Siege Nemesis Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by PoweredConvoy, Sep 12, 2019.

1. KFGatri

KFGatri Madman with a Blue Box

Ebay:
    Makes sense. A copy of a copy. When Scourge was copied from Optimus he lost the nobility. And when Nemesis Prime was copied from Scourge it lost all semblance of characterization.
    Unfortunately, Hasbro seems to have forgotten that Scourge exists - they had two perfect figures to redeco as Scourge - CW Optimus and TR Voyager Optimus - and missed both opportunities. Takara did both, but as exclusives. And then Hasbro did a Nemesis Prime repaint for POTP Optimus ... and now Siege Optimus ... and we'll probably get one for ER Optimus in addition to dead Optimus. But why revisit an actual character with an actual impact on his corner of the mythos when you can just churn out just another generic evil black repaint?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Knightsword

Knightsword Fire in the North TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    The name Nemesis Prime is closer to the original Black Convoy name then Scourge ever was and perfectly acceptable to call the character that. Since it would be a PR disaster to name a toy with the literal "Black Prime". The name Scourge was a name slap to protect Hasbro's use of it as were most of the RID names. It's better to use the Takara names for that show's characters anyway since the show is supposed to be part of the G1 timeline with new characters. Also Takara uses the Black Convoy name to reference all black Optimus recolors regardless if they are the RID character or not so not even Takara truly cares for the sanctity of that character.
    UW Grand Scourge isn't Scourge, but Armada's Unicron puppet in a new body i.e. Sideways. And since we're counting exclusives, Hasbro is only one shy of the same number of post RID releases of a Scourge toy with the club's release of the RTS Laser Optimus repaint. Not to mention Hasbro overall has more Scourge toys than Takara's RID Black Convoy's. Scourge (RID) - Transformers Wiki

3. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Look again. Nemesis Prime is mostly black with a little grey and minimal teal whereas Scourge has a grey torso, and much more teal. Nemesis Prime is also missing the teal on his head that Scourge has. Scourge has a more appealing color scheme to me.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They are both black, grey, teal and red, the color scheme is the same, the layout is what is different

5. Knightsword

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    It's also amusing the amount of reverence given to Takara over the character too when they really could care less and use the Black Convoy name for both RID/Car Robots character and G1 (and other series) clones.

• Like Like x 1
  6. motorthing

motorthing One of these days.........

News Credits:
    IMG_20200609_175904.jpg

"So, am I supposed to be you or........?"

"Takara doesn't give a shit, so why should we?"

• Like Like x 2
  7. B-Fox

B-Fox Mahoro de MAMBO!

News Credits:
    Still haven't opened mine yet. Is there no backstory for the figure, 'cause I'd go with the Straxus clone one from the last Nemesis Prime.

And I think in regards to RiD/Car Robots - Mega-Octane was the better name for Black Convoy/Scourge.

It has the same number of syllables as Optimus Prime and has "octane" in the name. That's a better fit for the guy with an oil tanker truck for an alt-mode.

8. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In Stock

News Credits:
    Where are the guns on Siege Nemesis Prime's back from?

9. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    Second question: what is that trailer you used for the second Nemesis Prime from?

10. Knightsword

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    That's ER Prime's

• Like Like x 1
  11. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    Oh. it's repainted! Don't know why I didn't see that the first time.

12. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Thats like saying Optimus Prime and Starscream have the same color scheme. That may be true, but the colors are in different layout and of different quantities.

13. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    eh, that's really stretching it

14. KFGatri

Ebay:
    The fact remains that the only "evil black Optimus" to get any real characterization and impact in a mainstream medium is Scourge, not Nemesis Prime. They may be the same concept at their most basic, but Scourge is the one that something was actually done with. It's an actual character rather than a bunch of blank slate repaints, so I don't like lumping the character in with the generics.

i know how many Scourges Hasbro has released, as I have all of the retail releases. That doesn't change my desire for a new figure with modern tech and non-telescoping legs. Heck, if Archenemy weren't MP size I'd own it. Since Scourge is one of my favorite characters, I do get frustrated at the tough-to-get exclusive versions, and the near misses in the form of flying soapdishes with the name (not that they're a bad thing) and the no-character Nemesis Prime.

And Hasbro letting FunPub use the the RTS mold for Scourge is a old wound for me, so thanks for reminding me of that. :throw Kind of like how others were ticked at the classics Seekers being a Botcon exclusive, except that Hasbro hasn't provided any retail alternative.

Hasbro has finally remembered that Cliffjumper is not a red Bumblebee. If they can do that, maybe they can recall that there's an evil Prime with actual story and character behind him.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    I use the names Nemesis Prime and Black Convoy, because there's only one Scourge. And seemingly limitless army of clones of him. :lol 

16. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    That's how I feel about someone saying RiD Scourge has the same color scheme as Nemesis Prime. There are similarities, but it's not the same.

17. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The one, true, Scourge! :lol 

ACAD38D0-8AA1-4F32-9F1A-3CD61A8C3A70.jpeg

Seriously though, CR Black Convoy/RID Scourge was the first (and the only one with any real character), but anything after him was just running with the idea that an evil black Prime is cool.

What’s funny is that the first US Nemesis Prime was in Armada. Then JPN called him Scourge (and his minicon was called Sweep just to add to the homage).

I personally refer to the RID one as Black Convoy, the Armada one as Nemesis Prime, the Energon one as Scourge / Grand Scourge. All the others I usually refer to them by whatever is on the package.

• Like Like x 2
  18. stad

stad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm glad Hasbro let FunPub do the Scourge - I prefer that over not having him done at all.

19. KFGatri

Ebay:
    For a lot of people - those that couldn't join the club or didn't trust FunPub with their cc info after the breach which was relatively recent at the time - it was effectively the same thing.

• Like Like x 1
  20. CyberDragon10K

CyberDragon10K Predacon Rising

Could've bought him on the aftermarket or went in on the Takara Legends EX version of the black RTS Prime mold.

I got both; TFCC one on aftermarket, and LG-EX on pre-order and import. And I'm paid in maple dollars.

• Like Like x 1