Minor/Repaint: Siege mods

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by nonmetal, Jan 27, 2020.

1. nonmetal

nonmetal Human Scientist

Ebay:
    Here are some minor mods to some Siege figures.

FRENZY
    I took the guns off of Robot Heroes Rumble(red) filled the gaps with hot glue and inserted a tiny aluminum rod that would fit into the holes in Frenzy's back once screws were removed. Frenzy holds together fine without the screws. I drilled holes in his fists and cut off the wierd pegs that were sticking out. I used Molotow markers to chrome up the guns. I swapped his legs(does not affect transformation) and gave him a foil decepticon sticker out of nostalgia sake. I painted his eyes with clear red model paint.

HOUND
    First thing I did was get rid of the silly roof he had. I glued a piece of plexi(from cassette case) to the existing windshield and carefully painted the edge with green testors paint. I used Reprolabels windhield wiper stickers from their Red Alert set. For the bed on the back of the jeep I used a 12" GI Joe radio lid and split it in two. the little side lights had to be cut off so he could still transform. I attatched a 5mm inner diamater tube from Galactic Man's armor arm into one side of the bed so it could recieve his new rifle donated by Classics Ultimate Battle Optimus Prime. His hologram gun came from Alternators Swindle which I gave a 5mm handle. I modded the rocket launcher to be able to raise using Generations Roadbusters gun. Rocket was from GI Joe. I found part of a model car in my junk bin and gave him seats and a steering wheel by hotglueing them in. I stickered him up with the Reprolabels set.

BLUESTREAK
    Reissue G1 rifle with 5mm handle peg attached. Classics launchers glued to the machine gun handles he came with. Classics rockets cut off and Reprolabels rockets glued in.

ASTROTRAIN
    Reissue black and white Astrotrain rifle flipped upside down like the cartoon gun with 5mm handle attached. Attached 5mm pegs on to Revell 1:250 scale Space Shuttle thrusters. They are removable if I want to still use the coal tender. But probably won't. I used alcohol to get rid of the battle damage effect.

REFLECTOR TOY COLORS
    I added 5mm pegs to the Flashcube and 3 G1 guns that came with MFT Reflector. Added Reprolabels. I carefully hollowed out 5mm peg on flash so that it could attach to the tripod which has a small peg. I also cut apart a nitelight to make a lens for the flashcube. The guns can store inside the lens in camera mode.

REFLECTOR CARTOON COLORS
    Bought a second 3 pack Reflector to be able to give him the viewfinder. Greeked out REFLECTOR graphic with leftover sticker from upgrade set. Also added the Reprolabels set. I started to plug arm holes with 5mm pegs(from tripod) and small peg for the two that do not shutter on the chest. I could not find the right color plastic so I pushed in a peg a little more and using a leather punch made two small silver stickers. I filled the thighs by cutting up parts of the tripod for this Reflector. The green on the chests were exenciated with Gundam metallic green marker paint.

SPRINGER
    He's in the group shot. Gave him the Thrilling 30 blades. That's it. Drilled the 5mm hole a little deeper so it would go all the way in. Looks awesome.

1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG 6.JPG 7.JPG 8.JPG 9.JPG
    Last thing I will say. I don't like the excessive 5mm ports all over the Siege figures. Been plugging them up. Discovered 3/16" dowel works. If cut a tiny bit short a small sticker can cover the wood.

Attached Files:

• 10.JPG
      10.JPG
      File size:
      386 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 26
  2. nonmetal

nonmetal Human Scientist

Ebay:
    Astrorockets

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  3. nonmetal

nonmetal Human Scientist

Ebay:
    Frenzy guns

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  4. warhawk

warhawk Well-Known Member

I really love that Hound. He looks great with the backpack gone and new windshield

• Like Like x 3
  5. nonmetal

nonmetal Human Scientist

Ebay:
    IMG_9249.JPG IMG_9250.JPG Added another 5mm inner diamater tube to back of Hound for rocket launcher. Piece came from Siege Shockwave/Galactic Man. Inside armor add on arms. Really useful part.

• Like Like x 10
  6. nonmetal

nonmetal Human Scientist

Ebay:
    Thanks he was always a favourite G1 toy and just didn't feel right with a roof. Adding the seats were a big nostalgia blast as well.

• Like Like x 1
  7. FredrickMcQuil

FredrickMcQuil Poor transformers fan

Really nice job on hound and frenzys guns!

8. spencer1984

spencer1984 Well-Known Member

Nice upgrades. I never thought to give Springer the previous toy's rotor/sword, I'm going to have to dig that out now.

9. nonmetal

nonmetal Human Scientist

Ebay:
    IMG_9255.JPG IMG_9256.JPG IMG_9257.JPG Took a gap filler donated from a second Astrotrain. Popped out pin and sawed shorter. Had to glue in clips because they would not stay on anymore. Cut notches in the clips so they would slide over tabs they normally click onto. It cAn stay in place for train mode but not sure what to do with it in robot mode, maybe make a shield? There is space for a peg where the shuttle fin goes.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
  10. warhawk

Love the seats in Hound. Can we get some back pics in bot mode?

11. nonmetal

nonmetal Human Scientist

Ebay:
    IMG_9263.JPG IMG_9264.JPG IMG_9265.JPG IMG_9266.JPG
    Sure thing Warhawk! Also adding pic of modified rifle. I added the handle of a NonNef blaster and slimmed it down so that the turret sits lower in jeep mode. A pic of the back of the jeep too.

• Like Like x 9
  12. warhawk

Squeeellll! even the window folds! I love this. If we get an earth rise mold like this, it may replace my original CHUG Hound. Fantastic!

• Like Like x 1
  13. POSSESSED_DIGIT

POSSESSED_DIGIT WE ARE NUBBY THUMB!!

News Credits:
    I may need to copy that hound...

14. nonmetal

nonmetal Human Scientist

Ebay:
    Just some Astrotrain mod updates.

Train mode- I am sure Toyhax will do a set but wanted to see what he would look like with some train cab lights and I gave him some G1 indicator lights as well. I filled the 5mm hole that is under the shuttle wing with a peg from Siege Shockwave armour. just to make the mode more finished looking. My best guess is that he is HO or 1:87 scale so I have a little Indy riding him for scale reference. Also I was WRONG about the add on piece being able to stay in Train mode. Going to try to figure out a way to attach it.

Shuttle mode- I could not stand all the ports on Astrotrain's shuttle mode. If Astrotrain is say 1:160 then in real life the ports would be 34" craters. I filled the 5mm holes on his upper body and on the wings with 5mm pegs from his add on boots. On the front ends of the shuttle I carefully dremelled out the 5mm purple tubes which made 7mm holes that I filled with 7mm mushroom pegs from my spare Astrotrain's feet. It makes the shuttle front look more like one piece. I also painted a vertical stripe on the tailfin. Fixed the launchpad so that it lies flat by shaving just a hair off the black pieces where it was needed using files and gently with a dremel. Owning two Astrotrain's means having two missile pod/super rocket boosters.

Bot mode- I gave him some metallic red eyes with some extra stickers. Easy to take his head apart. Just a screw. I added a pic to show off his back with the boosters. Also a pic of the monster guns when you have twice the firepower. heh. Pretty silly.

1 astro train mode stickers.JPG 2 astro fillers and tail fin.JPG 3 astro launch pad.JPG 4 astro boosters.JPG 5 astro eyes.JPG 6 astro big guns.JPG 7 astro back.JPG

Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  15. nonmetal

nonmetal Human Scientist

Ebay:
    IMG_9302.JPG A better pic of 7mm plug. The mushroom peg I used is a waxier plastic so did not sand well, but it was the right size for the job and not so noticable.

• Like Like x 3
  16. nonmetal

nonmetal Human Scientist

Ebay:
    One last note. It was labourios to dissasemble my spare Astrotrain. That's because he is so very well engineered. Almost all pinned. Hope we continue to get such high quality figures.

• Like Like x 3
  17. warhawk

I love the Indiana Jones on the Astrotrain. It reminds me, that it belongs in a museum!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Impactor666

Impactor666 Well-Known Member

There all nice touches I especially like what you did with Hound looks old school

• Like Like x 1
  19. Bigcuddlybastard

Bigcuddlybastard Well-Known Member

For a better fill in material than hot glue, you should try using baking soda with super glue directly on top of it, it hardens almost instantly. the super glue tends to roll a little bit so be careful. but it creates a permanent fill on material that is sandable and paintable

• Like Like x 2
  20. nonmetal

nonmetal Human Scientist

Ebay:
    Oh wow cool never heard of that trick. Going to try it out. Thanks!

• Like Like x 1