Siege Leader Class Cybertron/Galaxy Force Optimus remold from Ultra Magnus

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by wingsaber86, Jan 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Zenryoku zenkai!

News Credits:
    Wing Saber is like a 6th Ranger's Zord. Rarely much on its own, and most often existing just to combine with the main Megazord.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    At least Cybertron Wing Saber was a hell of a lot better than Energon Wing Saber...

I just hope we don’t see the characters of Star Saber and Victory Leo merged with Wing Saber and Leobreaker....

• Like Like x 4
  3. Bendy Prime

Bendy Prime Member

Whilst I agree about the wing saber figure himself, I always preferred the energon combined mode to the cybertron one

• Like Like x 2
  4. W-P38

W-P38 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Interesting. POTP Nemesis Prime was certainly an Armada homage. Siege Ultra Magnus was inspired by RID (Car Robots).
    Not to mention the trickle of other Armada Generation updates.

• Like Like x 1
  5. B-Fox

B-Fox Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So I got Voyager Prime and it didn't seem like he had any of the UV text on the box.

6. Trip

Trip Prudentia Fortitudo Temperantia Iustitia

I'm not a fan of the aesthetic personally, but I'm excited for the collectors picking it up. Looks like another solid addition to the line.

7. Ayleron

Ayleron Autobot Vanguard

the non combined mode has a tummy in homage to energon optimus...

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You know what's interesting. No ,lStarscream, Soundwave. Those are up for preorder, yet he has an unrevealed leader in hand and an unannounced Travis Prime. This guy is interesting.

• Like Like x 1
  9. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    Definitely a factor. In the UT days the main line was still focused more on kids, they had to have figures that were big and full of gimmicks. But nowadays the action figure market is a bit different, and it's never been more noticeable than now with lines like Studio Series and WFC:Siege.

• Like Like x 1
  10. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

News Credits:
    Should ask him to please review or show more pics of that WFC-S Leader OP

11. Everything Man

Everything Man Well-Known Member

I want chug to support diaclone completely, they have alot of cross compatibility. So yes.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Dinobot Snarl

News Credits:
    After some thought, I think I like the Magnus mold a little better, well see. Ideally they could make delta Magnus and include a spiffy gun or something. I'd be super excited for that... especially if Magna Convoy was homaged. Of course I'd be even more excited for just voyager Magna Convoy.

r_delta-magnus-mp-31-169.jpg 19800745_484221818594917_7397119432855803228_o.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  13. JomasterII

JomasterII The Space Consultant from Jolo

News Credits:
    C'mooon, Generations Select. Work those repaint muscles.

• Like Like x 6
  14. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    Kind of unrelated, but WHY did Takara make Delta Magnus and Magna Convoy separate characters? Did we really need two characters based on Diaclone Powered Convoy running around? They didn't even get released that far apart from one another.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Dinobot Snarl

News Credits:
    I feel like they are the same character, I remember reading up on it, I think it could be loosely inferred that he gets the armor later. But as to why....because MP Utra Magnus, did not have the inner bot.

16. Black Convoy

Black Convoy Proudly Peruvian Transfan Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    OK guys, a not-so-friendly reminder to stay on topic. THANKS.

• Like Like x 7
  17. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    I wouldn't mind a "new", consistent scale or size for all figures, going forward, but (by incident or design), the sizes always seem to go up and down. However, this seems to be beneficial for Hasbro, as it means they can "resell" similar designs again. I suspect we'll never have a "complete" set of "CHUG" figures...

• Like Like x 1
  18. Cooktimus Prime

Cooktimus Prime Well-Known Member

Again this is a cool retool but I already have the original. After seeing the Ultra Magnus I was hoping they would make a diaclone version of Powered up Optimus Prime or a Shinning Ultra Magnus. A boy can dream, a boy can dream.

• Like Like x 1
  19. slochmoeller

slochmoeller Well-Known Member

Indeed. They are far more collector focused at higher price points. Now fully commiting to the higher price does mean a noticable quality bump back up in my opinion, but it is likely to make parents balk.
    Now I was just speaking in broad trends. There is still some interest among boys 6-10 in toys such as this, or else chug would have gone away entirely. Also the combat system gimmick is still trying to encourage cross sell play patterns, so the more toys you get the more you get out of your toys. A truly collectors only line, like the masterpiece line and the 3p lines that ape it don't have to worry about that sort of thing.
    But yes, I still contend that the shrinking market is making things like siege and studio series more expensive and collector focused.
    We could even talk about how the line is tiered by age now in ways it didn't used to be. Starting with things like rescuebots for the youngest kids, progessing to cyberverse, then siege/studio series, then to masterpiece which are pretty much exclusively for adult collectors. (even taking into account that masterpiece doesn't have a consistent western release.)

20. metaphorge

metaphorge Decepticon

News Credits:
    In fairness, it was not clear to me what and when your point of relative comparison was. I still think "an extreme drop" is a bit too strong relative to the UT stuff, but it's much more defensible than if you were speaking of, say, Combiner Wars era toys.
    I did state that in a way that's a little more black-and-white than I meant or feel, didn't I?

I guess the way I'd put it is that yes, the bottom line is the bottom line, and that the design teams have to maneuver within the room directives from the C suite allow, but I don't look at those limitations as a relentless desire by the designers to screw over their consumers whenever possible. At most, they only choose to do so 67% of the time. ;) 

It's a real interesting time to be in the mass market toy business, and not necessarily in a good sense, particularly given the difficulty that Hasbro has had in turning the corner into being primarily an IP management and entertainment conglomerate instead, as they obviously would have liked.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.