Siege on Cybertron BBTS Preorder!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by payres, May 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Offensively Off-brand

Sorry about your financial circumstances (I'm with ya :( ), but honestly, it's a good thing to be poor sometimes - you DON'T want to be a hoarder! :D 

Anyway, I don't know what you read that came off as bratty and entitled. All I see is, "Dammit, I wanted one and now it's sold out! :( " So... that sucks!

And besides, don't hate on your fellow boardies! They're your first and last line of defense.

Against Bronies.

They're coming.

Hascon 2017. :eek: 

:lol 

• Like Like x 1
  2. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Offensively Off-brand

It's human nature:

When was the last time you gave someone a compliment?

And when was the last time you criticized someone?

But just because you don't compliment your mom or friend, doesn't mean you think ONLY negative stuff about them! :D  It's just more likely for a human to say something negative. I don't know why. Maybe we're all very sad inside. Because the world is full of people and we feel like we come last.

Blame Hollywood - certainly, some of this ill will would be curved if not for the constant reminders that we don't own fancy cars and mansions! :rolleyes2 

But a lot of these "negative comments" are from good people who would help you when you needed it. Don't confuse some criticism with terrible character. Although, I will definitely agree with you that we can all stand to be a little more positive (or constructive).

Nevertheless, think about how your negativity contributes to the problem rather than helps it. Cause nothing is more ironic than complaining about complaints! ;) 

3. DeletedUser_119270

DeletedUser_119270 Guest

4. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

Had I known Hasbro was doing this set I might've skipped TT Ginrai entirely cuz so far it looks pretty much the same barring minute differences. That Tidal Wave is (ironically) a massive dissapointment quite frankly. They really should've retooled Overlord into Tidal Wave instead of Black Shadow and then we'd be talking. Otherwise though I do want this set. I'll still gladly take a second Ginrai and I do want the Metal Hawk.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Horzzo

Horzzo Well-Known Member

Ugh, that is why there should be a limit on these exclusives. Knock out the garbage scalpers.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Moderator

News Credits:
    I also got a BBTS email May 31st for the preorder. And he was up and available for a few days after.

But it still sucks for those who didn't grab it yet. Someone will drop their order. I was waiting and waiting for Ginrai and finally on a Christmas Day someone canceled theirs.

Let's all just hope the next set is not a SDCC exclusive.

7. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You might have got my Ginrai :p  I ended up picking him up from amazon haha

• Like Like x 1
  8. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    For those worried about not getting this set, don't fret. I pre-ordered immediately and even then it was still up for pre-order the following three days that I checked (at like 9 am and 3pm all three days). However, what always happens with BBTS is that they sell out of the pre-orders but still have an extra batch that comes in with it. Just look at Godbomber; he was sold out up until I received the email that he shipped and then WABAM, he's in stock. And BBTS likes to have their exclusives in stock (it's one of the reasons they're better than a brick and mortar store). I guarantee you they will also do another pre-order run too. Bookmark the page and go to it every chance you can.

To those who missed the Chaos on Velocitron, yeah that sucker doesn't seem to showing anymore in my area. And even then, I only ever saw five sets before they disappeared. Sorry to those who missed it but you never know where it might show up again. It's amazing how many exclusives end up in places like Kohl's or just sit on the shelves in rural Indiana. My recommendation is to ask around this site rather than pay scalper prices. Someone may have it near them somewhere and hopefully will be kind enough to help out.

• Like Like x 1
  9. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    "Disappointing" is starting to grate on me as much as "interesting" did.

My decoder ring's message was disappointing.
    The ending of Lost was disappointing.
    Hitler's annexation of Poland was disappointing.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
  10. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Moderator

News Credits:
    Now that's amusing!

11. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yea I cancelled my bbts order on Christmas haha

So I just ordered the renderform sword for botcon metalhawk from bbts in anticipation of this, also to potentially reduce shipping on the set :p 

12. Knightsword

Knightsword Fire in the North

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    More may free up as BBTS goes through the orders and nuke the ones with more than one set in them. But yes, BBTS will have some for sale directly. Also remember BBTS is the US retailer, there will be others selling it in Canada, Asia, and Europe.

13. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    Don\'t worry about these sets not being available.  There are a number of options that might help.  Prices will vary, but if you allocate a budget, linked to the amount of figures you want, or specific figures you want, you can probably get what you want.

Here are some options:

- Wait for  ​BBTS/Toys R Us to have restock.
    - Wait for budget shops in your area to get them, discounted.
    -  Wait for Takara to release certain figures (that\'s what I\'m doing with the twins, as I\'m pretty certain they\'ll release them in two-packs).
    -  Wait for new molds/better versions of what are essentially recolours (there are usually better versions of even Botcon exclusives out at general retail several years later).
    - Buy a  third-party version of the toy/s.
    - Buy/Swap figures with chums here (although that\'s not what I do).
    - Look at the sections  at this site that have \"sightings\" for the toy/s you want in your area.

Hope this helps.

14. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's Zvil!"

News Credits:
    This needs to be pointed out. How many times have fans freaked out over a recolor exclusive, only to have half of them show up a year or two later at retail in, usually, better editions? If Hasbro goes out of their way to obtain new copyrights and trademarks for names, you know they're generally going to use them more than once.

• Like Like x 1
  15. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    huh...i actually like magnus MUCH more than ginrai!

• Like Like x 1
  16. AirjitzuRonin

AirjitzuRonin Member of the Bee Team

Magnus Prime needs a Godbomber. Come on Hasbro. Maybe in another boxset.

17. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That unpainted face on Pounce looks blech

I'll just wait and hope Takara does cartoon accurate decos with more paint. The only other figure I want from this set is Metalhawk.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Question is, did they make the heel spurs work on the Hasbro version? Or are they as loose as the Takara version?

19. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's Zvil!"

News Credits:
    Well, the main difference really is Magnus wears blue underwear whereas Ginrai wears tighty-whities. Oh, and Ginrai actually comes with a properly painted Ginrai/Hi-Q versus whatever Magnus's headmaster is supposed to be. Other than that, they seem well-nigh identical...even the red plastic seems the same.

20. DukeFett

DukeFett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I don't see many differences, am very glad for the larger Autobot logos in truck mode.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.