Sins of the Wreckers (3 of 5) Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Faizan, Jan 27, 2016.

1. ZeroBG82

ZeroBG82 Well-Known Member

That was what Tarantulas described during his conversation with Prowl, about being able to take on bio-disguises of a sort already. Tarantulas has just upgraded the process substantially, including adding the new elements like being undetectable as Cybertronian.

Basically, Tarantulas took the process that the Dinobots used to create themselves as dinosaurs, and used it to invent Beast Era transformer tech (now with 100% more mass shifting!).

2. Reask

Reask Predacon

Does that mean that while Tarantulas can transform into a large spider, he can also transform into a regular tiny Tarantula? You know, tiny by their standards, slightly small by ours.

3. ZeroBG82

ZeroBG82 Well-Known Member

Probably, though we're not shown such here. But Tarantulas explicitly mentions the mass shifting capabilities during his talk with Prowl (leading Prowl to speculate that Tarantulas could have created a TF with a human bio-mode), and we've seen it in use at least once, and maybe twice: Stampy, who shrinks considerably in his bio-mode, as seen in issue 2, and possibly Tidal Wave, who appeared to shrink into his whale mode in this issue, though that may have just been perspective playing havoc with the artwork.

4. Escargon

Escargon Meh.

News Credits:
    Another little aspect he seems to have improved upon is actually covering the full body-Swoops beast mode, for example, never could tuck in his little robot mode bits in his beast mode chest.

5. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    Was there speculation Verity was pregnant? Could Tarantulas have experimented on her and is creating some kind of hybrid?

6. Sockie

Sockie Veteran

News Credits:
    That sounds really, really dumb. Like out of a bad sci-fi B-movie. It's getting more and more obvious she has some sort of terminal illness, not that she's pregnant ("I think this might be it" would make no sense in the latter case, as she looks nowhere near close to giving birth)

Tarantulas only became interested in Verity when Hubcap picked up her message to Prowl saying she had the Aequitas data. He said this at the start of the issue. If he had any prior contact with her, he would have taken the data then.

7. Reask

Reask Predacon

That's like saying Bombshell captured and tortured Hunter... oh. Well, Nick wouldn't write something as stupid as that.

8. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    Haha, I was only musing. Maybe that's a little too 'mad scientist' for this version of Tarantulas.

9. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    Honestly this characterization is such a breather.

Tarantulas is a lot more complex than I expected. Still messed up, but also genuinely hurt - and perhaps deluded - by the events of the past. Carnivac's little scene with Stakeout was also great. Nick is honestly pretty good at depicting clear Antagonists in vulnerable moments. That goes for Prowl as well. While the majority of the comic is from his perspective, it's clear that despite everything he does feel remorse for his past actions when there was a clear lack of benefit compared to the sacrifice taking place. Compare the death(?) of Ostaros to the manipulation of Kup. On one hand Prowl fully recognizes how pointless and unfair the "death" was compared to what he sees as the full necessity of using Kup as a puppet.

Also Leobreaker? Did not expect him.

I love Tidal Wave's banter. Honestly this is my favourite comic right now, and I'll be looking forward to where things go.

10. Dek

Dek Y R U Reading This?

It was definitely Impactor who through Tarantulas into the noise maze. Notice how they never show his right hand in the flashback? And I agree with the prediction I starks is Springer. He's even colored a light green.

11. carissa

carissa Well-Known Member

I think this series should be named "Sins of the Prowl" not "Sins of the Wreckers" :) 

12. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    It kind of looks like Prowl killed ostaros.

13. PredaconElder

PredaconElder Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Chronologically that doesn't seem possible.

14. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Which panel showed him pulling the trigger, again?

15. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    You know... if it WAS Impactor who took out Mesothulas' lab, that just adds to the "Springer = Ostaros" even more.

Prowl would have been more likely to kill him than Impactor.

And so Prowl is covering for him when he talks to Tarantulas there.

16. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Man I love this series, I have no idea why Roche doesn't get to write his own book. The art is fantastic but I think I value the story telling more. Was it you ZeroBG82 who originally called it being Impactor who tossed Ol' Tarantulas in the noise maze? Cause that is brilliant. The Springer theory even makes sense because in zero point Springer and the Matrix were mentioned quite a bit. While I think your theory is very probable I thought springer already existed before the war broke out. Ostaros shoulders look so damn familiar to me I feel like I've seen them before somewhere in MTMTE. If Ostaros is already dead I'd be okay with it but for some reason when I was first reading it Fortmax jumped out to me as a candidate, maybe cause lil Ozzy and Max are war born? Also can some one figure out who's admissions fit who at the end? Most are simple like Springer wishing he'd gone to get Kup, but what did he do later, maybe something we aren't privy to yet? Arcee was about killing Jiaxus, running with Prowl and maybe squishing humans I think. Roadbuster is the spark eater, and maybe the killing them when they slept and the undeserving bit as well, did he kill his cadets he mentioned in issue #1? I am enjoying this book so much thanks Nick.

17. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Also when Roadbuster commented that he was surprised Impactor didn't rip down his headstone and Impactor mentioned Prowl remembering further back than most maybe it was a kind of a unspoken thing that Prowl let him he keep his Wrecker plot for the tarantulas deal, or maybe he knew what was buried in the grave. And by the way I love the characterization of Trantulas I genuinely feel bad for dude. He reminds me of an ex all hurt, desperate and unable to move on. Poor Steakout :(  I hope Verity gets the chance to say goodbye. Speaking of Verity is any one else a little scared that there is a teeny tiny micro cybertronian on some mass shifting biz doing cartwheels in he belly or dancing around making her all sick or giving her radiation poisoning?

18. power3921

power3921 Well-Known Member

On the Impactor theory, was about to say that the never seeing the right hand was probably just a coincidence when I noticed that in the panel of the lab's wall being smashed open, the hand isn't just off panel, but is conspicuously covered by a piece of flying ruble. I think you're on to something.

19. Dead Metal

Dead Metal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Great series, love the Beast Wars stuff.

As for who Ostaroz, I have two theories:
    Springer, makes the most sense story wise, we're told in this series again that Prowl and Springer don't see eye to eye and that they're polar opposites. Yet Prowl trusts Springer over everyone else.
    Maybe it's because he knows were he comes from and his hatred for him comes from the guilt he feels?

Agent 113. This makes less sense, but could work since Agent 113 was just recently brought back up in MTMTE. After all Agent 113 was Prowl's agent, and he's been outed as being the old dead Vos, which means Prowl wasn't lying when he said he fell in battle.

Maybe we're all wrong and Ostarios turns out to be idw's Optimus Primal.

As for why those shoulders look familiar, they're Roche's standard naked Transformers shoulders, essentially the endoskeleton ones, Overlord had the wxact same ones when he was burned to the "bone".

20. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    Definitely not Rung. Rung predates the war by millions of years.