Simple yes or no answer - are you going to see the movie.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Dark_Convoy, Sep 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silver Bullit

Silver Bullit Banned

I'm still looking forward to it. I'm sure it will still be enjoyable, crappy designs aside.

However, those of us where the looks of the robots are half of the Transformers appeal, then obviously there will be a major hurdle the film will hve to overcome.

SB

2. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

I did read it. I also recall that your change of heart ocurred when you found out some new things about the Wii that you weren't aware of before (like classic-style controls for games that would benefit from it). I suppose you already know everything there is to know about the movie?

3. Eric

Eric Dreadnought of Floof

News Credits:
    Look, I know I'm pissed about most stuff about the movie (exploding metal TFs, Michael Bay, MEGATRON, no Ark, Jazz being shorter than Bumblebee, the plot), but I say I'm not seeing the movie because if those are all set in stone, than the movie will bomb. Who knows? Maybe sooner or later the crew behind the movie may have some changes that some people like me would actually reconsider, and maybe...just MAYBE, I might see the movie. But for now, I'm still against it.

4. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

What exploding metal TFs? I take it you haven't read the script then.Here's some brief non-spoilerish description of this "supposed" exploding metal

That doesn't sound like exploding metal to me, sounds like a description of a typical robot Transformation.

5. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

Shaun, to think a written description of a complex FX shot is going to be verbatim in the movie is very naieve.

6. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Oh cool, you can see into the future now? Mind telling me next week's winning lottery numbers while you're at it?

In other words, add a lot more fanwank.

7. jamz

jamz Repaint! Repaint! Repaint TFW2005 Supporter

You betcha

Yes

I saw the origianl in a theater. I have children to take now, though probably just my oldest daughter will come to the theater with me.

I plan to eat lots of popcorn, candy and soda, then barf when I first see megatron.

8. Silver Bullit

Silver Bullit Banned

Not to argue for the sake of arguing... but I can see where someone can think it's an "exploding" TF. Personally, I would use the word "shatter".

Especially with sections of a car "peeling" back. PEEL? I thought there would be no form shifting in this movie. I can't think of anything in established canon where the skin of any vehicle peels.

Parts rising, stacking? Sounds like a case where the muffler magically navigates into place to form an arm. Instead of, well, transforming- or even morphing- it sounds like it dis-assembles it's vehicle mode and re-assembles itself as a robot.

I dunno- sounds like "shattering" or "exploding" to me.

Now, cool as it may sound and may ultimately look, it doesn't sound very realistic. I'll have to revert to established concepts of parts folding out from each other, turning, rotating, etc. as sounding more realistic.

SB

9. Silver Bullit

Silver Bullit Banned

Fanwank? You mean, legacy concepts?

Nuttin wrong with that. It worked for Hellboy and Batman begins.

SB

10. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    Makes me giggle that we're debating the "realism" of of the ways that cars transform into robots. :lolol 

11. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I thought "simple yes or no answer" != multi-post, lengthy discussion...

12. Lion

Lion Will bite you!

Ebay:
    Yes

13. Eric

News Credits:
    Not funny. I didn't mean that I could see that what we saw was PERMANENTLY set in stone. I said it before, I only don't like the movie because of what we're seeing so far. My fear is that the designs for Megatron (Sorry, Power Rangers Knockoff villain), and everything else (No ark, exploding metal) may be final for the movie.

14. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

I think he's refering to your assertion that the movie will bomb. Even if everything we've seen is final, you have no way of knowing how the movie will fare.

15. Silver Bullit

Silver Bullit Banned

Believe it or not, I'm right there with you. As a matter of fact, I made similar comments in the art forums regarding faces.

SB

16. Eric

News Credits:
    That may be. But at this point, I just don't care, I'm just theorizing it.

17. Silver Bullit

Silver Bullit Banned

Personally, I think the movie will still be good even with my reservations, but I'm not hitting the spoilers either.... but his seeing the stuff he's seen, could they not be indicators regarding the final product?

I mean, he's read the script: if it's not good in written form, how will it improve in projected form? Same as teh designs: how much improvement in his eyes can he expect to see from movement on a screen VS. a still image on the monitor?

SB

18. OmegaVPrimus

OmegaVPrimus Well-Known Member

To bad nothing in the script for feburary is worth it, they announced, their will be nothing in the old script that is in the new one. Besides i dont care if megatron has to power up by plugging his Dick into a light socket. I will still go to see the movie.

19. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have asked. I have edited, now I lock.

All these things can be discussed in other threads.

[​IMG]

Now Streck will be mad at the rusty Yale… That sounds dirty, “the rusty Yale”.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.