Simple yes or no answer - are you going to see the movie.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Dark_Convoy, Sep 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

I'm not saying this will definitely be the case with the movie, but you'll miss out on a lot of great things that way. I'm so glad I broke my promise never to buy any Beast Wars toys or watch the show, even though I think the show is ugly as sin. Now I need to convince my brother to watch it. He's still not sold on BW. :( 

2. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know what you mean. But I've reached a point that I've rather spend the money on some other stuff that I like (I don't like the movie designs).

Besides plot-wise, I don't think the movie will be big in character building etc. I'm sure alot of us will be thrilled by the CGI etc but it will most likely be a "gimmick" movie.

I'm simply avoiding the movie (and whatever stuff that related to it) so I can buy stuff that I prefer. Example, Gundam, Yamato Valks, Soul of Chogokin etc.

Anyway, I think the Star Wars episode 1 comparison is a poor example because fans at that time had no idea how "slow" the movie would be. At least with the upcoming "live" TF movie, fans can make an informed decision (after seeing spoiler pictures etc) as whether to watch the movie.

3. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Sure, but on the other hand, I knew what the Beast Wars toys and characters looked like and what the entire plot was long before I stopped hating the idea. Even the story to BW really isn't as epoch-making or as rich in character as people make it out to be. It wasn't until I physically handled the toys and actually watched the show that my opinion was reversed. I still don't like the grimacing toy faces. I still think the show has ugly graphics and a plot full of huge problems. There's just some unexplainable spark behind the execution of both the toys and the show that changed my mind when I had every reason to believe both were garbage. You'll do what you think is best, of course. I'm just offering my perspective from past experiences.

4. Harbinger

Harbinger ecnayonnA

yes

5. Lazeric

Lazeric Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Yes.

They've got my $10 based on the name alone. It's $10/2 hours, I can spare it, and plan to be there opening day. Now all they need to worry about is getting me to spend more money on repeat visits, the dvd, soundtrack, etc. and all of that is going to be based on what I think of the final, final product.
    There is no way I would let other people's opinions, leaked designs, or even the trailers sway me one way or the other, this is one I have to check out for myself!

- L -

6. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    I have to agree, 100%. It was the same way with me, with beast wars.

I had the opposite reaction with RID though. I saw pics of the toys(car robots), loved them. I heard about the plot, thought it was going to be great. Then I got the toys, and watched the show, and didn't like any of it at all.

7. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    I know what you mean because that was exactly how I got hooked onto BW. However, BW had 3 things that appealed to me:

i) I like animals so their animal modes were acceptable to me
    ii) Robot modes still had "traditional" the blocky, chunk look. Eg. Primal, Megatron
    iii) The story writing.

8. Zakna

Zakna Flames Fan! :)

yes

9. JazzLuca

JazzLuca Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes! I'm in countdown to see it! *___*

10. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

I'll see it, but I'm friggin' 30 and not enough of a ZOMGfanboy to go see anything at midnight or first thing opening day anymore. RotS was the last of all that nonsense. No offense, but I really don't want to see it with a high concentration of TF fanboys. Plus, you couldn't drag my ass to a theater on July 4 even if it was to see a Scarlett Johansson nude scene.

I'll check out the matinee/earliest showing on one of my days off in the ensuing couple of weeks. 12:00 showings on weekdays tend to be blissfully sparsely attended after opening weekend.

11. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I just want to point something out - when some folks are saying "No," they might mean "No, I am not going to the theaters to see the movie." Movie tickets are, as we know, expensive and not everyone may be as voracious about gobbling down Transformers media as fast and immediately as they can. As I stated before, I'm not interested in financially supporting the movie. I'm interested in seeing it, but I won't pay for a movie ticket to watch the film.

EDIT: To clarify, I feel like paying money for a movie ticket to this film validates the vision of those involved in the movie (the designs, the script, the changes which I dislike, etc.) I don't agree with their vision and the direction they took the film. Therefore, I don't want them to receive any portion of my money, even if it's percentages of a cent.

I don't know if other folks are of this same opinion, but I thought I'd offer this up as food for thought for everyone who keeps saying, "If you said 'no,' you're a ******/douchebag/insert insult here."

12. Optimus Kharnal

Optimus Kharnal Well-Known Member

Yes of course

13. Sokar

Sokar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes. I can't say decide if I like the movie until I see it. Plus, to see giant transforming robots on the big screen (hopefully on the imax) is worth the admision.

Besides, if I wasted admission for episode I and II, how could I justify not spending the money on this movie

14. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

Yep, and I will drag my wife to see it too. :) 

15. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

You could always pay for Wilson Brother Vehicle 23, and then go into the TF theater. Bay is good at "blowing shit up real good." To me, it's at least worth checking out on a very large, very loud screen. If it is blegh, it's going to be moreso on my 27" TV where shit only blows up real small.

16. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I wish, that would rock, seeing it on a screen that big, and in 3D!

17. Incepticon

Incepticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If the designs that we've seen so far stay the same or manage to still get worse, then no way.

If they decide to modify the designs and actually make them look like Transformers, then yes of course.

Based on everything I've seen, heard & read thus far about the movie, I definitely have a mindset to boycott (or Baycott) it, but I realize they still have 10 months to get their act together, so I'm not making any final decision yet.

The real tough call will be if they keep all the designs as they are but eventually announce that Welker will be voicing Megatron. That'll be a coin tosser decision.

18. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Like the rest of Michael Bay's flims its going to be big on explosions and action but it still aren't TFs. My stand is the same as Ops_is_truck's.

I'm not watching the show because it isn't G1 but because of the designs - they don't have the traditional robot feel like Beast Wars,RID, Armada, Energon and Cyberton. The movie designs are so bionicle-like - wirery and spider-like.

Another reason is I believe Bay said something along the lines that the designers and those involved in the movie are fans of G1. This would imply G1 designs if not why mention the previous statement?

Many of us were "mislead" that the "movie starscream" would be at least similar in design to Master Piece Starscream. Of course, some changes would be made but the core design would be there. E.g. movie Megatron would be a tank but instead he got a Dinozone design.

Sure, the movies is definately going to make money but its more on movie goer's "curiosity" and the TF brand name.

19. Rattrap587

Rattrap587 Maximal Ground Operations

Ebay:
    Yes.

20. WWMEGATRON

WWMEGATRON Well-Known Member

Yup !!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.