Since everyone crucifies Prime...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by twiztidRodimus, Oct 2, 2011.

1. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    So is calling someone a hypocrite, that's the point I was trying to make.

Do you mean you put the movie comics in their own continuity? Would that be due to the few things (esp. between the first film and ROTF, IIRC) that didn't quite fit? Or did you mean all the different comic incarnations, in which case I should have been more clear about what I meant.

I find it kind of ironic that that you say we all shouldn't expect people to not challenge views, when you basically attacked people who had an opinion you didn't agree with. But you're completely right, we SHOULD challenge the things we don't agree with, we should discuss and dissect them into minutae without namecalling, and we should put the effort necessary to get our points across properly, which you seem to be doing in your other thread.

I, for example, don't buy the explanation of "Prime was doing what he had to, and was trying to end the war as quickly as possible", because in the films he doesn't really seem to show any remorse for the level of violence he uses. Due to the way the film is paced at the end, he doesn't even really show remorse for fallen comrades, other than a few words. To me, Prime's ability to kill a best friend and then move right into a stoic monologue indicates someone who has internalized and justified to himself these kinds of actions, even if they conflict with the morals he puts forward at times. Maybe the intentions of the writers and directors were different, but that's not what comes through to me.

The more I think about it, when Jazz calls humans "primitive and violent", and Optimus responds with "were we so different?", I can only ask "Were? Are you so different right now?"

2. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Well if we are going with bad plans what about Prime's big plan in the first movie?

Okay Sam we need this magical cube to live, but if the fight isn't going my way I want you to shove this cube into my chest killing me and destroying this thing both Autobots and Decepticons need.

Of course leaving out the bit about how if Sam kills Prime sure Megatron can't get the All Spark, but the remaining Autobots and humans are going to have to face Megatron without Prime's help.

3. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Where's Prowl when you need him? :D 

4. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Which a second fighter run would probably accomplish.

5. LacksAFace

LacksAFace Devastator's Balls

"So Demolishor, I have already taken half of your face and the other half is falling apart. You have just rampaged through Shanghai, killing hundreds, even thousands of innocent humans and now you're trash talking me. I could take your 75 foot tall arse back to Diego Garcia and let you live as long as you behave or I could end your misery now...Which option should I take, Demolishor?"

6. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

He didn't rampage, he was running away. It's not his fault if he's so big and humans and their vehicles are so small and weak.

7. LacksAFace

But it is his fault for being in Shanghai in the first place.
    NEST couldn't just ship off a massive half-dead Decepticon to be detained. In different circumstances, Prime may have shown mercy, but the yearn to take faces is greater and he felt he earned Demolishor's face.

8. Prime17

Prime17 Seeker

News Credits:
    That was Ironhide who said that, and you do have a point.

9. 13 Primes

13 Primes Well-Known Member

he was throwing cars off the bridge if he was running why did he bother doing that
    and Optimus Asked him to Pull over which he didn't so Optimus and Ironhide Stopped him

and then Demolishor continued to tell Prime that they would fail because the fallen was Coming
    Obviously he wasn't changing his Ways and Optimus
    wouldn't just Leave Him to Die so He Put him Out of his Misery
    Just My Opinion :thumbs2: 

10. Prime17

Prime17 Seeker

News Credits:
    I think one of the reasons why everyone is so mad at Optimus at the ending was because of we exposed to the novel ending first which led us to believe that would happen in the movie ending. That's just my thought.

11. LISpictures

LISpictures Well-Known Member

Yes its a war. Yes Optimus and the other autobots should kill but No they shouldn't freaking slaughter Their victims. "Give me your face! I rise you Fall" ....... Not very called for. Neither is ripping other Bots to shreds. Alot of people say that its a war. And in wars Kills must be made to win. Well In a real war you don't run across a field with swords and massive machine guns cutting and shooting people up with limbs and sh*t flying all over the place. Or taking a enemy's head off after they want a truce even if you know they might be bullsh*tting. The autobots in ROTF & DOTM are Cold blooded killers lol. The autobots going around the world killing decepticons is equal to genocide.

12. LacksAFace

If you haven't noticed, Decepticons don't die easily. It takes more than a single shot to the chest with a blaster to kill them.

Take Grindor for example. He is absolutely massive, he towers over Megatron. In the forest fight, Optimus slices off one of his arms and throws an energon blade into his leg. Despite that, Grindor is about to get straight back into the fight. It obviously wasn't easy for Prime to kill Grindor so he had to go straight for Grindor's potential weakness, his head.

The Fallen deserved to die brutally, after what he had done and what he was going to do, and the "Give me your face" quote is awesomely hilarious.

Demolishor got executed, simple as that.

Bonecrusher attacked Prime first was obviously horrible at hand to hand fighting, allowing Prime to get him in a headlock, slice off one his arms and then stab him through the neck.

Optimus wanted to kill Shockwave quickly as he was the last major Decepticon guarding the pillars. He'd already been weakened, and Prime took advantage of it by killing him quickly, tearing out his eye through his throat (remember, one of the NEST soldiers fired a grenade launcher straight into his throat before leaving it open for Prime to exploit).

Yes, maybe Prime murdered Megatron a little too brutally, but shit happens.

And Sentinel got executed...

13. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Why not?