Siege Nemesis Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by PoweredConvoy, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    Yes. The one and only. Everyone get ready for it.

• Like Like x 2
  2. DracoPrimal

DracoPrimal Maxicon

I was, and mine just arrived... anybody wanna guess if this contains A. NIB Siege Nemesis Prime, or B. a poorly executed, minimal autobot sticker sheet?:
    20200612_130132.jpg
    The feces-frosting on this crapcake is that I ordered a Rumble/Ratbat for someone's birthday from this same seller, a week and a half before ordering this. That package is still in another state somewhere.

• Like Like x 3
  3. ziltama

ziltama Lurks, mods, molds, and casts

News Credits:
    Oi, that sucks. I've seen eBay, although rarely, delist sellers altogether.

For reference, the NP box has the same exact dimensions as Siege / ER Voyager boxes.

4. misterd

misterd Multifaceted nerd

I have been fortunate. Never had to get a refund through eBay. How much of a bitch is this going to be?

5. DracoPrimal

DracoPrimal Maxicon

You and me both... i notified PayPal today. "Allow seller time to respond"... good luck to us both.

6. ziltama

News Credits:
    It takes a while and eBay gives the seller x amount of time to respond. It's usually better if you show that you at least tried to contact the seller yourself first so that eBay also has record of that. If time expires and the seller doesn't respond, then eBay will refund you. This happened to me once where I got a sold a different sword accessory than pictured.

Edit: Also try seeking advice in the eBay thread.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
  7. misterd

To be fair I have not been officially screwed yet as my package has not arrived. I'm just anticipating it.

• Like Like x 2
  8. stad

stad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It won't be much of a problem at all.

9. Toker

Toker Well-Known Member

It's not a problem as others have mentioned, but you have to let the process play out. Which in most cases takes a week or two. I try not to buy anything of value from China eBay sellers since there's a high likelihood it may be fake. I bought a Titan Returns Bumblebee and it turned out to be a KO. Not only that, but it had 2 arms and couldn't transform.

The last incident was for a Dyson hair dryer. The seller was in the U.S., but as soon as I received the package, you could tell it was shipped from China. As soon as I opened it, I could tell by the power plug that it was a knockoff. I checked the serial number on Dyson's website and sure enough, it was for a different color. I contacted the seller and they offered me a discount of $25. I refused and contacted eBay and reported the item. I posted pictures of the item and posted a screenshot of my conversation with Dyson. eBay's process requires you to attempt to resolve the issue with the seller. The seller countered again with a lesser offer of $20. I refused again and it took about a week for eBay to side with me.

10. misterd

Up to 18 negatives now. Had 3 two weeks ago. :mad: 

• Like Like x 1
  11. ziltama

News Credits:
    I wonder how Dead / Sleeping OP's head would look like on NP but I think it uses dark gray instead of black.

The price seemed too good to be true, and it was, unfortunately. Did the seller say anything to you?

12. Nyarlahotep

Nyarlahotep Radicon Scourge

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I bought a number of things from Chinese sellers over the past few months, and all of their feed back ratings were 100% - Jump forwards to now and I've either received nothing or a package containing a single Lego mini-fig, a package containing a MP bumblebee alternate face mask, or stickers and the feed back ratings have bombed with 20-30+ negative reviews. What is going on?

• Like Like x 1
  13. misterd

Package has not arrived yet.

14. Chareos

Chareos Remember what the Dormouse said

News Credits:
    I don't think $71 seemed too good to be true from, at the time, a "good seller". Toydojo and TCP had him at $65 and $60 respectively, and I figured there was an import mark-up from those stores anyway. This figure has been all over the map, price-wise. There's even some lousy scalper on eBay trying to sell him for $300. Anyway, I guess live and learn. I'm still waiting for my sticker sheet.

15. misterd

I think that depends on whether "China" refers to the mainland, Hong Kong, or Taiwan.

Hong Kong is looking at takeover by the mainland. There has to be tremendous uncertainty.

With Taiwan, surely they see what is happening in Hong Kong. They also have to question how long they can rely on US protection given what is going on here.

As for the mainland, who knows what is going on there. Most people seem to think Covid had a greater impact than they have admitted. There is a lot of tension in the world right now, and a good amount of it aimed at China.

In the end, no matter which of them you look at, economic uncertainty is high. just for different reasons. There may be a lot of pressure to get as much as they can in the short term because the long term is looking so uncertain.

16. butheadimus prime

butheadimus prime Picard?

Ebay:
    Got mine with the missile too lol

17. DracoPrimal

DracoPrimal Maxicon

OK, update to my situation with zhengzhenrishang888...
    May 15: I order Rumble/Ratbat from them, ships within the day
    May 26: I order Siege Nemesis Prime, ships within the day
    June 12: get package supposed to be Siege NP, is actually small sticker sheet.
    June 15: get package supposed to be R/R, is actually R/R... so at least my gift to someone came through.

So whenever they chose to go rogue happened in that week and a half between my orders. I'm curious if ANYONE actually receives a Siege NP from them.

Now I have to decide if I still want to try to pursue a reasonably priced Siege NP, or go for that Perfect Effect Dark Warrior... and maybe just the revive trailer off someone.

• Like Like x 3
  18. misterd

I took a shot at a second Nemesis from a different seller in advance. Worst case scenario, they are both busts and I need to chase eBay for the refund. Best case scenario I get two Nemesises and can pass one along. At this point though I'll be happy with one figure, the sticker sheet, and a refund.

• Like Like x 2
  19. DracoPrimal

DracoPrimal Maxicon

Would love to follow suit, but funding doesn't support it... at least until the refund comes. That, and now I'm full gunshy on eBay China sellers.

• Like Like x 1
  20. misterd

I've ordered a bunch of small stuff. This is the only major purchase I've made, but unfortunately it is also the only (presumably) bad purchase. Everything else has come through so far. Hardest part is the waiting.

• Like Like x 2