Singapore Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Super_Megatron, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Blindspot77

Blindspot77 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The offer started today? I thought it is going to be on Sunday. Any other stuff that it will be on offer?

By the way let me know if MP Grimmy leg is loose if you open it to play.

2. Blindspot77

News Credits:
    But that was several years back. So far since I started they almost always carry more or less the same stuff from one another.

3. Tracer1

Tracer1 Well-Known Member

Last time I went to Takashimaya (last month I think), I still saw some Japanese Transformers

4. 0JazzMeister0

0JazzMeister0 Autobot Jo

News Credits:
    Meh. Wasted a trip to Suntec. Nothing really outstanding except for Voyager Whirl on sale for $39.90 which I already have.

Was amusing watching the scalpers gather like vultures over Grimlock and Predaking tho.

5. Blindspot77

News Credits:
    Come tru at Suntec fast. Loads of Predaking. But they are going out at an amazing rate. Almost everyone is grabbing one.

Now is should I send for another MP Grimlock. Hmmmm........

Attached Files:

6. 0JazzMeister0

0JazzMeister0 Autobot Jo

News Credits:
    I was just there. Personally don't want or need Predaking. Why do you want to buy another Grimlock?

7. Blindspot77

News Credits:
    One to keep in box. And one to open. Anyway I get a second Predaking. Starting my life towards being king of scalpers. If could not sell then I will open to play and display them.

Anyway grimlock going going gone fast. I saw scalper or tourist. The two guys on the side holding 2. They at the end grab 3 each.

You were there? Maybe I had bump into ya. Never tell me you are there. I could pass you the wheeljack. Hahaha. Or are you one of them in the picture?

Attached Files:

8. phuque99

phuque99 Well-Known Member

Do any shops in CSC sell that make toys green giant?

9. djork

djork Member

what time was that?

i reached there in the afternoon and had less than 10. all boxes have creases. =(

10. Underwear

Underwear Banned

News Credits:

Nah..from the pixs you posted sista Jazz is nowhere in sight.

All I can describe is, she have smooth porcelain white skin & a beautiful smile. ;) 

11. Blindspot77

News Credits:
    I was there about 8.10pm onwards. Observing scralpers and learning the rope by watching. Many boxes of prestine Grimmy, Predi ans Wavy.

Hmm....then if she can describer herself then maybe I know if I bump into her. I see many ladies with thier Adult kid boyfriends buying up the Tformers. Maybe she is one of them. Hahaa.

Just go on sunday and ask around. Maybe some shop can order for you or just nice someone selling their collection.

12. djork

djork Member

Anyway, Grimlock Unleashed Kre-o set is available at TRU now. i think it's 89.90 SGD.

13. 0JazzMeister0

0JazzMeister0 Autobot Jo

News Credits:
    So much secondhand embarrassment watching the scalpers act like vultures over those boxes. Ugh... They have no real love for the toy or character they're buying... Just there to grab and resell. :rolleyes: 

What the hell, dude? :gen069:  can you not? :peoples: 

Also, I'm generally repelled by scalpers so the minute they showed up and started grabbing boxes I left. Plus, they must be new, considering some of them - judging by the looks I was getting while browsing the TF racks - still cannot process that girls can also like TFs. :rolleyes: 

Yeah, definitely was not there at 8+ I left about 20-30 mins probably, before you arrived. Also just FYI, I have neither kid, nor bf (nor am I in need of any).

Now, in the meantime, have a Cyclonus

[​IMG]

14. Blindspot77

News Credits:

Hahaa maybe I might be one of them who you thought is a scalper too and gave a dirty look. I think I have impression I exchange a wierd look with someone when I just reached there. It was very close just after 8pm. Unless you left like before 8pm.

Seemed like you have a lot of disdain for scalpers. To me I am ok with them, well willing buyer willing seller. At least they provide me some entertainment.

For them to become scalper they need to spend time and effort to buy and sell later. That's how trading comes about from ancient times. So maybe cut them some slacks. Unless are those cocky with huge cashflow to sweep up everything denying creating shortage in the retail and still cocky about that. Then that would totally disgust me.

As long they don't cheat, I guess they are pretty harmless also. Just chill and have fun watching them. Like I did, I stayed around to check out more toys stuffs to share with friends and observe fellow Transformers collectors and scalpers.

Hahaa, by the way, you are addicted to taking closeup of your transformers with instagram like filter?

15. 0JazzMeister0

0JazzMeister0 Autobot Jo

News Credits:
    I left before 8.

Nope. Don't like scalpers, never will. It's because of them coming in and buying up everything to sell for some crazy marked up price that actual fans sometimes haven't been able to get a particular figure.

Let's say you want a particular deluxe figure that costs $28. Thanks to the scalpers you cannot find it at retail price anymore and now the only way to get that figure is to pay triple the cost on something like eBay. <<--- this scenario? 2007 Camaro Bumblebee. Why do you think TRU now has a cap on how many pieces one person can buy? You haven't seen guys walk out of TRU with massive bags full of Bees and meanwhile some poor kid is looking for Bee on the empty shelves.

You want to buy an extra piece to sell off later for a bit of extra cash in a tight spot, fine. I have no problems with that. I do have a problem when they buy by the bulk load so there's nothing left and thereby deprive the rest of us from getting the figures we need unless we're willing to fork out more than what the figure is worth. This is why most people - not just me - don't like scalpers.

Yeah I was introduced to an app that lets you create various backgrounds and effects so my TFs are my experimental subjects while I mess around with it.

16. Underwear

Underwear Banned

News Credits:

*facepalm* :banghead: 

Freedom is the right of all sentient scalpers. :scalper 

17. rainningstorm

rainningstorm cheapskate@Cantonment

just popping in

I was at suntec. Went to check to see what was avaliable left foc grim/blaster and gen rhinox /whirl.

18. Blindspot77

News Credits:
    Ok, I get what you mean. If I am faced with that kinda of situation I will be mad too.

But I think retailers and manufacturers are smarter. They will try to gauge the demand and pump hell lot of them in places especially like TRU. Like the recent movie toys, they are so much everywhere in SG.

2007 was that bad? thank god I had not started the hobby in those turmoil times. Maybe because that was close to the revival of the Tformers hype, hence manufacturers or retailers did not push out enough stocks hence the scalpers impact become severe.

And recently scalpers goes for big ticket item hence impact on kid are not that much. Maybe it is more irritating for serious collectors like us. :D 

Anyway, we shall see if these Grimlock, Soundwave or Predaking turn up in ebay.

Yeah, there are many nice photography apps to make great photoediting on the go.

19. Blindspot77

News Credits:
    Haha, I am not Sentinel level yet.

I am Orion Scalper.

20. Blindspot77

News Credits: