Customs: Siege Paint Removal Thread

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Vector Oracle, Jan 15, 2019.

1. AlienKing

AlienKing Well-Known Member

I bought a ER Starscream so I felt okay experimenting on my Siege Screamer and ended up testing how Gundam eraser pens worked on the battle damage, here are the results:
    20200521_133416.png IMG_20200521_133052.png
    I soaked the pens solution into a qtip and scrubbed, it only took a couple minutes.
    Not perfect as you can see paint between the panels but I imagine those can be dealt with using a soaking method.

2. kaszal

kaszal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I took off the battle damage on Siege Sideswipe. I removed the shins (taking out the pins is easier using a spring loaded centre punch) and put them in some 99% alcohol in a little jar in a sonic cleaner for 5 mins. The silver came off in about 5 mins. In addition to cotton buds, a microfibre cloth is also good. The black shins look much better imo.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  3. Metalwario64

Metalwario64 City Commander

So, I recently finally got the Netflix Megatron (which is very nice, though I am a bit disappointed in the silver paint, which is more of a glittery gloss gray than true silver), so I decided to attempt removing the damage from the regular Siege release (and eventually tighten all of the loose joints).

However, no matter how hard I scrub, I still see little bits of discoloration in certain lighting where the silver splotches used to be. Does this mean I still need to scrub more, or is this just what happens? Would sanding or using a Magic Eraser take off enough plastic to remove those marks if scrubbing won't do any more?

[EDIT] Okay, for anyone in the same situation who sees those areas of slight discoloration, indeed a wet Magic Eraser (or the cheapo China ones I bought on eBay a couple of years ago) with some scrubbing gets rid of those.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020