Siege Ultra Magnus KO (Slight modifications)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Operative294, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow...those side by side pics make this guy look soooo much better!

The Siege one looks bloated, but this guy looks much less so. Weird what a little extra height can do for a figure.

• Like Like x 1
  2. NemesisJazz

NemesisJazz Well-Known Member

Instagram:
  3. itMFtis

itMFtis Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's "Cybertronian". Can't apply Earth standards ;) 

• Like Like x 2
  4. Metalwario64

Metalwario64 City Commander

It really improves the silhouette. He looks much more heroic and no longer stocky. CW was a bit too "muscular" looking too with his extra large, wide shoulders. This KO is perfect looking!

It also solves my problem with all of the thigh extenders, which is that they stretch his thighs to the point of looking ridiculously long in an attempt to make up more for the lack in height. I feel like the leg proportions here really nail that sweet spot.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  5. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

Wow, this guy took 4 day from order to make it to the US using speedpak! Of course now we have the long wait for them to process it on our end..... should have this guy in about 2-3 weeks lol.
    Anyways really stoked for this guy. This pretty much fixes every issue I had with the original- no crappy battle damage, size, price and even fills in some gaps and improves the overall appearance by making the core bigger. I see this as a win win. Yep, I would even buy the Galaxy Prime upgrade version if they made it with these types of improvements.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Basilisk

Basilisk It will give you infinite pleasure!

where are you guys ordering him from?

7. autobot prowl

Mine was from ebay. Sirtoys.com has it too but the shipping is a bit rough.

• Like Like x 1
  8. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    I think you got it from the same seller/batch as mine----mine just arrived in-country too, just a few days after ordering. Must have been "last box to get on the plane!"

9. primetime77

primetime77 Well-Known Member

dammit guys this thing's lack of battle damage does make it better oeverall than my ratchet stupdio upgraded siege magnus. where is everyone getting it from, just sirtoys and ebay or other places carrying?

also i notice this isn't exactly 1 to 1 with longer legs...and he still has gaps to fill. any chance his gaps are 1 to 1 or i need to wit for somebody to make gap fillers for the slight OS KO? hmm....
    lastly straight ankles...does tjhat mean he got an ankle tilt?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  10. autobot prowl

Look a few posts above...

11. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There is a screw hole on the back of the blue bumper part so someone could design a rocket box like gap filler to fill that in and 3D print it in the size for the OSKO or the original.

I have suggested that around - but as I hardly ever have him in truck mode I tend to forget to follow up on it. But speaking of 3D printed pieces, the new modified Upgrade kit for the legit one has some really nice gun modifiers too - which would be nice on the bigger one too.

But as I mentioned before - not had a lot of joy getting someone to upscale the New Age Megatron chest modifier kit to make it Jinbao Megatron size. So it's not super easy to find someone willing to do that even if they have the files for the New Age print.

But I can but hope if enough people ask someone might do it. Just as I Hope for accessories for other overscales (a 3D printed roof for OSKO Siege Hound would also please me no end too)

• Like Like x 1
  12. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    I'm wondering if any of the Toyhax stickers for the regular release would fit this----it's not a "normal" OS KO, it's more like it was "stretched", and some parts/areas may still be like the original?

13. autobot prowl

I would think they wouldn't be too off. I might have to check those out myself.

14. Metalwario64

Eh, to me it looks like it's a mix of being slightly scaled up overall and having longer thighs. At least to my eyes. I don't have one in person to make that call.

15. robotmel

robotmel *All must transform*

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :cool: 
    Mine arrived yesterday from Ebay seller Bid_Bid_Good and Speedpak postage - one week to the UK is the fastest delivered I've ever had from China! :) 
    Breezed through customs as the seller marked the well packaged foam box as 'Building bricks' to a value of $0.78! ;) 

Magnus is quite weighty with all that diecast - joints are all good, the only clickety ratchet I hear is from the hips when moving forward or backwards, the rest are smooth. His diecast feet have ankle rockers which give you a nice wide A stance when posing. Applied paint apps are all perfect.

In regards to height he's about half a head shorter than CW Magnus with his feet set at their lowest - see pic. I can snap a few more (in focus :p ) pics if requested for size comparisons etc? ;) 
    20200915_165108.jpg
    20200915_165108.jpg 20200916_095009.jpg 20200916_095139.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  16. autobot prowl

Size sounds perfect then! Not too happy about the die cast but already expected it. Hope this guy arrives soon!

• Like Like x 2
  17. VelsR

VelsR Ancient of War

News Credits:
    Mine just cleared custom here in my country, together with the KO OS Abominus. Hopefully by the end of the week...

18. Metalwario64

I was considering the PC-17 KO for my CW Magnus because I prefer the alt mode on there, but this thing is so much nicer looking in Magnus mode that I just decided to get it.

I was going to order from SirToys with some other items to reduce the impact of the shipping, but other things have come up, so I just decided to get it from Bid_Bid_Good and I'll get my other KOs later on.

I'm sure the Earth version in Kingdom will be fine, but I doubt his thighs will be any longer, and apparently the arms still protrude from the back. I can accept that for this Cybertronian mode, but having the traditional Optimus cab and having the arms on the back sounds terrible to me.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Verthawk

Verthawk Duly-Appointed Enforcer of the Emperor of Mankind

Got mine. I like it

• Like Like x 1
  20. REMINATOR

REMINATOR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Say what? He got diecast metal too? First the no battle damage, leg extended, gap filler, and now diecast, this is starting to feel like a premium figure. Man, BPF UM just made the official Siege looks like a real KO, lol.

Mine should be arriving to NY by Friday. Very surprise how fast Speedpak service can be. Purchased at Ebay on Sept.10th from China, and here 6 days later is at NJ.

• Like Like x 3