Siege Ultra Magnus KO (Slight modifications)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Operative294, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Grouch

Grouch Stranger in a Strange Land

There’s always room for more Ultra Magni!
    Mine showed up today!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Metalwario64

Metalwario64 City Commander

I bought this because it has enhancements that I don't think the Earth one will have, but if the Kingdom one is good enough, I'll get it as well.

• Like Like x 3
  3. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm sure I will double dip no problem and get the Earth mode one. Buying the ko didn't hurt Hasbro from me because I had no interest in the seige mold until the ko came out. But I buy most Magnus figures, minus MP anyways.

• Like Like x 1
  4. REMINATOR

REMINATOR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, the silver on the stack, stripe, and especially the shin vent all look great! That silver paint is very tempting. I have never customized anything. What kind of paint did you use?
    Yeah, I don't expect much enhancement out of the WFC Kingdom UMagnus...probably still hollow/gap space. Seeing how BPF did an amazing job with their Siege UM, I have no problem double dipping Kindgom UM and purchase one from BPF and Hasbro.

Anyhow, I'm just curious with the Siege/BPF UMagnus mold. Beside for mounting weapon, is there any other reason why the top of the white UMagnus robot cab shoulder has a hole/port? At first I thought maybe the front of trailer (or the armor shoulder stack) will plug into the shoulder port but that's not the case. The front of the trailer is actually tab onto the runner where the bumper slide up and down.
    upload_2020-9-21_21-25-34.png

• Like Like x 1
  5. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    I use Tamiya TS-30 spray for almost all TF's. It's the best silver out there----forgiving of mistakes, and a perfect match for most factory paint. (very smooth, no glitter effect)

::edit:: Just got it back together. Annoyingly, slightly scuffed the stripe on one side trying to get the main pin back in. It would NOT go in, I ended up removing it again and filing down much of the knurling.

7DFE25B1-2A8C-4C88-94BD-A647218E6CC0.jpeg

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
  6. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

Okay--Odd request. Anyone that has this and MP-10V, could you post an image with 10v and the core white Prime by itself? Just the bot modes--curious how they measure up.

Silver Leaf! It truly is the best stuff. I found it matching up the silver on ROTF figures when they first came out. I even stripped the flame pattern off Sidearm Sideswipe and repainting to match (the figure's original paint texture was slightly rough this time, but color still matched).

7. fpjones3

fpjones3 Well-Known Schmuck

Isn't the paint is too thick? It's especially glaring on the chest part and drowns the details.

Can this be thinned down? Short of stripping and repainting that is.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
  8. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Those are there to attach Weaponizer and other similar armour and weapon upgrade parts too. Which should still work on the overscale as it still as more or less 5mm compatability on the toy.

• Like Like x 1
  9. David Hingtgen

News Credits:
    Actually it's too thin, many spots are only "tinted" blue and you can almost see the bare metal.

Or really----it's more like it's semi-TRANSPARENT paint, applied thickly, so that it's still not opaque in many areas.

The chest is overall lighter than the rest, even though the paint itself matches well----it's just not opaque enough in most spots to really cover.

10. fpjones3

fpjones3 Well-Known Schmuck

Thanks David. I guess the photos are not doing it justice. Gonna wait until I get mine then.

• Like Like x 1
  11. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

Got mine today, size is perfect! Figure looks great and feels great in hand. Glad I bought it, no regrets!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Freedom315

Freedom315 Active Member

120106099_821014838435796_6114478952432997666_n.jpg Alongside BPF Siege OP :) 

• Like Like x 5
  13. Basilisk

Basilisk It will give you infinite pleasure!

as far as a Earth mode Ultra Magnus goes I'd only get that if they make a powered convoy deco. I presume they'll build that around the Earthrise Optimus figure anyhow.

Now if that gets oversized too....

• Like Like x 4
  14. Metalwario64

I just got mine in, and I'm really confused. I know the legs were extended and the tabs for the legs to go into the cab connector were raised, but that just makes the feet hit the shoulder pieces on the connector, meaning I can't get it to all fit together without separating the legs.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a critical flaw in this figure? I know VelsR mentioned this issue, but then other people seemed to be able to fit it all together?

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
  15. David Hingtgen

News Credits:
    Yeah, the legs simply can't stay together in truck mode. But it doesn't seem to matter? It stays together pretty well.

It does seem to be something they overlooked. Even if you take just the cab, and try to attach just the shoulder armor----impossible without splitting the legs. The trailer isn't causing it.

• Like Like x 1
  16. REMINATOR

REMINATOR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I find it best to first split the leg then tab onto the shoulder armor connector. Rather than trying to push the shoulder connector into the closed up leg. i don't recall having the leg open being a problem in both the Siege or BPF.

Edited:
    The only issue that I noticed from my BPF 1st transformation is that both arms don't seem to slide in that thigh channel smoothly. One would get in but then it would push the other side out or vice versa. I don't recall the Siege version has the channel....I must miss it.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Metalwario64

Yeah, it's not too bad I suppose, since you can't even really see them due to the sides of the trailer.

Really, they could have offset this with some sort of slider joint in the legs somewhere instead of shifting the hitch connectors in an attempt to make up for the extended thighs.

I guess ideally it would have also been a KO of the DNA Design legs, but at least this looks better, so I guess it's a tradeoff.

18. VelsR

VelsR Ancient of War

News Credits:
    It works like 60% of the time for me.

19. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Is this guy still available to order anywhere?

20. bakerjin

bakerjin Well-Known Member

SirToys has it in stock: Siege Ultra Magnus BPF - TF - SirToys.com
    Keep in mind his shipping costs can be a bit high, but it doesn't go up much with each additional unit. Meaning it's better to order large orders (or place orders on hold) and ship all at once. He offers very reliable and safe shipping as well.