Singapore Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Super_Megatron, Oct 23, 2007.

1. and2ng

and2ng Examples, Stupid!

News Credits:
    ^ Win her over to your POV on TFs with this movie, Auto. You can do it! :p 

And yeah, the Fallen is really just a waste of character... the plot would not even change if he was not in it. For a title character, he was pretty much a wimp.
    Devastator too.... Without him in the movie, nothing is changed. And he's an even bigger wimp since he gets taken out by a weapon (considered inferior to the firepower of TFs) designed by humans.

2. Man utd prime

Man utd prime Ass Kicker...

Yep the fallen kinda sucked dick, he was nowhere until he teleported infront of the bots. Maybe megswill go report to unicron about his fallen "master" n become GALVATRON!!! Lame thoughts :-D

3. zeroXII

zeroXII metallicon

News Credits:
    I dunno man, its a friggin rail gun. If the tfs can be brought down by enough sabot rounds, i don't see why a rail gun blast wouldn't work.

I will however go on record to say that i would have preferred Devs to have been taken out by tfs instead of the rail gun. He didn't even do much fighting to begin with.

4. jemaxis

jemaxis Well-Known Member

Hi anyone knows if HA BB is out and where is offering it at a good price?

5. fakebusker83

fakebusker83 Radicon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey guys.

Since I'm hit with a bout of insomnia, I might as well introduce myself proper to this thread.

I'm fakebusker83, and I have been lurking around these forums for goodness knows how long. I have always been reading this thread religiously, so it's kinda funny I know most of you, yet none of you (you know what I mean.)

A little more about myself. I'm working as a designer, but I'm quite interested in customizing TFs. I have many ongoing projects, but because of work and other stuff, I tend to finish them slow. Like very slow (dun we all.) Feel free to peruse my flickr.

Of course, I have my heroes, like JinSatome, F_R, and a few others, and I'm always elated to discover there are more customizers within our shores. Very encouraging. I'd love to swap tips and stories (and uh, maybe trade spare robot bits.)

I was a TF fan in my youth, and like many, the excitement was rearoused by the live movies. Love them or hate them, they have done much to change Transformers in the eyes of the modern audience. Oh yeah, I'm a decepticon kinda person.

Well, that's all I can say in this post. I read often, but I don't expect I will post much (lazy ass.) especially in the next week when I'm loyally, patriotically, empathically, exasperatingly serving my country.

Really glad to finally say hi to you guys. Nice bunch!

6. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    fakebuster83@ Hey welcome aboard bro. it's always nice to see "new blood" on the Sg thread. hope to see you stick around & post here as often as you like. feel free to ask the bros (or sista) here abt anything TF-related under the sun. we would be more than willing to oblige man. cheers! :) 

Jemaxis@ Bro afaik HA BB alrdy sighted at TRU paragon. pricing wise since it's just a newly released item & so don't expect any "good" pricing for it yet. maybe you can scout out CSC over the weekend, just look look & see see if any of the shops there have alrdy got their stocks in.

(or you can ask our bro Auto, he might know a thing or two..)

7. Man utd prime

Man utd prime Ass Kicker...

Well how powerful is a rail gun anyway? It freakin 1 hit k-oed Devy. I also wished Devy could have been unleashed on the autobots and own some balls, sadly he wasnt part of the battle plan. His mission was to mainly show off his vacuum cleaner and reveal the sun/star harvester. Thats all. Sadly also, the other autobots just stood there and fired guns, the human tanks hurt the decepticons alot more. Wished they could have gone out and one-on-one some decepticons and kick some ass!

The fallen sucks!!!!!!!! WTF,he could hav at least gave optmus a tough fight, but it will increase the movie's run time only. Sad.. Wonder who will be the next villain... Bring on GALVATRON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. 0JazzMeister0

0JazzMeister0 Autobot Jo

News Credits:
    You're welcome to watch it with me again, perhaps I could explain to wifey about what's going on XD... Maybe she'll understand it better coming from another female? ;) 

Fallen? Heh... maybe all those thousands of years he sat around doing nothing made him lazy and... rusty.. at least in the fighting department?

9. lowem

lowem Well-Known Member

Watched Eraser? Something like that. Rail guns are supposed to have high penetrating power but low explosive power. In other words, uh, ahem, it goes deep but makes a small hole. So I'd say the humans managed to make a lucky shot.

10. tfpenguin

tfpenguin Autobot

I think it was really wasted though.
    Prime could have easily taken out Megatron and Starscream together but The Fallen was more important.
    And about The Fallen being weak, Jetfire did say that his parts would give Prime power he would never imagine, right?
    And The Fallen also did say "Only a Prime can defeat me" or something.

Oh, and how long would it take for deluxes or anything to even go on 20% off?

11. phate

phate Well-Known Member

HA BB is priced @ $69.90 at TRU Paragon. Quite expensive....

12. zfeakye

zfeakye Starscreaming Slut

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Welcome to the jungle!!! Please share more of your customs!! we have a couple of customisers here!!
    And also alot of lobangs....and god sightings...makes TF hunting so much easier (except for scalpers of coz)

Guys, my Mighty MUGGS STARSCREAM and TFA Safeguard just knocked on my door yesterday!!! from robotkingdom.com, like i said previously, super great bargain!! MM SC for <SGD$20, TFA safeguard <SGD$25!!!

13. fakebusker83

fakebusker83 Radicon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Muahaha...speaking of scalpers.

I was hunting for a rotf ravage yesterday, and I thought there were quite a few around especially at TRU tamp, OG orchard and metro paragon last week. Imagine my shock&horror to see none left. My suspicion was that scalpers may have gotten to them immediately after the movie opened so as to bank on that cat's popularity.

Luckily I found my kitty at TRU paragon, below the prominent sign saying (paraphrase) "No traders allowed. Each purchase limited to 2 pieces. etc." I guffawed all the way to the counter.

The moral of the story is that TRU paragon is still a bastion of hope in these dark times.

Anyway, here is my sightings report in case it's not reported already. Plentiful mixmasters and voyager megatrons in most outlets along Orchard area, so just take a hike and you'll find one eventually. Funny why the mixers were not scalped. I thought the hype over them was quite huge.

Lots of Chromias and some sideswipes+sideways at both metro and TRU.

1 x Movie smokescreen found hidden among the wheelies at metro

If anyone still wants to take advantage of the $19.90 TFA voyager seekers, there are some at OG orchard. I don't see them anywhere else these days.

And Zfeakye, I eagerly await your Devastator. Quickly quickly!

Btw guys, I've been some LED stuff in my customs, but the main issue has always been the battery holders (I use button cells) and switches. They are always too large especially for deluxe figures. I source my stuff at Sim Lim Square. Is there anywhere else on this sunny island I can look? Thanks a mil. (Too bad Sg dunch have radioshack.)

14. zeroXII

zeroXII metallicon

News Credits:
    Closest thing we have to a radio shack would be Sim Lim Tower. I'd guess that would be a better place to look compared to SL Square.

Welcome btw, and nice to hear you're interested in customs. And guessing from your nick, you must be an '83 child - just like me!

15. jemaxis

jemaxis Well-Known Member

Thks Rizuan and Phate for the heads up. Expected it to be priced as such afterall its going for US$49.90 in the states. Will try to see if I can go down to CSC tomorrow.

16. 0JazzMeister0

0JazzMeister0 Autobot Jo

News Credits:
    <__<

>__>

RC Selling HA Bee for $65... Just got mine...

17. Mach

Mach Grand Master

News Credits:
    EZ Collections (Takara ROTF Legends) has been sighted at CSC. 8 different characters.
    See attached for box image (different packaging from Hasbro legends class)

Attached Files:

18. 0JazzMeister0

0JazzMeister0 Autobot Jo

News Credits:
    I think some of us tf.sg folks will be down at CSC tomorrow. If any of you guys are going down to get your Alternities, etc, look for us and join us for a chat or something yea?

19. and2ng

and2ng Examples, Stupid!

News Credits:
    Yeah, saw them yesterday when I collected the Alternities. I received the mailer for them from U-Toys, miswritten as EZ Devastator. Went to ask and realised it was these guys.

You know, I kinda like Hasbro's packaging for these legends toys.
    These TF EZ Collection boxes make it real cheap, like that of Bandai's candy toys...

20. solitudinal

solitudinal /B/anned

News Credits:
    I know what you're saying, but I think there's a certain charm to them. Very 'Japanese Culture'-like :)