnus and replaced the original dead Springer with Ostaros, which is entirely possible).

I was confused by it when reading the preview, but when I read the issue I caught on when Springer mentioned the "call and response" signal.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
  10. Galvatron1998

Galvatron1998 Maximal

News Credits:
    I loved this issue and thought it was a great conclusion to the series. I don't compare it to LSOTW because they are two completely different stories. I view LSOTW as a very physical story while SOTW is more of a psychological story that relies more on character interaction than action. Tarantulas was a great antagonist and I hope that we can some how see more from him. Also glad to see that
    Springer survives
    and that we may be getting another Wreckers series. Wreck and Rule!

11. agp

agp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Did Impactor know Ostaros became Springer before this story?

12. Knightsword

Knightsword Fire in the North

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yeah just like how Charles Manson isn't really a bad guy because he didn't kill anyone either.

13. Lucas35

Lucas35 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  14. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Awesome, he can just get time to spend with his family. I'm envious. I had to work through all deaths of course.

15. Primal Sabbath

Primal Sabbath Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I do like the little "Revolution" tidbit that was thrown in at the end. I'm hoping he plays a key role throughout it!
    Seriously, We need more Wreckers interacting in the ongoing comics.

16. RNSrobot

RNSrobot Keeper of the Waspinator Swarm. Blam.

No disagreement here. I've been missing Springer from the comics for a long time.

One of the more interesting reprecussions of the delays is that we don't know what comes next. So Arcee and Kup, ultimately, aren't dramatically changed by the events heading into their roles in xRID. But we haven't had any forward movement on Prowl since Prime beat the living crap out of him in the epilogue of Combiner Wars.

Now Impactor is out there with Mayhem... are the Wreckers completely done? Or are they the new Wreckers? Do they have Debris?

17. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    It was an alright ending.

I'm glad
    Springer and Verity lived and currently are at peace for the time being.

Guzzle....goddamn, he really went off the deep end.

Prowl rescuing Springer, I've got to give props where its due.

Impactor and the Mayhem Attack Squad teaming up, I so want a Mayhem of the Wreckers in a few years from now.

Overall It was an alright ending to an alright saga but let's be honest here LSOTW was a tough act to follow.

So I wonder if we'll see Springer and Verity in future issues of Not-RID or Revolution?

18. Sockie

Sockie Veteran

News Credits:
    I don't think that's quite the type of "revolution" Impactor was talking about. The crossover's already going to be packed without suddenly bringing in Mayhem, too. Just a funny coincidence.

19. PELINAL

PELINAL Well-Known Member

That was enjoyable, I really liked the art and dialogue. Pacing felt a bit quick but I thought it was a solid conclusion. The setup for future stories, especially with Mayhem, is something I hope pays off.

I like how the reveal was handled with only a few people knowing about and Springer himself possibly not knowing. I hope the artificial spark is treated as a philosophical and scientific curiosity that is just different in origin compared to forged and cold constructed sparks. Hell, it opens the door for Primacron when you think about it.

20. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The origin of Springer is really cool and I feel like there's quite the potential to expand upon that further!

I'm also extremely curious to see what happens down the road with Impactors next iteration of the Wreckers