Heavy/Scratch: Siege Shockwave Ray Gun

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by nonmetal, Jan 17, 2020.

1. nonmetal

nonmetal Human Scientist

Ebay:
    Siege Shockwave was lacking in his "secret" ray gun mode so I modded him as best I could to look like his G1 self. The main reason I wanted Siege Shockwave is that he scales better with his G1 toy brethern than the vintage toy. Siege has been a great opportunity to get nice updates like Reflector or obscurities like the Rainmakers. I think of Siege as a Season 3 line of what ifs. One thing that irked me about Shockwave in the cartoon was that production made him inept(see notes) and contrast to his other iterations even his tech specs as one to rival Megatron. My theory is that Megatron altered his cerebral to be completely obediant and in my toybox he is recovered after the onslaught of Unicron by the Rainmakers who reawaken him to his former glory, the only hope of usurping the madman Galvatron.
    Customizing photos and recipe to follow this initial post. 1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG 6.JPG 7.JPG production.JPG tech specs.JPG

• Like Like x 28
  2. FredrickMcQuil

FredrickMcQuil Poor transformers fan

Looks great cant wait to see how you did it!

3. nonmetal

nonmetal Human Scientist

Ebay:
    Modifications

-The first thing I did was take the handle parts or bridge of space cruiser to a belt sander. I then attached sanded down faux leg armor pices and glued them to handle. I used to flat headed bolts to doubly secure grips on but they served as homage to G1 toy as well.

-I pinned in a sight from MFT Laserwave.

-I used Testor transparent custom grape spraypaint on his chest and end of the barrel. I painted behind the chest screen chrome to backlight.

-I used the barrel attachment from Siege Galactic Man because I prefer the toy raygun look and a grey backpack in bot mode does not bother me too much.
    I cut pieces of pink metallic vinyl for details on the barrel. I cut up some Galactic Man armor to make a foresight for the barrel. Glued a 5mm donut piece cut from armor onto barrel
    so hose could plug into it.

-I cut out the middle section of the feet so that they could slide in and out on the existing pin. It was hard to do because I could not get pin out while cutting middle. Cut off monster heels.

-I plugged all the unsightly 5mm holes all over shockwave with 5mm pegs cut from the armor bits.

-I cut a notch out of the bottom of his chest and then the positive of that notch out of Galactic Man to give him a trigger.

-I gave him Decepticon stickers and chrome sticker around waist(I imitated Toyhax treatment)

-For purple touch ups around sight etc, Testors gloss dark blue and pink flourescent

-The hip dials were screw posts from inside a busted up G1 Soundwave leg

-Lead pieces mashed inside legs so that gun can stand unaided.

-For botmode black styrene square and upholsery tack for eye, Alernators Shockwave hand laser, shortened original hand, Galactic Man's thighs(to match barrel), and gap fillers for thighs and hand cut from armor.

8.JPG 9.JPG 10.JPG 11.JPG 12.JPG 13.JPG 14.JPG 15.JPG 16.JPG

• Like Like x 9
  4. nonmetal

nonmetal Human Scientist

Ebay:
    Donut for hose to plug into. I drilled hole deeper through the barrel.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  5. warhawk

warhawk Well-Known Member

That is incredible

6. dragonflye18

dragonflye18 Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Doctor Arkeville.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  7. POSSESSED_DIGIT

POSSESSED_DIGIT WE ARE NUBBY THUMB!!

News Credits:
    Very cool

8. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    Holy awesome!

9. nonmetal

nonmetal Human Scientist

Ebay:
    I changed up Shockwave's feet. His heels felt sloppy and they were a few mm shorter that his toes so he leaned back. I started from scratch using screwposts from a KO transformer for sliding mechanism(5mm by the way A LOT of screw posts are hint). The posts protrude a little out the back of heel so that he has more pin length when toes are extended. It prevents any wobbling. I used Galactic Man's toes since the parts were lying around anyway and they seem to complete the ray gun thrusters pretty well. I brushed on molotow chrome paint to match. Loving this Shockwave. I may at some point insert clear red plastic between the grating on his thrusters or liquid mod podge resin...not sure. Also like them toyetic. Kinda like how they look like rifle stock butt now as well. 1b.JPG 2b.JPG 3b.JPG 4b.JPG 5b.JPG 6b.JPG 7b.JPG 8b.JPG 9b.JPG

• Like Like x 9
  10. trence5

trence5 Well-Known Member

Nice :thumb 

11. Arkimus Prime

Arkimus Prime Shutting up is an important part of listening.

News Credits:
    Very nice!

12. shiftypenguin

shiftypenguin Fancy-Pantsless Dancer

News Credits:
    Nicely done!

13. Blackout32

Blackout32 ANTHRAX - PERSISTENCE OF TIME

Cybertron The Matrix of leadership knowledge,power
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Very awesome and just soooooo perfect INHO. I REALLY like it my friend,..... I think its great.

14. nonmetal

nonmetal Human Scientist

Ebay:
    He is a labour of love for sure. A little pricey to get Galactic Man just for donor parts but totally worth it for the factory made feel.