Siege Leader Class Cybertron/Galaxy Force Optimus remold from Ultra Magnus

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by wingsaber86, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Rob

Rob IDW FOREVER

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  2. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

News Credits:
    You are expecting another PMOP from Hasbro after 3(TR PMOP, TR Magnus Prime, Super Ginrai)official versions were already recently released?

And there are like 30 3P PMOPs yet you want more? I'm tempted to ask why? Were none of the 33 others good enough?

• Like Like x 2
  3. deathzero23

deathzero23 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good but not at least 90% of the original concept.

I believe Hasbro can do that to POTP OP's mold.
    - Just re-tool Orion Pax into Ginrai to have that "boxy" robot look.
    - The Trailer/Body part will be for Super Ginrai power up.
    - re-tool the area where a possible Power Master Engine can be inserted like compartment like what they did to TR Overlord's chest.
    - re-tool a Titan Master figure replacing the headmaster face into an engine & recolor the titan master side like what Tak-Tom did for a human ginrai mini figure.

Or a STAR SABER leader class utilizing POTP's leader class Evolution gimmick.

• Like Like x 1
  4. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You realize that would need an entirely new trailer and cab to look even remotely like pmop right?

• Like Like x 5
  5. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    I can see where he's coming from because for example, SIEGE Magnus gave us a new Magnus after Combiner Wars with a cab robot. I'm in the same boat wanting the same with Super Ginrai/PMOP without having to get a 3p add on. Hasbro did it for Magnus, it would be cool if they did for PMOP/Ginrai(I have LG Super Ginrai and it didn't blow me away like I thought it would).

• Like Like x 2
  6. Doctor Prime

Doctor Prime Dark Rider Prime

News Credits:
    siege leader optimus truck mode. TransFans

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 28
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  7. Mr.Deflok

Mr.Deflok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No more visible fists! Though a truck that rams you with its fists is pretty brutal.

• Like Like x 4
  8. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    So I'm guessing that the bumper is removable kibble now, then?

• Like Like x 1
  9. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Optimal Opthanos

News Credits:
    Why should Hasbro base their plans on the 3Ps? It didn't stop then from diving into combiners.

And even taking Takara into consideration, Godbomber never came stateside. There's really no reason why Hasbro *couldn't* do a few Voyager Weaponizers that pay homage to guys like GB, Victory Leo, etc.

Why not? The whole figure is predicated on parts forming around the core robot already.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime autobot

Yeah. If anything, I'd argue that 3ps made them dive into combiners since they saw how much people were willing to spring for them and they weren't getting a piece of that pie despite being their IP.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Actually I think it folds up against the forearms. The black and white pic from the other day of the cab robot showed the front wheels and bumper on the forearms.

• Like Like x 1
  12. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Optimal Opthanos

News Credits:
    But how do they get from the bumper to the forearms if you consider how that core figure transforms?

Considering the bumper on Magnus slides uo and down on a track to get out of the way for armored mode, it makes sense Prime's bumper would come off to form additional armor.

• Like Like x 1
  13. General Tekno

News Credits:
    Yeah, that was my thought - I can't see how that moves up to the arms without partsforming.

Which I'm fine with to an extent, but I'm kinda concerned this compromises the core robot a little by adding the risk of losing the front wheels.

• Like Like x 2
  14. PrimalFury

News Credits:
    Its possible that there are forearm gauntlets that utilize false wheels while that number acts the same way as on Ultra Magnus, just speculating, I dont see how that number could come apart, cant see any seams etc

• Like Like x 3
  15. PrimalFury

News Credits:
    I'd say they did a damn good job, obviously you cant match the original as times have changed, im sure someone will say that it's not the original, that's not even the point, it's a great new figure and a great homage 20190123_230625.jpg

• Like Like x 15
  16. General Tekno

News Credits:
    It looks to me that the wheels probably peg into the front piece there. There's a hinge on the bumpers to straighten them out into the arm kibble.

EDIT: Though looking at the comparison pic, I'm MYSTIFIED they didn't just add a second set of wheels at the front as removable kibble. There's certainly room.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Darth Gonzo

Darth Gonzo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really like how they are using the fictional vehicle modes from some of the 2000s shows as the Cybertronian modes for the G1 characters.

• Like Like x 7
  18. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    What's still got this up in the air for me as a purchase or not is if the backpack is removable. Or if it's all one piece with the front armor and head, and if the head fins are removable or not. It looks like the torso locks in on the top with the plate that'll have the head. But that still leaves it moderately unknown if that's connected to the back which then locks in to the back, or if the backpack is a separate piece that locks in. Sadly, I'm guessing it's all one piece that folds to have a more locking in fit, otherwise the backpack with wings and guns might be too heavy to stay locked in by themselves, but I'm really hoping they found another way to lock that in securely without making it all one folding piece.

I like parts of the design, but really hoping there's a way to remove some of the gaudy aspects.

Like my personal ideal version would be Magnus gloves, no shoulder armor, and no backpack, with no side head fins. Even on the original, the backpack and shoulders were the parts of the design I least liked.

Some because they were. Like in Prime's case it was one, he never scanned an earth mode in Cybertron/Galaxy Force. (Which that form was based on Armada's Cybertron mode of Prime, which was based on Fire Convoy's bot mode.)

And in the case of others, it's for the nod, because this is Generations that's supposed to cover all lore areas, and the fiction is exploring ways to fuse all lore areas into one cohesive thing to keep making new toy iterations of all, that can act as references to classic as well as be new media versions. Like this will be the modern IDW Prime. This is also why we have Voyager Prime that's more directly his MTMTE version.

By being closer to original in other ways though, they can also still do 35th anniversary of MTMTE style figures too, as opposed to thrilling 30 that was borderline pretty much all IDW stuff.

And glad to hear you like it! Will likely see more mixed!

Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  19. PrimalFury

News Credits:
    Do you have WFC-S UM? Check out the 5mm port in the front bumber of Leader Prime, couldn't be there if it splits in two unless its multiple pieces, I'm thinking it's one piece with the gauntlets in the cab. I know nothing for sure, just speculating

Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  20. PrimalFury

News Credits:
    It doesn't look like these gauntlets could combine to form that bumber especially with the vehicle mode bumber having a 5mm port in the middle where the 2 pieces would presumably meet, however if this is a full CG image, we wouldn'tbe able to see seems, looking closer it could be 3 pieces, 2 gualtlets and a middle piece etc FB_IMG_1547922952535.jpg
    IMG_20190123_223714_075.jpg

• Like Like x 3