Siege Ultra Magnus Help Please!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by AllTalkNoShock, May 5, 2021.

1. AllTalkNoShock

AllTalkNoShock New Member

So, i have a big problem that i have no idea the solution to and it breeds the most unbearable frustration. My siege ultra magnus has a connection problem between the trailer and the main truck. Theres a clip that im pretty sure tabs into the back of the truck, but no matter what i do it will never line up correctly and fails to give it a clean and parallel look. Any and all help will be appreciated greatly, im just sick of this problem driving me completely nuts and seeing nothing nowhere about this issue of mine. Thank you guys and gals and all inbetween greatly.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. kraven

kraven Decepticon

I’m not really sure. Have you watched any reviews for the figure? That usually helps me if I’m having a wtf moment.

3. Yuuki

Yuuki Why do I even bother

The cab doesn't seem pushed forward enough allowing the clip to meet the bar. Do you see the two tabs on the underside of the arms? Those are supposed to lock into the gap in the waist piece as a sort of guide, like this.[​IMG]
    Hope this helps!

• Like Like x 6
  4. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

News Credits:
    Yep, you need to push the top of the cab forwards. Its requires a bit of force to get it to budge.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Yuuki

Yeah it's pretty easy to miss as a result and just a little bit scary when you first do it, but don't worry OP you won't break it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. AllTalkNoShock

AllTalkNoShock New Member

Thank you so much, i didnt realize that the cab clicked into place when pushing it forward, and now its a clean and uniform look (despite the kibble)

• Like Like x 8
  7. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    when you stayed up partying instead of studying the night before final exam, but somehow just barely manage to squeeze by with a passing grade.
    (I seriously can't believe in this day and age and in a collector-focused line that this was approved)

• Like Like x 2
  8. Smokescreen38

Smokescreen38 Fight fire with smoke!

News Credits:
    ..and more or less left alone for the retool.

9. artiepants

News Credits:
    RIGHT?!?!?!?!?!?

• Like Like x 2
  10. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    At least the trailer for the Siege version comes far enough forward when connected that the fists aren't noticeable. The Kingdom retool, however... oi.

• Like Like x 3
  11. KFGatri

KFGatri Madman with a Blue Box

Ebay:
    I can. Unfinished altmodes happen way too often, especially these days.

• Like Like x 1
  12. artiepants

News Credits:
    Oh, I know, I made the thread :D  but there’s unfinished, and then there’s whatever’s going on (or not going on) there...

I mean, it’s not like Hasbro has ever figured out how to make Optimus Primes arms disappear into the lower gappy cab portion of the truck ever since 1984 before, right?

but the hands. I mean, this is ostensibly a $50 figure. C’mon.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Smokescreen38

Smokescreen38 Fight fire with smoke!

News Credits:
    My guess is that they saw the two very complete (and pretty nice, IMO) robot modes as bringing enough value that they didn’t have to try so hard.

That said, they ought to be ashamed of themselves. There are some very shoddy details of the alt mode that are impossible to ignore...never mind that a car carrier that can’t carry cars is the definition of crap. (No, I’m not counting the one you can plop on top since there are technically no accommodations made for a car mode.)

I don’t hate the figure (either version) but it would be sooooo much better with a proper truck mode.

• Like Like x 2
  14. StarMaverick

StarMaverick Nemesis Command Upgrader

News Credits:
    Facts! You would think that a Car Carrier would be the shinning star in a toy line centered around cars! Such a missed opportunity! Ultra Magnus should of easily been Commander Class!

• Like Like x 2
  15. bagofshhh

bagofshhh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I could be wrong, I can't make out all of the details in your picture, but you may have the shoulder pylons attached upside down. There is a long tab on the blue part of the shoulder pieces that go into a slot on the inside of the unfolded leg pieces. Basically, attach the shoulder pieces to the back of the feet with the open (back) side up.

16. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Least it's easy to hide on the Kingdom retool by using the forearm armor. Not helpful for solo cab without the trailer, but it's an option
    20210414_225421.jpg 20210414_225415.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  17. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    True enough. I hardly ever transform my figures anyway honestly so it's really not a big deal for me since he's always going to be robot mode. A robot mode I might add that I think looks pretty fantastic. I just sometimes wonder what Hasbro is thinking when they basically half finish an alt-mode this way. I'd say it might be simply the design limitations of doing an armored Ultra Magnus figure rather than an all-in-one Magnus, but the cab doesn't really have to be designed to break apart the way the trailer does so I don't get the reasoning behind the choice. Still, great looking robot mode on this guy.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Yuuki

I wish I could say I liked the Kingdom vehicle mode at all but even that cheat doesn't fix how less securely the trailer connects. Say what you will about the arms on Siege (which you won't see with the rest attached), the trailer is much more secure overall. Every piece of armour lines up well to support each piece and the connection to the cab is really satisfyingly solid, capped off with that wonderful clip to the roof piece. Kingdom's I just find baffling honestly, especially how they redesigned the shoulder armour to get rid of the points that lock into the rest of the trailer.

And is it just me, or is the new placement for the foot clip on the trailer pannels a much thinner plastic? Stress marks were already showing after I dettached them for the first time, I've never had that problem with the Siege version.

There are so many odd decisions here, it's really made me appreciate the Siege mold more and how well executed that was. The cab was the biggest draw for me for Kingdom, helped by the fact my Siege Magnus had some QC issues that aren't on the Kingdom mold, so honestly I might just switch this one out for the Kingdom cab and keep the trailer.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Honestly, the connection on mine is pretty secure, doesn't feel any less secure than the Siege version despite not locking in quite as much

20. Mardroid

Mardroid Well-Known Member

Yes. I call it a Cybertronian battlewagon. :p 

I actually bought the CW version to be my earth-mode version after I bought the Siege, and when I saw the preliminary pictures of Kingdom.

• Like Like x 1