Siege Greenlight and Dazlestrike

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Autobot X, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Autobot X

Autobot X Check out my sales thread!

Just got Greenlight in today, and since I didn’t see a feedback thread yet, I figured I’d try my hand.

If you have Moonracer and/or Novastar, then you pretty much know what you’re getting with Greenlight. She does have a new chest and new lower arms, though. Gone are the hinges wrists; these are molded as one piece with the lower arm. Her head and colors are different, of course, but aside from those four things (chest, arms, head, and colors), she is exactly the same as her predecessors.

Another difference is the lack of a weapon, her gun having been replaced by the Battlemaster Dazzlestrike (Yes, with two Z’s. As @Thundershot points out further down in the thread, only the front of the box shows one Z. The back of the box and the instructions both have two Z’s). Dazzlestrike is molded identically to Lionizer, but with a couple different paint apps. The inner part of the blade is green instead of gray, and the eyes are blue instead of red. He (or she?) also has some white paint over the eyes that serve as eyebrows.

The weapon effect piece for Dazzlestrike is pretty neat, giving the weapon mode a flaming blade rather that a blue swoosh.

Vehicle modes. I really like how each car's front end is painted differently, giving them all their own unique look.

918A4125-7EBA-4C27-82A7-77533AFC7699.jpeg

Here, you can see the difference in how Greenlight's arms from the back end vs. how Novastar's arms work.

271CC1FF-FFD9-4649-9786-30D47EFAEDD9.jpeg

Another view of how the arms form the rear end, as well as a close-up of the chest sculpting and detail.

A8666698-074E-4C33-8DAE-4685E929FEF0.jpeg

The difference in the lower arms:

A6DB5178-694A-4D6B-B49B-885207462BC8.jpeg

And the team all together. Greenlight's new lower arms do not have 5mm weapon ports, so you can't attach the Prime Armor to her the same way you can with Moonracer and Novastorm.

28E45BFB-1783-4FFC-970C-BF38807CCB58.jpeg

Kitty-cat modes. It's hard to get a good close-up with an iPhone camera, but you can sort of see that Dazzlestrike's eyes are blue. Dazzlestrike is also missing the teensy-weensy Autobot symbol on the forhead.

7118AE65-BFDC-4C38-8609-516EFABEB742.jpeg

Weapon modes

C9BE7A03-93B0-4E74-99CA-C5B03E7A3CA2.jpeg

Also, excuse the stray hairs in the carpet. My wife sheds. :redface2: 

Final thoughts:

If you didn't care about the first two, then you won't care about this one. However, if you do like Moonracer and Novastar, whether you feel like essentially triple-dipping on this mold is entirely up to you. I'm happy with her, but I've never been the type to expect Masterpiece- or 3P-level quality from a mainline Hasbro toy (even an exclusive like Greenlight). Her joints are good and QC seems great. If I had to complain about something, it's that her head looks like a Keebler elf, but I can hardly fault the toy for that. I suppose I wish Dazzlestrike was molded in different plastic colors to make it stand apart from Lionizer more. Despite the slightly different paint apps, Dazzlestrike seems like a lazy mold reuse. The flame effect is really neat, though.

Now I'm really looking forward to the rumored Lancer figure to round out the female Autobot team, and I'm excited to complete Orthia (which, IMO, is a much better name than Elita 1nfinite, or however they spell it).

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 9
  2. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yeah I got mine today, they did a good job matching her up to the G1 cartoon.
    Nice to have them all now.
    IMG_20190625_143753.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  3. Blackout32

Blackout32 ANTHRAX - PERSISTENCE OF TIME

Cybertron The Matrix of leadership knowledge,power
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Thanks my friend for posting this,...huge thanks. I've been trying to find something on this figure already.

4. Autobot X

Here they are with the boss lady.

AE292EF9-50B2-43DA-8C37-0B2D932C7195.jpeg

Elita 1 has always made a strangely-shaped torso, but the limbs themselves are okay.

The combiner foot is really loose in Greenlight's connector.

21B89705-ACFE-45C5-A3F5-26B29C127F60.jpeg
    C67CA25D-6EC1-4FAC-B094-9E79E3284ADC.jpeg

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  5. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just got her and I really am liking the color scheme. I can't help wondering, why did they remold the lower arms? Seems silly to do that.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    I suspect it's to shore up the wrist connection for Battlemaster compatibility, I've got a number of both prior Fembot bodies as I started customising the missing team members before Greenlight's reveal (they've since been re-engineered as new characters) and in my experience the wrist joint can be fairly floppy or even easily dislodged entirely by weapons with more mass than their stock weapons.

• Like Like x 3
  7. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Clearly, Lancer is the final combiner limb.
    Lancer is the code on Greenlights box and the url link to the fembot combiner on Hasbro's website has Lancer's name in it.
    IMG_20190625_225612.jpg

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  8. SinisterSpinister

SinisterSpinister Violently Neon

News Credits:
    Mine should be coming on Thursday and I can’t wait. Only thing I’m a little disappointed about is that she doesn’t have some sort of gun in addition to Dazzlestrike, but I’m sure I have a suitable spare laying around somewhere.

9. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I can’t get the arms to lock on this in vehicle mode, while the others I had no issues with.

Also, the Battlemaster name is Dazzlestrike. There’s a misprint on the front of the package missing a z, but the back and instructions are spelled correctly.

10. deltaprime

deltaprime The Christian Transfan

News Credits:
    I know it's mold reuse and that kind of thing gets old after a while, but I sort of like this uniform look for them being a combiner team. Only thing that would've been cooler is if we'd have kept getting weapons that could add on to Novastar and Moonracer's combined gun form.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    I wouldn't have minded at least one new Fembot limb being remoulded as an aerial, space, or aquatic vehicle. It would have been dead easy to sub some wings/turbines/thrusters for wheels to just vary the modes a bit with a bit of light remoulding.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    I'm generally not one to buy mold repaints/remolds but I'm really enjoying this one and having all three displayed with Siege Chromia looks pretty good.
    My only complaint with the otherwise excellent Greenlight is how they changed the arms. I'm sure the idea was to improve something but I'm not sure what. All it's done is make the alt mode less secure. The arms tab in so tenuously on mine that the back end is basically mushy and they'll move out of place with any amount of handling.

Great figure otherwise though. The colors remind me of Keroro.

13. deltaprime

deltaprime The Christian Transfan

News Credits:
    Not a bad thought, tbh. I think for these characters it works since they were already ground vehicles originally. But then I guess there's the argument of Elita 1 being made into a jet. Some more variety would be nice--maybe with a new team of fembots?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Novastar & Moonracer, yeah, but Greenlight & Lancer's alt's weren't established AFAIK. To be honest though making someone called 'Greenlight' not a car would be a bit daft, and they have done a good job altering the longcar mode with different paint apps alone but I do love a bit of the ol' spice that is variety!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Autobot X

What? Holy crap, you’re right! Thank goodness. As a teacher, that single Z was driving me nuts. That would have made it DAY-zle-strike. I almost mentioned it in my review, but figured for once not to be the Grammar Police.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Autobot X

Part of the arm has to fit over the top of the fender kibble. However, it’s a bit fiddly and doesn’t fit quite right.

17. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sums up my thoughts on Greenlight. The mold is still trash, and the headsculpt is also the worst of the 3 released so far. Dazzlestrike is cool as I skipped Lionizer and its my first experience with the mold but if female Transformers weren't so few and far between I'd have skipped this release. She's a C- at best mold but at least is a representation of the character.

18. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Believe me, it’s been driving me nuts since we first saw the packaging. :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  19. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom MadameVixen

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    DSCN4384.JPG DSCN4385.JPG DSCN4386.JPG DSCN4387.JPG

• Like Like x 6
  20. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Got the set yesterday.

This is my first exposure to the mold and I'm fairly glad that's the case, I'm not a big fan of it, but I like Greenlight's execution of it and I got a cool battlemaster with a very cool flame effect. Overall, I'm pleased with it, but I have no desire to get this mold again. My copy seems to have great QC, I often heard about issues standing and the like, but she's got tight joints and stands very well, with a perfect paint job.