Siege springer

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Rumble02, Jun 22, 2019.

1. DrTraveler

DrTraveler Wheeljack, Wheeljack, Wheeljack

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Understandable. I personally like the T30 better, and that's because I feel like it's a better robot, has more interesting alt modes, weapon storage, etc. Yeah it's difficult to get together, but Siege Springer has his moments in the transformation too.

I'd concede though that I can understand folks going for Siege over T30. It's a good figure too despite his issues (ankles, inferior weapon design/implementation). He's a nice chunky robot and forms into some solid alt modes. I don't see either as objectively, on all possible criteria, superior. That's not always the case. I'd argue that Siege Soundwave, for example, is objectively better than FoC Soundwave. If Siege Springer gets remolded into a Siege Sandstorm, he'd probably start as a better toy than T30 Sandstorm, given how back heavy and odd that toy is.

• Like Like x 2
  2. bacems

bacems Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I am the same, in that i put fun transformation on higher priority than accuracy or articulation. But that is why i love the T30 version. All the panels works fine. If anything, some parts even loose, but quickly fixed with nail polish. I find the transformation fun, and smooth to do back and forth, which is why i initially not intending on getting siege version. That being said, i finally broke down after watching the transformation, and siege springer is on the way now. We'll see how my opinion forms after i have him in hand.

• Like Like x 1
  3. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was fine with the car mode, it's getting the helicopter mode to lock in place I have trouble with, in particular the robot's backpack that the rotor pegs into

4. bacems

bacems Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    So, my springer finally arrived and opened. Most of the parts that people have trouble here, like loose ankle, loose side arm panel, are tight enough for me to work and support the figure properly. The tab that lock both legs in car mode also don't have stressmark, and don't require me to use exessive force to pry open.
    However, i am actually having problem on the parts that nobody here seems to have trouble with.
    - the tab that combine the back parts of the copter's rotor tail are uberly tight it forms stressmarks when i want to open them. This is solved by sanding the tab sides with sandpaper.
    - the chest hinge (the one on the vehicle's front) are not pinned straight and ended up slightly crooked. While it can still transform, that part cannot tabs in properly in robot mode now.
    - the hip parts that makes the legs able to swing forward and backward are a little loose. I thought about open them up and apply some nail polish, because it looks to be secured with screws, but apparently not. After i took out the screws, the thing still tightly shut because it was actually glued. Thankfully it is still at least strong enough to hold the body up.

5. DrTraveler

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Whoa. That’s some bad QC issues. Sorry about that.

6. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Thanks, they need to let you hear those clicks and thumps in thd video.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    I think that the reviewers might be being a bit cagey about emphasising the amount of force because if they outright stated that it "takes more force than would be advisable on most prior Prime Trilogy toys", you can bet there'd be a number of folks who might go galoot, overdo it, break their toy then go straight to the comments to complain and blame 'em.

8. Dinobot Snarl

News Credits:
    Is there a click im missing on the backpack in Robot Mode? Prob. Not just checking

9. Dinobot Snarl

News Credits:
    Love this art
    IDW-TF13-B-001.jpg

I think this guy is very close to MP quality, there's no gaps, the modes are authentic.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
    • Like Like x 6
  10. DrTraveler

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Where is this pic from?

11. Dinobot Snarl

News Credits:
    Its a cover for the new comic

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ravage101

Ravage101 Well-Known Member

Springer is one of the few characters I actually like because of the character as well as the figure/toy. My top favorite Transformers character.

However if I was to write Springer in a TV show, he’d be pretty much like how wheel jack was in Transformers Prime. To me that guy should have been a triple changing Springer but I guess they couldn’t figure out the toy so, Wheeljack it is.

Basically a smooth quiet and to-himself bounty hunter type. Like Boba Fett.

It’s so nice that I could easily “Fan-Mode” Siege Springer into a 4th mode; a starship reminiscent to Boba Fetts Slave One.

6F421D9A-B47E-4370-87DD-C92B5974C03D.jpeg B75CEFEF-184E-47CE-A904-15A5E537FD26.jpeg 9E22F792-E50B-4E10-A806-4245F7B83AB7.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  13. Ravage101

Here is a crazy idea. Has anyone tried replacing Springers Sword Blades with a pair of weapon master Lionizers? Was wondering how well Lionizers would work as blades for the copter mode. Is there enough clearance for such a move? Would the weight of the beast figures be too much? Could someone who has both a Lionizer an Springer try a test? Thanks Y’all!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    It works!
    DSC_0062.JPG DSC_0063.JPG
    DSC_0064.JPG DSC_0065.JPG
    There is the clearance but as they are flat sided pegs and not fully circular like the swords, due to the additional weight and less grip they can work there way out and catch and get knocked out.
    Recommended for short flights only!

• Like Like x 2
  15. Ravage101

Yeah that looks pretty cool. Colors work well together. If they are on sale on amazon, I’ll pick up a couple cats.

Thanks for posting.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Spicytron

Spicytron Well-Known Member

17. DarkEyes

DarkEyes Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hi guys, I'm interested in getting Springer but want to know if the issues are focused in some few units during original release or even now there are issue with the figure?

18. Herman Hartono

Herman Hartono Member

So I just got springer. His robot form got no problem, but in his 2 alt mode i have problem tabbing his top section. If i were able to tab his top, his leg part sort of lifted up. Thus making his back tire not touching the ground.
    IMG_20191014_090309.jpg
    As you can see his mid section is not align.
    Please help me

Edit: i i fixed it. Turns out the waist is not peg properly misb. So i just push it in, and everything aligned properly. I found out when turning the waist, and it pop off.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  19. LoserBroadside

LoserBroadside Your ship just came in.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Help me to like this figure. I WANT to like this figure. I do not like this figure.

It took me a half hour and multiple Youtube videos to figure out how to get the head into the chest for vehicle modes. Turns out I had to move it way past where it felt safe to move.

It took me 3 hours and multiple Youtube videos to figure out how to get the roof down all the way. Turns out I had to move it way, WAY past where it felt safe to move.

I STILL can't get the arms in place in helicopter mode. Any tips or help here would be GREATLY appreciated. I've gone thru all the posts and rewatched countless reviews, but still no luck.

I get that tolerances are often unpredictable, but this is a fundamental failure of engineering. This is bad. This is a bummer

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
  20. DrTraveler

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He takes a lot of practice. The Transformation joint near the waist is really bad in that it's hard to get it unlocked and moving when going to robot mode from either alt. It helps make for a tight alt mode, but it's frustrating.

The arms locking in place in helicopter mode is frustrating. There's a peg on the leg that gets exposed that slots into a gap on the wrist that get exposed. You slot those first (which is towards the back of the helicopter) then push in the front section.

People have complained about how fiddly the T30 Springer is. This figure is just as fiddly.

• Like Like x 1