Siege springer

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Rumble02, Jun 22, 2019.

1. pjn5311

pjn5311 Medbot

News Credits:
    One on mine is bad I have everything lined up but one side just pops loose every time in helicopter mode. It will tab in but pops out at top.

Attached Files:

2. Rewind

Rewind Data Slug

News Credits:
    Good point! Probably would cause some confusion with a return so best to keep that in mind.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bumblejazz

Bumblejazz I exist

News Credits:
    I love this figure, so posable and the transformation is fun. I love the car mode. Only issue is the rear wheels barely roll.
    springercar.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  4. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    To build on this, right after I posted I transformed Springer again. Discovered that the chest in truck mode does NOT need to transform further for helicopter mode! At that point your just swiveling the frame the the arms are attached to and realigning/pushing into place.

5. Skottech

Skottech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Am I strange that I think Springer could have used more of the "battle damage" for the yellow grillwork on the front?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

Still trying to figure out Transformation (the instructions are as vague as ever......maybe tonight I’ll see if Optibotimus has a review up, and try to transform in synch with him......got the car mode, kinda, as the arms won’t go forward for the cars silhouette, instead it kinda goes into copter Modes silhouette......)

7. openchallenge

openchallenge Enough with the exclusives.

The only issue I have is loose feet. Each of the alt modes took a couple tries I feel like mistakes I made caused wear on the joints of the already loose feet. My first try at car mode I put the heel spurs underneath the exterior panels instead of overlapping. My first try at copter mode I extended the tail further to where it seemed like the rotor panel tabbed into the bottom of the feet. Avoid these situations if you can.

SIEGESPRINGER1901.JPG SIEGESPRINGER1902.JPG SIEGESPRINGER1903.JPG SIEGESPRINGER1905.JPG SIEGESPRINGER1906.JPG

• Like Like x 19
  8. Bandit

Bandit Well-Known Member

Has anyone used Brickseek to locate Springer? I’ve been trying to but every WM in my area says nothing is in stock. That may actually be true. BS was fairly reliable for me for Waves 1 and 2. But I know it hasn’t worked for others. Just curious if I should continue to rely on it or not.

9. MadMaximus

MadMaximus Well-Known Member

Madness

10. Hotconvoy

Hotconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nope! The DPCI they use is just an "ast", so if you buy more then one of the same size it doesn't list each figure's UPC or DPCI, it will just say "Tra Voyager Ast".

So you can scan any of them, but if you want to make it look good scan an extra twice and return the one you don't want...

I used it to find mine, but it's not very, um, let say "reliable" or trust worthy...

11. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    I forgot where I placed the instructions so I'm not sure if this was documented. If you combine the guns, there is a 5mm port on the bottom of the helicopter mode that you can plug the gun into. The front peg can plug into there while there is space for the rear peg underneath the copter that won't obstruct it. Seems intentional.

Also I got my Springer back to copter mode the other day and actually got the frame tabs slid in without a gap so...
    Try this:
    • Turn Springer into car mode. Make note of the chest in this mode.
    • The chest in car mode does not need to change at all, leave it as is.
    • When going to helicopter mode, tab the tabs on the side into the forearms first, make sure the forearms are flush against the sides. This is going to be key for alignment for the next step.
    • Then slide the shoulders into place, making sure to *very slightly* lift the tabs over the frame and into their slots.
    Hope this helps, I had the same issue you did.

12. allew

allew Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Quick comparison pic:

dsc_0230.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  13. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    • Like Like x 7
  14. JLOJ

JLOJ Transformative

News Credits:
    That’s awesome! And one of the main reasons I purchased two lionizers a few days ago for my Springer coming this Friday.

15. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
  16. Greeman

Greeman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So when I looked for pledge floor finish, this is the only thing amazon had, ordered it along with the casette boys, and it just arrived today. Hopefully it does the job.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Got my Springer today from Pulse.

Honestly, I'd been looking forward to this guy for a long time. Sadly, I didn't get a win in the QC department. Very loose ankles (both), the right wing would come off instead of fold out for helicopter mode, and both rear wheels don't want to roll (the left rear will barely turn with my thumb on it). Fortunately some clear nail polish really tightened up the ankles (which is surprising, sometimes with rivets it doesn't work, but I put a fair amount on and used the brush to try to push it to the outsides) and after about three attempts, I managed to shave enough excess plastic off the wing so it can fold out now without popping off.

Ignoring the rear wheels rolling issue, I don't know if it's a tolerance/mold issue or if I'm doing something wrong, but in car mode, it doesn't seem to sit quite right, as the "belt buckle" is right on the surface along with the wheels. In fact, with a little pressure on the hood, the back wheels lift right off the surface he's on.

That said, after doing some fixes and letting it sit a while, coming back, I do like him. Somewhat ironically, for all the QC issues, I had zero problems transforming him, though most of his joints are super tight, his thighs and the cockpit swivel are almost scary tight.

One thing that really surprised me, is for all the reviews, all the pictures, no one tilted his shoulder pads back on the arms, which I think improves the look by a lot.

As with all thumbnail pictures, click to enlarge
    Springer - Equipped.jpg

Springer - Effects.jpg Springer - Alternate Loadout.jpg Springer - Action Pose.jpg

Having some fun with the COMBAT system, I didn't put him on a flight stand because I was a little worried about balance and weight.

Springer - Super Loadout Copter.jpg Springer - Super Loadout Copter 2.jpg

Also, I had mentioned early on about role playing Springer for a TF:RPG game as a beta tester for the basic game rules and Autobot campaign (this was back around 1999, when all there was to the franchise was G1 and Beast Wars). The designer really wanted the player to have the flexibility to either create their own character, or play as any existing G1 character with a Tech Spec and a D10. I originally wanted to play Cosmos, which he veto'd, as he didn't want any super huge Transformers, Primes, or space-capable TF's for the testing at that point, so I then went with Springer which I think thrilled him as it gave him an opportunity to put his Triple Changer/multiform rules to the test. Similarly, he convinced the guy who wanted to play as Warpath to play Hardhead instead, as it gave him a chance to use the Headmaster rules. At any rate, it just so happens I can do the group we played as:

TF RPG - Original Crew.jpg

In the campaign, Snarl had a fallout with Grimlock and left the Dinobots for a time, so he joined us, Hardhead similarly had a falling out with Fortress Maximus' pacifism, and was looking to shoot some 'cons, so I (Springer), recruited them both to attack a listening station. Tailgate had been kicked off Earth for throwing a fit about a holiday sale on appliances as discount slavery and then got lost in his convoy back to Autobot base, ending up mistaking the listening post as Autobot HQ and wandered blindly into our assault.

TF RPG - Later Gang.jpg

A few sessions in, a player joined us as an original character, Limelight the hacker.

Sadly, we never finished the campaign, but it was fun.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
    • Like Like x 6
  18. smf2045

smf2045 Aficionado of Combiners

News Credits:
    Finally got my Springer yesterday.

20190702_234915.jpg

My jury's out on which one is better. Regardless, I'm not planning on getting rid of T30 Springer. The Siege version seems pretty fun, though. More details later.

• Like Like x 2
  19. LoserBroadside

LoserBroadside Your ship just came in.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Would someone mind posting a pic of him with the shoulder pads straight up and down like the G1 toy? Thanks!

20. Bumblejazz

Bumblejazz I exist

News Credits:
    20190703_201129.jpg

• Like Like x 4