Since how long you into tf

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Soundwavelover2004, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Galvatron1998

Galvatron1998 Maximal

News Credits:
    I had several Playskool Transformers as a kid but I'd say around 2006 or 2007 is when I really got into Transformers. I remember the Cybertron episode "Scourge" being one of the earliest television episodes I watched. After the 2007 movie came out, Transformers was huge at my school. Kids would bring their toys to school and play with them during recess. I had the privilege of always getting to be Optimus Prime at recess. I got the 20th anniversary release of the 1986 movie for my 10th birthday (I still have the DVD to this day). The first Bay movie got me into Transformers but I soon made the jump to plenty of G1, Animated, and the Unicron Trilogy. Beast Wars came a little bit later but I'd say that I went all in on Transformers at a pretty young age.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Saberclaw84

Saberclaw84 Defensor’s Servant

I was pretty young when the '07 movie came out, and "kid me" was instantly enamored by it. I remember getting the Payload figure from my local Walmart and falling in love with it. I also remember that my dad rented a horribly scratched up variant of a G1 DVD that didn't work from a video store, just for me. Through the Monkey Bar TV website I came into contact with Cybertron, and then picked up the "Best of the Autobots" Armada DVD, as well as the "Return of Megatron" Energon DVD, both of which I still have all these years later. That Christmas I got a couple of Movie figures (Fast Action Battlers Starscream and Optimus and Deluxe Barricade), and for my birthday I got Universe Tankor. (Tankor, Payload, Barricade, and Optimus sadly did not escape the wrath of the garage sale)
    I think I fell out of love with it around 2010, and then Power Core Combiners brought me back, kept me in for a couple of years, and then a friend got me back into it during school-related convention.
    I'm still going strong, two years after getting back into it again.

It has been two years since I wrote that entry, and I thought I'd give an update on things since I wrote it.
    I hit my 100th Transformer mark in collecting January 2019. I also now have the entirety of BW on DVD. Transformers still means a lot to me, and I decided to even go and make a G1 Payload as an OC, due to his closeness to my heart. I owe this franchise a lot. And I hope to be in it until the day I die.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Smokeyoreo18

Smokeyoreo18 Well-Known Member

YouTube:
    Around 2012
    I was watching rotf at my family friend’s house and it was the most amazing thing I’ve ever seen ( back then) so later by dad bought dotm on tv and I just got hooked from there my first toys were the kreo transformers and the legend class dotm and TFP figures but then my parents banned me from it because I wasn’t focusing on my work ,in 2013 when I moved back to America my mom let me play transformers legends and the constructo bots let me read some transformers comics but didn’t let me watch any shows or movies but I got my first big transformers figure generations blaster and for my birthday I got metroplex ,later onin 2014 my mom finally let me watch a transformers show so I watched TFP and was instantly hooked from there I watched beast wars g1 I read the screen to page animated comics and eventually watched every TF show then I watched Transformers the movie 1986 and I was blown away then later I watched age of extinction and I thought it was the most coolest thing ever( back then) then I went on to read the IDW comics (the ones that came with the thrilling 30 toys) and the marvel comics and then I watched rid 2015 but was disappointed I didn’t really like what was happening in the comics and I wasn’t allowed to go on YouTube or play games back then so I just stopped caring and became a marvel fan but when the trailer for TLK came out I came back into transformers but when it came I was really disappointed also rid 2015 still sucked so then I started watching anime I was still a fan but not a really big one but when the trailer for bumblebee came out I went into transformers and around that time cyberverse was coming out I really enjoyed it and when bumblebee came out I was blown away and I’m officially a hard core fan and hopefully siege will keep me one

Last edited: May 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Arkimus Prime

Arkimus Prime Hasta La Vista, Bay Bee

August, maybe?

First figure was Siege Hound. That glorious bastard.

• Like Like x 3
  5. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:

• Like Like x 2
  6. Rojixus

Rojixus Well-Known Member

Since Generation 2, I watched the cartoon religiously when I was in preschool and kindergarten and collected the toys with equal fervor. I largely sat out the Unicron Trilogy, so I spent those years renting whatever Transformers videos I could get from Blockbuster (since the internet wasn't anywhere near what it is today). Once Animated and the Michael Bay movie came out, I was back on board and keeping up with Transformers ever since.

• Like Like x 2
  7. LockdownTF

LockdownTF Well-Known Member

since I was about 7 or 8 back when the original G1 transformers cartoon was relatively new. Used to take weekly trips to the video rental store I'd be allowed to pick out two videos one usually transformers the other would be anything from gobots to mask crusaders to centurions. Got a box of the toys from from someone my mum knew and gradually built my collection from there. Most of my G1 toys didn't survive my childhood so I just collect the newer stuff now.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Cyberbot8460

Cyberbot8460 Korean Geewunner.

Google+:
    YouTube:
    I'm on the younger side. I watched the first movie at home in 2009. I enjoyed it, and delved deeper, and here I am now.

• Like Like x 2
  9. imfallenangel

imfallenangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Since 1978 if not earlier...Yes I know, they weren't even a glitter in Hasbro's eyes then, but I'm talking about robots that transform...

And the first time I saw the concept (as far as I can remember right now) was with Grendizer with the enemy's "Saucer Beasts" which would transforms from saucer to robot.

Also part of this, there was the Shogun warriors that would be giant robots that had a few that would transform.

So when Diaclone and other lines came out, they were just new addition to my "pile of what I enjoyed so much. Then Machine robo that became the Go-bots were the next step, and then finally TFs showed up.

And I can say that I've been in the whole science fiction thing even such transforming robots even existed, with Space 1999 and just about everything else from the 60s and 70s being my almost daily "dose" of such things.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Maximus Magnus

Maximus Magnus Colonel, 19th Tank Regiment, 84th Armor Division.

The movie in '07 was my first watch, with my first toy being Screen Battles Bumblebee vs. Barricade, but since than I've seen G1, Prime, RID2015, and Cyberverse, as well as followed comic story lines, but strangely enough I've only ever owned a handful of more Transformers toys.

• Like Like x 2
  11. PcPrime23

PcPrime23 Filipinooooooooooooo

News Credits:
    I'm another one on the younger side. I remember my dad bringing home the first Transformers in 2007 to watch on DVD, I was in fifth grade in 2007, and I enjoyed it so much. So much so that I started collecting the movies toys as a kid and I still collect to this day.

• Like Like x 2
  12. CountDrunkula

CountDrunkula Sturdy Beard

News Credits:
    So, even though I was an 80's kid, TFs weren't really my jam back then. I was a G.I. Joe guy. However, in 1999 Hasbro released Transmetals 2 Megatron, and it was all downhill from there. Can't believe I have been doing this for nearly 21 years, but that does explain why my house is overflowing with TFs...

• Like Like x 2
  13. The Fallen

The Fallen "Deserve's got nothing to do with it."

I still have my G2 Bumblebee and some pieces of G2 Drench and G2 Leadfoot. The real start was Beast Wars. My friend got Optimal Optimus for his birthday and showed it to me. Being around 7 at the time, I had to have one. I got him for Christmas and it was off to the races then! I've been a fan ever since.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Minibots

Minibots Suggestion noted -- and ignored!

• Like Like x 2
  15. Mega scream

Mega scream Tyrannical Freedom Fighter

my mum bought my dad (a kinda TF fan) Transformers: the Ultimate Guide but I ended up being the one who actually read it and yeah, i just got hooked.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Rocketboarder

Rocketboarder Member

For me it was the 2007 movie trailer that got me interested. I had always had an interest as a kid (my parents would by me transformers and I had always played with them) but it wasnt until the trailer that I had become a hardcore fan. And I have been one ever since!

• Like Like x 2
  17. Skyfire98

Skyfire98 You can’t beat the original!

Man I wish kids today would get into transformers now like before instead of marvel,Fortnite,roblox Gacha crap etc. Tbh transformers used be so popular back in the old days. It still is but not as much. I got into transformers when I got a 1 step Optimus prime figure lol.Brings back good memories.

• Like Like x 1