Siege Ultra Magnus KO (Slight modifications)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Operative294, Sep 2, 2020.

1. ryankun0903

ryankun0903 Active Member

News Credits:
    Having this figure in-hand, I can't believe how solid and awesome this figure is. It also has a good heft due to diecast parts 20200930_211803.jpg 20200930_211340.jpg 20200930_210546.jpg

• Like Like x 12
  2. Metalwario64

Metalwario64 City Commander

Even with the slight issue with the legs in the trailer mode, I'm so glad I got this over getting the PC-17 KO for CW Magnus because this is so much better looking.

Mine has a loose right shoulder and right elbow, and after I tighten those (it should be too hard) with Future, it should be near perfect. I also need to file down the left arm's armor peg because it's insanely tight in the inner robot's arm.

All of those should make mine a fantastic Magnus figure.

• Like Like x 1
  3. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    Mine also has a loose right shoulder and insanely tight left forearm armor peg.

I used nail polish on the shoulder----better, but still not "stiff".

• Like Like x 2
  4. Basilisk

Basilisk It will give you infinite pleasure!

Mine arrived after 2 weeks and I'm so happy with him, his scale with my Siege Optimus and TR Sixshot is practically perfect!!

I also wanted to add a photo of something I was curious about and am sure others are. He can carry up to 2 Deluxes on the top, but because of how the lower part of the trailer is designed he can't store any inside his trailer.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 4, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
  5. Beefkr10z

Beefkr10z Well-Known Member

IMG_20201007_123906.jpg IMG_20201007_123832.jpg IMG_20201007_123658.jpg I seem to be having really bad luck with my figures at the moment. My Aoyi mech Hun-grr had a broken combiner head, and now my BPF Magnus arrived today with the arm sheared off in the package. Dammit, he looks so good otherwise :( 

• Like Like x 1
  6. TheAce326

TheAce326 Well-Known Member

Any rumblings about a Delta Magnus recolor?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Duskscream

Duskscream Well-Known Member

It's so cheap... but I guess I should just wait for the Kingdom and then wait for the KO of the Kingdom

• Like Like x 1
  8. itMFtis

itMFtis Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nope. BPF have not released a single repaint to date. One and done.

9. TheAce326

TheAce326 Well-Known Member

That is a bummer- this would be a great repaint thanks to that added height.

• Like Like x 1
  10. REMINATOR

REMINATOR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ouch, ask for exchange. Good luck man.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Beefkr10z

Beefkr10z Well-Known Member

I've asked for a full refund or just a replacement arm. Just waiting for the seller to get back to me.

12. Verthawk

Verthawk Duly-Appointed Enforcer of Universal Equity

my right shoulder had the same problem. Sheered right off tonight. Really disappointed.

13. REMINATOR

REMINATOR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Now you're the 2nd person. Damn, BPF UM is such lovely/good looking figure, so to see this problem reoccurring does have me concern. I actually love this mold a lot. I'm reviewing @Beefkr10z pic again of that broken arm. I anticipate the breakage occur some where near the middle of the peg/connector but not at the edge like that. Man, the way that thing just snap off...it's like they just glued the shoulder into the socket.

14. Verthawk

Verthawk Duly-Appointed Enforcer of Universal Equity

I glued the arm back on. It works. I don’t plan on transforming him much as I have the Hasbro release for that. I still like the figure very much

15. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

This figure is great, no regrets for buying it.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm real late to the game here but I just got him finally. Basically he is everything I wanted the original to be. A bit bigger, fixed proportions with the legs, the hip joints are tighter, and the feet are able to sit flat in a straight leg pose. I'm happy they have the gaps filled too but that honestly never bothered me much. The metal parts are a nice touch too. Anyways, I do love the original figure and happy I got him, but I'm also happy I could get this guy. Both the shoulders on mine are on the looser side- not so much he can't hold his gun out, but not tight and don't feel like anything will break.

• Like Like x 2
  17. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette Waiting for Legacy Armada Hot Shot to become real

News Credits:
    Just got this OSKO Siege Ultra Magnus from BPF in the mail..... he's a pretty hefty and big toy for the intended price, that's for sure.

[​IMG]

This OSKO Siege Ultra Magnus isn't much of an "OSKO" in the usual way, but rather more of a slight upsizing and heavy retool to make the entire figure taller than the original Siege Ultra Magnus with some slight improvements; making the height of this figure closer and more in-scale to the Leader class figures from the Prime Wars toyline like TR Overlord, Sixshot, CW Ultra Magnus, etc. I do hear about a few QC issue reports of the shoulder breaks off OOB on some copies, but luckily mine arrives in one piece.

Aside from some slight size changes, there are a few cosmetic upgrades and changes that improve on the original, including built-in gap fillers on the shoulder armour pylons, weapons & upper legs, The use of screws instead of flathead pins at the shoulders joints (Allowing for easier disassembly in case if the shoulder joints are too loose or tight), die-cast feet and chest armour.

While not really a change per se, I do appreciate that the weapon parts on the figure remain the standard 5mm sizing (Unlike most OSKO where the weapon parts are also upsized making it impossible for the toy to use any other weapons besides its own included weapon without mods), making it easier for the figure to use pre-existing 5mm weapons & accessories just straight OOB.

Some size comparisons with official HasTak figures:

BPF KO Siege Ultra Magnus (Left) vs original Siege Ultra Magnus (Right):

[​IMG]

BPF KO Siege Ultra Magnus (Left) vs Earthrise Optimus Prime (Right):

[​IMG]

The shoulder missile launchers and black "leg guns" of both the BPF KO (Left) vs the Original Siege figure (Right); Notice the built-in gap fillers on the BPF KO's weapons when compared to the hollowed sides of the original:

[​IMG]

The main rifle of both the BPF KO (Up) vs the Original Siege figure (Down):

[​IMG]

The original rifle was molded with red plastic later all painted with silver except for the handle.

While BPF KO's rifle was molded in black plastic later painted with silver, with the 5mm handle been painted in red for some reason; Which I don't like and a pointless decision, as it's just asking for paint scuffs and chipping off eventually. In fact, that's exactly what happened with mine only after some play.

• Like Like x 7
  18. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

pic request:

can anyone provide a picture of this figure next to MMC Hot Rod/calidus?

19. bacems

bacems Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    YouTube:
    Damn, i really want to get this figure, but the broken shoulder case is off putting. How common is that?

20. williammmw

williammmw MuderPrimus

News Credits:
    No issue on mine. BPF quality is quite good most of the time
    IMG_20201214_165638.jpg IMG_20201214_165704.jpg IMG_20201214_171845.jpg IMG_20201214_174607.jpg

• Like Like x 4