Sins of the Wreckers (2 of 5) discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by maku098, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    I see what you're doing, Nick.

James scooped up all the C-and-D-listers from G1, so you're turning your butcher's knife on Beast Wars and Armada characters!

Think you're so smart, dont'cha? You smug, sexy, Irish beast!

2. 00raiser956

00raiser956 Galaxy Convoy

Ebay:

Ya I agree on Guzzle he probly will get killed and already seeing those 2 issues hopefully it happens soon cuz he is getting annoying and his tank mode would be cool as a toy if it was better proportioned. Also omg Tidal Wave they need to make a toy of him now. I have the energon version of him and now I need to have me a whale/tank version of him lol

3. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero

Ebay:
    I love this so much. Was the stuff that spilled on guzzle the same stuff that got Razorback in the old days? Get yo wreck on.

4. Warpshard

Warpshard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Does anyone have a picture of Tidal Wave in robot and base mode? I'd really like to see exactly how he looks.

5. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    Well robot mode we never really got to see, he gets stuck partway through transformation.

6. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    It's you, not the book.

7. carissa

carissa Well-Known Member

Is this whole Carnivac and Springer thing supposed to also be an homage/nod/reference/etc to the UK comic series where the cover is the same two characters #203 (Time Wars)? Because I couldn't help but notice when I used TF Wiki to look up Carnivac that the same two are featured there. (No I've never read the issue, just seeing the photo on the TF Wiki page.)

[​IMG]

Or is this just massive coincidence???

8. Parasidian

Parasidian Garrus-1 Warden

News Credits:
    Here you go. :) 
    Tidal Wave Tank/Base mode & Stuck mid Bot transformation

Got to say the moment i saw that the whale was Tidal Wave i got all misty eyed. The fact that my favourite Bot Roadbuster and my favourite Con Tidal Wave are in the same comic almost brought me to tears, i was so damn happy. Ive always wanted to see them in the same story and now my wish has finally been granted. :,)

Also i can't wait to see his bot mode design, the next issue can't get here fast enough and i can't wait for Nick to release the designs of all the characters! :D 

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2020
  9. ZeroBG82

ZeroBG82 Well-Known Member

I just managed to sit down and read this.

Wow.

Ok, first off, what a beautiful book. Roche's art takes a little bit different style in this series than in his previous IDW Transformers work, but it suits the tone of the series really well. Still identifiable as Roche art, but... dirtier. Harder used. The world of this book feels grimy and grey. Exactly like it's cast. Even the colors take on a muted, soul crushing inkiness. Absolutely love the visual storytelling going on here.

After the grand, high speed action thriller take from LSOTW, I was surprised to see the radical change in tone in the first issue of Sins. But with issue 2, it becomes clearer what the creatives are up to here. The Wreckers are, even more so than usual, a cast of broken bots. Springer clearly traumatized by Garrus 9, Kup mind controlled and confronted with the horrors of his past, Impactor seemingly hungry for a fight at any cost. Even Roadbuster, who so compassionately sat with Springer for so long callously gives in to violence and torture, because that's WHO HE IS. Is it who needs to be? The series seems poised to ask that question of him and the others, and damn if it isn't mesmerizing.

And don't even get me started on Guzzle. He hasn't gone off the deep end, he's dug an even deeper end. Yikes. The bit with Polar Claw (aww, one of my favorite Beast Wars toys. You'll be missed.) was brutality as an art form.

Outcasts all (seriously, even IDW's Dinobots have more friends outside their circle than these guys), and their task to rescue the most hated man on Cybertron. Even Arcee, Prowl's closest "friend" is starting to see just what kind of dick he is. Her reaction to the controlled-Kup sequence was one of my favorite parts of the issue.

Also, the Beast Wars love! Stampy, Claw Jaw, Polar Claw and Cybershark (or at least one of his bodies, he wasn't named in issue, I don't think?)! Also, Tidal Wave as a whale is inspired. Hasbro and the 3P's, get to designing, I wants a precious, if you'll pardon a moment of Gollum.

In short, radically different from Last Stand, but playing with some of the similar themes, Sins is pulling an Empire Strikes Back. Darker and more introspective, at least so far. Good lord do I love this series already.

10. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero

Ebay:
    I really loved the art and the colors really set the mood. I think my favorite moments in this book had to do with compassion Springer, Verity, stakeout, & Kup, really had some touching moments that I really enjoyed. I so misread what Guzzle was doing I thought it was spilling on his face after he bifurcated his enemy not doing what he did.

11. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How mush does the IDW staff know about Hasbro'so Prime Wars? We know it started with CW and next up is TR, but then is a currently unknown third and final part. Could Prime Wars part 3 be Beast Wars and IDW knows and is trying to make the introduction seem less forced?

12. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

"But we're Autobots!"

Haha.

How being friends with Prowl works for you now, Arcee?

Ditch him, girl. Everyone else already did, be a smart bot too.

13. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nick Roche is a well-known fan of Marvel UK.

So whatever the opposite of coincidence is? That's this.

14. Sockie

Sockie Veteran

News Credits:
    Springer and Carnivac had a lot more to do with each other than just sharing a cover in Marvel UK. They became friends there.

15. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Verity is dying most likely. Her talk of mortality is something that the Wreckers will never understand. I wonder what the rabbit's name is.

16. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime Eat 'em up, eat 'em up, eat 'em up.

News Credits:
    Stampy

17. WilyMech

News Credits:
    Wow! They are owned by Hasbro I thought that maybe they could come up with a better name than that. Man I feel sorry the Rabbit, it proves that Bugs Bunny has the better agents then Stampy when it came Rascally Wabbit.

18. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Herald Of Primus

News Credits:
    What? This particular conversation?

Well you initiated it so...forget it.

Happy New Year never the less.

..............................?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2020
  19. WoundSave

WoundSave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    IDW is certainly in the know in advance. The generations line is geared around IDW for the most part, and in story details like sunstreaker, mirage and the Protectobots leaving the lost light to be on cybertron for combiner wars are certainly being discussed well in advance. The main artists are adopting toy designs long before we see them (for example, Astrotrain is clearly drawn from the design of the up coming Sentinel Prime figure. )

Beyond the circumstancial, I spoke to Andrew Griffith at tfcon in August 2012 (I think I have the year right ) . He told me that hasbro had been showing prototypes and concept sketches around to IDW, but didn't tell me what characters. But this was clearly the first comic pack in toys, Hoist, TrailCUTTER/breaker, Orion Pax, bomber Megatron, which didn't come out till, what, a year later.

I did ask him specifically if they are making a Rubg figure and he just kind of shrugged sadly.

So it stands to reason that IDW knows at least the plot line of the arc as a whole, key characters that hasbro wants to see featured to tie the comics to the toy line, the specifics are really up to IDW as to how it all goes down, and I think hasbro seems to be really decent about keeping them in the know well in advance.

It would be super cool (and a great marketing move for the old school fans) if hasbro came back to combiners to do the predacons, seacons, monstructor in the final installment of this mega plot arc. Here's hoping

20. WilyMech

News Credits:
    Aside from Stampy being the name of the rabbit. I like the book as a whole. Prowl portrayal is just awesome. Springer catching up with the times. Kup finally gets a moment to shine. Verity is actually is decent as for being the human. I was almost afraid of seeing Sari Sumdac. Alternate mode is human with some of the characters here.