Siege Starscream - Nose jet transformation pains?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jjdelc, Aug 5, 2019.

1. jjdelc

jjdelc Active Member

Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Everytime I transform WFC Siege Starscream from jet to bot, the pieces that should split from the nose jet to the shoulder vents lock incredibly stiff, and I've needed to use a knife to split them which is damaging the plastic.
    It looks like there's something that could be sanded off to make this locking peg less strong? I can see the plastic bending when I'm forcing it apart.
    I looked at video reviews and they just mention "oh it's a stiff joint" and proceed to ultimately unlock it with their hands but my copy is impossible.
    Anyone else ran into this problem?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Codeveronicaxxx

Codeveronicaxxx Goddomasuta member

News Credits:
    Yes. I haven't been around here much lately so I just assumed that was what was common with Starscream. I just forced it several times and I guess it's a little looser now but it was a major pain getting it open before.

3. Metalwario64

Metalwario64 City Commander

Get a parts separator for models like this.

I use it on my Gunpla, and I use it to separate the nosecone on Siege Starscream without damaging it. If you want to make it easier to separate, you should slightly file down the tabs that connect the two nosecone pieces together, but that could cause it to permanently be too loose, so a parts separator would prevent damage, and having to modify the figure.

4. ziltama

ziltama Lurks, mods, molds, and casts

News Credits:
    You can try a lego brick separator. That being said, I haven't seen a problem like that on any of the 7 Seekers that we have.

5. GuardianPrime19

GuardianPrime19 Prime

News Credits:
    I had the problem for the first 10 or so times that I transformed Starscream. I just stuck a quarter or some other type of coin into the slot once I got it slightly open and just pried them apart. Now the nosecone comes apart extremely easily so I say just give it some time. I also got Thundercracker a few hours ago and his comes apart with basically no issues so I guess they fixed it on the other Seekers