Siege Leader Class Cybertron/Galaxy Force Optimus remold from Ultra Magnus

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by wingsaber86, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

I like this more and more.

2. SparkPlug24

SparkPlug24 Named after the Mini-con, not the Witwicky.

Now this is an alt-mode that I've only dreamed of.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mattymo

Mattymo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Shortening the themes but still getting generations figures all the time. We’re on 9 straight years of CHUG. Remember when their were year gaps once or twice? They can shorten to a year long thing but it doesn’t change the fact that CHUG has been on the shelves for a decade now and Titan is being released annually.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Skyclaw

Skyclaw 6 Types of Madness!

Too add this, mainly about focusing on figures from the cartoons like they use too?

For those of us who grew up in the 80's Cartoons was entertainment as well as a selling point for your favorite action figure! Also, throw in some action based toy commercials or advertisement and you have children who watched that cartoon every morning before heading out to school and Saturday morning cartoons as well normally running from 6:00am until roughly 11:00am. Kids begged parents to take them out to their local toy store and buy their favorite toy they saw on the cartoon or maybe a counter-part in the toy commercial itself, either way the action figures was sold during that era. Unfortunately, here we are in 2019 already with a plethora of electronic gizmos, smartphones and gaming systems to rule the world with. I don't even see a toy commercial anymore unless you go the the Disney or cartoon network. Nothing on basic cable or satellite on a local channel that I've seen. Electronics has killed toys...period! That's why most, if not all of these toy manufactures has left it up to the parents growing up in the 80's and 90's to spread that feeling of joy of buying and playing with toys again. Bringing back that creativeness and imagination of buying an item that you can open and play with for hours and hours. Not a electronic doo-hicky that you will get bored or and pissed off at cause you can't make it do what you want and/or you can't make it pass level 1 to save the princess's step-sister.

So back to your statement of Hasbro could focus on cartoon like they use too? Hasbro can do it, but are they willing to because they know toys aren't selling like they use too. And I feel their relying on fans to pass on the tradition of enjoying toys and collecting toys and so on.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Skyclaw

Skyclaw 6 Types of Madness!

@GizmoTron, at least or I feel you have an understanding of what I'm trying to say about this whole matter...

6. ca12nag3

ca12nag3 Well-Known Member

I also think that what they did with CW won't work anymore and was too much. Clearly late waves suffered from CW fatigue. People had enough of more of the same. After CW lines became shorter and shorter. TR still relatively big but not as. And I think it is better overall. Less repaints and more new ideas.

Not everything is my cup of tea. This optimis prime isn't my thing. Im pure G1. Bit I can appreciate the figure non the less. He looks good quality and I'm happy for fans of this era who haven't been shown much love. So hope for them they get more. Also the Beast wars fans btw.

7. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid "See see Seacons!"

News Credits:
    Part of it may also be for distribution purposes. The larger class sizes don't move as fast as their smaller mates...so consolidating things means that everything gets a chance to hit shelves. And the way they stagger the assortments means you have less chance of the Deluxe wave outrunning it's Voyager counterparts when there's Combiners in the mix.

Speaking from personal experience, the last waves of stuff during Prime Wars were generally pretty hard to find. Up until PotP, where they shrank the voyager and leader waves. Compared to CW and even Titans, I had a fair shot at all of the figures in the line this time around. They may very well have found the sweet spot.

And that's good. Because the thing with a $50 leader is kids may want it, and parents may want to get it for them, but it's not an impulse purchase. So you want those leaders to be available long enough that if a kid sees them there's time for the kid to save up, or for the parent to come around on a birthday/xmas to buy it for them.

So yeah, releasing fewer big ticket items isn't the worst idea. Give them a chance to breath in stores. Probably also helps keep production costs down as you're not forced to churn out as much new product to meet the demands of the new wave. You can just pump out a few things early...and if they sell well enough you can make some more before you transition later in the year to the second wave.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mattymo

Mattymo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It also probable this m has a lot to do with with what’s going on with toys around transformers. A Star war movie every year(yes yes that’s changing but still) marvel movies, DC movies, power ranger. A lot of those franchises have yearly life cycles now and shockingly Hasbro makes toys for the two big ones I named off and they I’ve a year or less cycle before the next movie or whatever kicks off. It’s very highly likey hasbro is doing that with their other brands.

9. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just hope that these boards don’t turn as toxic as some of the previous toy boards I used to frequent...

Anyway, what this version of Optimus combined into totally caught me by surprise!

Few months back when I posted that one of my sources highlighted that the Magnus cab mode would be repainted into Optimus, it was not revealed what Optimus would combine into!

• Like Like x 4
  10. opelouis

opelouis New Member

No wonder WFCS Ultra Magnus look like Galaxy Force Optimus truck mode, this explained.

11. Rhinox555

Rhinox555 IMPOSSIBRU!

What? He didn’t look like Galaxy Force Convoy at all, he looked like Car Robots God Magnus.

• Like Like x 6
  12. opelouis

opelouis New Member

Yeah, you're right, he look more like RID Ultra Magnus. Because I don't have that figure, so, my first impression is the figure looking like G F Optimus.

Judging by the comic cover, Optimus Prime body design look almost same like the WFCS Ultra Magnus base body, sure it is remold from there.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
  13. ca12nag3

ca12nag3 Well-Known Member

Well with most lines they have their own management and designers. There isn't much going back and forth. Though you have those Star Wars transformers but that is sporadic.

14. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow, could you imagine a RID Magnus?
    He would not have the secondary head.

He would use mostly the Magnus truck Voyager with the GF Prime Trailer... Transformers_War_for_Cybertron_Siege_Leader_Ultra_Magnus_2_1024x1024.jpg RID41_1203431809.jpg Siege Leader Class Optimus Prime.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  15. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    They'd probably have to keep the second head, even if it was just the same head twice. Or they could make the inner bot head a different character, like how Optimus' is basically a G1/Cybertron hybrid.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Mezzie

Mezzie Well-Known Member

Can't remember, someone probably already mentioned this i bet (if it is, apologies), but to add more onto speculation:
    1548649635872311874113.jpg

None of the weaponizers so far have the same length to boost up magnus' ginormous feet, so maybe we would have a cog-like leader class weaponizers in future? With the line not exclusively g1 sunbow anymore, i'm not surprised that we might get voyager/leader Energon wingsaber to boost both GF prime and magnus' height

• Like Like x 4
  17. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

News Credits:
    I'd love to have a Voyager weaponizer Armada Overload and or Cybertron Wingsaber

• Like Like x 7
  18. Mezzie

Mezzie Well-Known Member

Oh man that one was a thing of a beauty! I used to have micron legend release of it and managed to keep it mint in box until financial issues came and had to sell the figure.

A minicon that carries a large trailer eh? That's your star convoy right there (or can be star convoy extensive retool if the former is ever to be released)

• Like Like x 2
  19. DaltiniansTFs

DaltiniansTFs Autobot Wrecker

Ebay:
    A great one would also be Leobreaker as a weaponizer forming one savafe claw mode or two smaller ones, then you got your obligatory Leo Prime and nemesis bresker

• Like Like x 2
  20. ThrustJan

ThrustJan Well-Known Member

In your opinion ,first preorders could be open even in April or would be too early?