Minor/Repaint: Siege Touch-Ups (pic heavy)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Darth Convoy, May 13, 2020.

?

chrome?

1. chrome good

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. chrome sometimes good

8 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. chrome bad

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Darth Convoy

Darth Convoy Well-Known Fan of Needlenose & Skullgrin

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Throughout the past year or so I've picked up most of the Siege line, and, I gotta say, I'm impressed. I especially love the Generations Selects Combat Megatron. I've done quite a bit of minor modifications to my figures, and decided to share some. I'll make a seperate post someday with some of the mods to my Siege deluxes. I left most out (barring Flywheels) since they mostly amount to chromed out faces and some extra linework here and there.

First off, Flywheels.
    [​IMG]
    Mostly chrome bits here and there, with a smidge of gold paint in a few places. Oh, and Reprolabels too, of course.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next up, Megatron.
    I really loved this figure when I picked him up in December a couple years ago. (I can't believe Siege is already over, it felt like so much less) Unfortunately mine developed a number of joint issues over time, and his legs & neck plate became super loose. I fixed it up for the most part with some superglue and pledge, but I think I made one of his thighs a little too tight. I'm worried I might snap the mushroom peg if I'm not careful. Anyway, this guy has Reprolabels too, as well as some chrome bits. I really wanted to go all out on the chrome with this guy, but I ran out of clear coat and figured a few smaller details without it would be wiser than risking it chipping off over time, as some of it already has started to.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This next one only seemed logical. That's right, it's Shockwave! This one is all chrome. I love chrome.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Starscream now. I did some linework in the wing grooves, as well as adding some more red to the chest and shoulders to help connect the intakes to the rest of his torso. More chrome here, too. I didn't bother "de-siege-ify-ing" most of these, since I actually kinda like the scuff marks and battle damage.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Soundblaster. I know this one is probably the most inaccurate with the color choices, but I really like how it turned out. I actually removed the weathering and scuff marks with some rubbing alcohol, but ended up repainting the figure in a glossy black anyway. Lots of chrome here, too.
    [​IMG]

Apeface.
    [​IMG]

Ultra Magnus. Lots more chrome. I tried to remove the siege marks from his chestplate, but they wouldn't come off with rubbing alcohol. I tried some acetone, but ended up damaging the plastic. Oof.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Optimus Prime(s). Here I added mostly chrome, as well as a few other small details. Swapped the shoulder badge with a shiny reprolabel.
    [​IMG]
    also added some gold for his little arm triangles.
    [​IMG]

Here I added some darker blue spots to the helmet on 35th Prime. I also lined his crotch square thing with a blue micron to give it more definition.
    [​IMG]
    A better look at the dark spots:
    [​IMG]
    Still couldn't get in in focus. Oh well.
    This last little one is kind of hard to pick out, but I used the same pen to do some linework inside the leg details, sticking to one side for the most part, just to add a little depth and shadow, in keeping with the cell-shaded look.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 10
  2. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Retired Admln Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Pinterest:
    Does anyone know how to remove the battle damage off tail end Siege figs? I have Ape Face and is laughs at 91% IPA and Magic Erasers

• Like Like x 1