Singapore Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Super_Megatron, Oct 23, 2007.

1. djork

djork Member

ahhh. i just found my mp grimmy got a chip off of plastic at his left biceps. =(

cannot be spotted unless i turn the forearm round.

can this be exchanged since the conditions of tru said no exchange of transformers?

2. Underwear

Underwear Banned

News Credits:
    Nope unlike the US which even opened figs can be exchanged but here once it's opened you're out of luck.

TRU Sg only accepts exchanges on the condition that the product hasn't been opened yet.

3. Blindspot77

Blindspot77 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not sure anyone can help me, but I will try anyway. I heard there are KO for the ROTF Leader Class Optimus Prime, from normal to buster to the black version.

I just got myself a standard ROTF Prime; the seller says it's real, but nowadays the KO are so good that is hard to tell. Anyone can share when me what are the key things to spot if its real or KO?

4. Blindspot77

News Credits:
    I think maybe the whole MTMTE or the IDW universe. You gonna have a big heart and a deep pocket. Hahaa.

Actually, come to think of it. I was hit once. I saw the last batch of YOTH prime, but that was before I became real into hardcore collecting and is very new to all these.

So I took my sweet time to consider, thinking such high ticket item sure will be there for about a week. Just two days when I finally decided, all gone and heard was scalped by someone all over SG. Damn, in the end thanks god they have a last piece in the display cabinet, but the box was a little banged up.

Think I got fate with imperfection every since. Things I got from someone second hand or even from retail, come home sure got some kinks and dinks somewhere on the box. :( 

5. Blindspot77

News Credits:
    I given up getting a Whirl for Rhinox too, that Jazzmeister keep Whirl this and Whirls that, making me feel like getting one now. Hahaa.

I kinda cannot click with the headscalp, but the heli mode is great.

How much are you selling bro?

6. Underwear

Underwear Banned

News Credits:
    If you have the time, feel free to check out the vid reviews on this thread..

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-3rd-party-video-reviews/983867-ko-buster-prime-review-comparison.html

That's how the G1 toy looked like.

7. Blindspot77

News Credits:
    Thanks bro. I saw the buster prime one before. Mine is the normal std single pack ROTF Prime. Could not find any video so far on it.

I spend a lot of time taking it out of box and sealinging it back. Will be a bummer if it's a KO. The chinese sticker i found below it make me more worried if it's the real deal.

8. CyberShadow

CyberShadow Wheeljacks Lab

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Ah thanks. I go home on that line anyway so I may just drop in to check. And, yeah, if scalpers are enough to make long time collectors reconsider their hobby, they must really put off someone just getting started.... Although I guess a new starter doesnt care as much about WHAT they buy, or NEED that specific figure like a long term collector, and has more choice what to buy.

I would guess it cant be returned too, but there must be some return/exchange policy. I have only lived here a year, but in England - and I guess that this is pretty standard - the item must be 'suitable for use' as part of the general trade rules. If I buy a Voyager without a head, you can be very sure I am returning it. The US has a much more competitive retail market I guess, so storea want customers to be happy, and so take in to exchange almost anything.

9. fakebusker83

fakebusker83 Radicon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Argh. He was sold. Yesterday.

Sorry!

10. CybertronStreak

CybertronStreak Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is Tankor still available at retails here?

11. Underwear

Underwear Banned

News Credits:
    Hi bro long time no see.

Well you can try your luck at either OG Orchard or Isetan @ Shaw orchard.

If you're travelling, please check out the Changi Airport toy shop in departure lounge. A bit cheaper with 7% discount (aka gst free).

Bro please take note Utoys is usually closed on Monday.

12. CyberShadow

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Awesome, thanks for the heads-up!

13. Blindspot77

News Credits:
    Ob well. I was one step too late.

But seriously if you are talking about collecting as hobby they are everywhere. Due to the increase in average spending power it become even more prevalent. Last time wbere only expert in the field and with deep pocket. Now it could be anyone eve you and me. Just need to know what's rare and have the cashflow to snap all those upand deny the market of stuffs.

For me I just learn to live with them. Anyway it's extra entertainment for me watching them grab stuffs.

Yeah and sg's return policy is almost no existence.

I know. I cannot relate to it even during G1. Need some time to grow that love maybe. Haba.

14. CybertronStreak

CybertronStreak Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Do they also have those so-called AOE cyberverse and the redeco of Energon Cruellock as Grimlock with Legends Optimus Prime unless they are only sold in Malaysia like the DOTM Cyberverse 5-Pack. Did the TRU exclusive Bumblebee Evolution 2-pack get released here?

I was at Botcon 3 weeks ago.

15. phuque99

phuque99 Well-Known Member

Singapore market is probably small enough for scalpers to exist. I just received tips in CSC on how to scalp others by hoarding limbs from a few of the current combiners.

16. Blindspot77

News Credits:
    Seriously one can even scalp that way? I know there is a market for 3rd Party. But does want need to scalp and earn to this kind of extend?

This is creating fake demand. Digusting.

17. GGGG00

GGGG00 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Out at TRU Forum ($31.95), probably will be out in the other TRU this week or next. Bumblebee 2.0 appears smaller than other AoE deluxes but nonetheless quite movie accurate. The mandarin orange-ish yellow sort of cheapen the look, but the figure design is still quite slick. But of course, IMO, movie 1 Concept Camaro Bumblebee is still the best movie deluxe bumblebee.

By the way, Forum TRU also clearing Predaking at $69.90. YoH Starscream reduced to $50.

18. Blindspot77

News Credits:
    Yes. I agree the movie 1 Concept Camero bee the slickest.

Are they still Predaking around there? Any sighting on Keon wave 4, the yellow packs Kreo?

19. CyberShadow

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Exactly!

The Evolution Bee pack was also in TRU Express in Orchard Central (?), next to the OG. They also had Rhinox for $40. Also, one Rattrap in OG, not in the main section but the small section opposite the down escalators.

20. Blindspot77

News Credits:
    Ok. Then i am going to drop by the closest TRU to check out some new stuffs. Haha.

*Edited* Those who like Beast Hunter, Leader size (I think) Beast Fire Predaking at 1/2 price at $30. Grab one fast. Impressive sized figure that I have been waiting for it's price to drop in TRU. My endurance pays off. Spotted this deal in VIVO TRU.

Attached Files: