Siege Leader Class Cybertron/Galaxy Force Optimus remold from Ultra Magnus

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by wingsaber86, Jan 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi woke among sussy soyjak

News Credits:
    Even though I’m not a Cybertron fan, I like that Hasbro’s slipping them in G1 toylines like the BW stuff and Armada Megs from Combiner Wars. Imo they’re great love-letters to the now grown up fans of the older series that show Hasbro hasn’t forgotten them completely.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    I think this should be the way moving forward; bring everything together G1, AEC, Bay, Beast era!

• Like Like x 10
  3. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    I still own all my Cybertron figures including Leader Class Cybertron Optimus and your right he has kinda like H's on his knees. Minus the middle line.

You definitely do not want to skip this line. The quality is hands down 2004 quality and they use the good plastic from Cybertron days and 2006 Classics line, the kind fans toys was using & this is for all of Siege wave 1 deluxes and voyagers, pinned on parts, and with good plastic comes good tight joints (the QC issue is a myth is all anout the type of plastic used NOT QC)

• Like Like x 2
  4. quiktake

quiktake Well-Known Member

now we need Leobreaker and sonic bomber.  That would fot the siege play model as well with combining weapons.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Bezuul

Bezuul Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I can’t not see chest sunglasses and then this creeped in...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 18
  6. Triple Melter

Triple Melter EGG GANG™

This one doesn't do it for me. Idk what it is about it but its not my thing

7. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    Wow, it looks really good (for a pixelated blob) and I’m actually pretty shocked what a straight-up interpretation of Galaxy Convoy it is, I was expecting more of a GC/Star Convoy hybrid
    That’s my one knock. It’s hard to imagine this improving on Galaxy Convoy much, he being one of the best Primes ever made, probably the best non-G1/movie version (???), but it’s going to be like 1/2 the size of the original since Leaders have been downsized twice since the Cybertron days. It’s just going to deomstrate how pathetic what Hasbro’s peddling for $50 these days is compared to what you used to get for $40 (<— those days being gone obviously, but still doesn’t excuse the price/size ratio of Seige Leaders)

I mean, I could see some minor room for improvement on the proportions of the core bot and maybe a little more articulation for the supermode (I don’t believe the OG had ankle tilts or rockers) but that’s about it...

...whereas, if they’d gone for more of a Star Convoy update in super mode, well there’s a great looking design that’s begging for a modernized figure, the original is about as bricky as a brick gets. Well, a brick with arms anyway. :D 

Edit: now I’ve seen the high-res, and wow, that’s actually really bad. Chest is tacky as all get out (not covering the underbots window gap somehow. Just looks HORRIBLE) and the awkward arm kibble is terrible. Headsculpt looks decent, but overall just looks incredibly unnecessary.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
  8. SoundwaveSuperior

SoundwaveSuperior "The Scourge of the Sky" (She/They)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Tumblr:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  9. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

Because we all heard about a leader Prime coming, and he was obviously hoping for something else? He's disappointed over what the leader Prime turned out to be. Makes sense to me.

For me, it's the usual "too small" that has me not buying anything in this line right now (might pick up Sixgun). Still, cool to see some AEC representation. Points to other things from other lines potentially coming along. That repaint of Ironhide into Snowcat for example (which they will post on Amazon for $24.99 if it ever happened).

• Like Like x 1
  10. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    we can tell from the figure image that that isnt exact though, there are color differences at least

11. TGS1985

TGS1985 Well-Known Member

I have no strong ties to the Cybertron series but I am curious to see what it looks like in both vehicle mode and without the added armor. Considering how closely a striped down Ultra Magnus looked like Deluxe Optimus Prime, I'm thinking this could be the solution to all those who weren't big fans of the over hanging roof that was on the Siege Deluxe Prime.

As others have pointed out, I too am digging these random figures base on other classic lines being thrown into what have been essentially G1 influence ones. PtoP Optimus Prime and now this. Hell if you want to count Takara then Dia Atlas in the TR line as well.

12. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Huh.
    Kinda cool... not for me tho.

13. kylash327

kylash327 ThePlasticGeek

News Credits:
    Armpit guns.

14. BlueAngel_Bolt

BlueAngel_Bolt I'M REALLY FEELING IT

News Credits:
    Excuse me while I hyperventilate from excitement

• Like Like x 3
  15. AOEGalvatronRox

AOEGalvatronRox Collector

News Credits:
    Holy. Shit. After getting a few figures like Armada Starscream and Megatron the Thrilling 30 and Combiner Wars lines respectively, I didn’t think we’d see anything else from the Unicron Trilogy in the Generations line for a good long while. I certainly hope this is real. The idea that Hasbro is finally acknowledging another show that isn’t G1 has me excited.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  16. shin03

shin03 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would take a white version of that and make it nova prime.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Skyclaw

Skyclaw 6 Types of Madness!

Nah! Easy pass for me. Cybertron and Energon era of Transformers I never really cared for. My era is from 84 through 87 Transformers and they still rock till this day!!!

• Like Like x 2
  18. Scubamatics25

Scubamatics25 Well-Known Member

This looks amazing, I\'m all for this. I never had the Cybertron Optimus and now there doing him for Siege I\'m all aboard 

19. Trip2boy

Trip2boy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Nice. Glad to see Hasbro appreciating their TF history that\'s not G1 or Bayformers.

• Like Like x 6
  20. ca12nag3

ca12nag3 Well-Known Member

Yup me too, G1 all the way. I got some feeling towards stuff from the Japanese continuity like the Seacons and Raiden perhaps a Minerva would make me want to pick her up. But the stuff from Beast wars on is not my cup of tea.

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.