*Sigh* Lorenzo.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Jalen Frisby, Mar 17, 2019.

1. transf0

transf0 “Well Connected” The GOAT

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    No signs Lorenzo will leave willingly anytime soon, nor is there an insurrection against him at Hasbro/Paramount.

2. Galvatross

Galvatross Dreklord of Ogremarr Veteran

The thing is, I never said my goal was for everyone or anyone to agree, but I do hope for different fans to see the merits of other opinions.

There's no irony or hypocrisy on my part here, so I'm not sure why you are posting like you need to turn this into a personal thing? On the contrary, I can appreciate different opinions that are respectful and well reasoned.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Sablebot

Sablebot #iposttomakeyouthinknotdebate

It's all around us, Neo. . .When you go to church; when you pay your taxes; when you go to school; whenever Lorenzo opens his mouth. . .it's The BAYtrix, LMFAO!!!!:D :D :ev: :ev: :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol 

• Like Like x 2
  4. Miyaren

Miyaren Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That’s true that’s why tf07, bumblebee and cyberverse all has bumblebee as the entry point audience surrogate character

As for Lorenzo I agree. We need someone with info and if a backseat producer like Ian Bryce or Speolberg started saying the same thing the fandom will turn on them instead

• Like Like x 1
  5. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    Yeah, I don't get all the rage. It's interesting to see how groups of people can be so infatuated with fiction to the point it affects them emotionally. But personally, I might just be disappointed and move on. It doesn't bother me that a spokesman is unable to keep things straight. I'll just see what comes out and watch if I'm interested...

• Like Like x 3
  6. TommyHawk

TommyHawk Active Member

My guess is he's clinging to what Bay and him have accomplished (or lack thereof depending on point of view) with Bayformers. Its his biggest success and franchise without a doubt in his resume if he has one. If he's marketing himself to another studio, the Bayformers films would be his main selling point.

7. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For me Transformers was about the characters and their stories, and I've been a fan of those since I was a child. I tend to to find it frustrating that the writers for the comics and the TV series could and did write good stories, and yet somehow, the guys in charge of the multi-million dollar Transformers movies apparently couldn't and didn't even actually care about that. And on top of that they tried to to convince the audience that they shouldn't care, either.

It's kind of maddening for fans who are well aware that good Transformers movies are possible, but unfortunately the movies happen to be in the hands of people who don't seem to know or care what a good Transformers movie is.

People who have have an attachment to a franchise generally want the best they can get from it. Maybe it's a hobby, or an obsession, even an addiction. But in the end it comes down to this. There are people out there who want good Transformers movies. And they're sick of getting a decade-plus of the same old same old.

I normally prefer to be easygoing, but I'll continue to express my disappointment with certain of Paramount's decisions and intentions in the hopes (however remote) of getting better movies. By the same token, I'll continue to praise Bumblebee.

You have a point. And something like the Last Knight wouldn't look too good as the final entry on that resume.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Decepticon Miner

Decepticon Miner Banned

News Credits:
    I think he meant the general public.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Galvatross

Galvatross Dreklord of Ogremarr Veteran

The thing is, there's no accurate way to determine what the public thinks about the films at large. And general audience members, in addition to having different opinions from most fans, also have varied opinions themselves. And the hyperbolic reactions to the Bay movies online are closer to being the super fans than being my friends and family members and co-workers.

I will say I don't think the first four films would have been successful as they were had they been universally hated by general audience members. Furthermore, what one fan or general audience member despises, another may adore. One fan's "Ruined FOREVER" is another fan's Generation 1.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Shockwavers

Shockwavers Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

11. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I think a lot of people feel frustration that we seem to be living in a gold age where all sorts of things that were comic books and cartoons have become live action films that seem to both celebrate the fans that have been around forever and welcoming in brand new people who are just discovering all these cool fictional worlds for the very first time. Now everyone seems to want the comic book or cartoon they loved as a child to be turned into the live action movie of their dreams.

When you have someone connected to the movies that seem to be actively blocking whatever you are dreaming of it gives fans a target to be angry at. The fans of DC's fun side had someone to rail against when it seemed like all Warner Brothers would ever do is endless grim, dark, gritty films with no joy. Transformers has had more than it's share of people fans could vent their anger on but most of those people have moved on to other things. Bay has other things he wants to do. Spielberg is too busy being an out touch angry old man over how movies are being distributed instead of any focus on what is or isn't happening in Transformers. Too much movies that don't play the old rules shouldn't be given a shot at the Oscars.

Plus you know nerds. We always want our franchise to have the coolest heroes, the coolest villains, and all the other bragging rights that go into the argument of what I'm into is better than what you are into.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    People liked the explosions. Then they started to get boring.

The Bayverse films certainly weren't the live action Transformers movies of my dreams. But my main issue with them was that they were made by people who weren't really interested in making well-written and -directed Transformers movies. And it showed.

• Like Like x 1