Siege on Cybertron box....Beast wars?!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SgtLemon, Jun 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    This seems like an obvious comment, but it's a movie year. While it's certainly possible PE sets are done, it's plausible they're just on hold while other, more time sensitive, releases are prioritized. We saw the LG line take a bit of a break in releases (only Astrotrain, Lio Convoy and Godbomber between Jan and August), but they're coming back w/a vengeance in the fall.

2. AntiSperglord

AntiSperglord Member

One thing I love about this franchise is how no matter how shitty the variant or version, inevitably there'll be someone along to defend it. Beast Machines is nowhere near as stupid or outright bad as most of the shows that followed, it certainly had a lot of cool things going for it (to the point where without realizing it, I completed my Vehicon collection this past March) and I can never fault a Transformers line for at least trying to do something radically different than the standard Bot vs. Con stuff that's been a staple since '84. Still, as a follow up to BW (which also tried being radically different and pulled off something legendary in the process) it falls painfully short. Optimus came off as a religious fanatic, Rattrap was reduced to a coward, Silverbolt made into a painfully late 90's emo teenager, Rhinox turned into an outright villain for no discernible reason, and all without the unsettlingly vague self awareness of the Michael Bay films to balance out these choices. To say nothing of the toy/show discrepancy and the fact that the narrative repeatedly stated how much "better" the new Maximal forms were, when the show constantly depicted them being soundly defeated by the more conventional vehicular robots... augh. Not gonna lie, as much as I enjoyed BM's industrial moody lighting and shadows I still missed BW's reflective chrome surfaces and weirdly prescient Halo CE-like landscapes.

Still, massive flaws and all somehow it all still gives me nostalgia pangs right in the ol' feels. I wouldn't at all mind a few Beast Machines characters being included in a BW themed set, especially characters like Nightscream that never got an accurate or cool toy representation.

• Like Like x 2
  3. DeletedUser_119270

DeletedUser_119270 Guest

What a mystery.

4. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

DTP error, lol.

• Like Like x 1
  5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    What a thread revive!