Siege Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime WFS-40

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by pokemonsdoom, Apr 11, 2019.

1. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom MadameVixen

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ive realized he isnt fat, optimus is liefeld muscular[​IMG] 20190411_172537.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  2. axl6533

axl6533 metal forever

News Credits:
    Does anyone's super bot mode legs feel like they are going to break when you plug them into his upper body for truck mode ?

3. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom MadameVixen

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    not really, it's tight but not scary tight
    DSCN4075.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  4. RMStunticon

RMStunticon Dan Kuroto Fan

Ahahaha at least Prime does not have a chest which protrudes further out on one side

• Like Like x 5
  5. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom MadameVixen

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    he isnt fully suffering from Leifeld disease yet

• Like Like x 3
  6. RMStunticon

RMStunticon Dan Kuroto Fan

Let us hope it never fully consumes him...

• Like Like x 3
  7. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom MadameVixen

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yeah, and i forgot the scientific term is Youngblood diseas"

"Youngblood's Disease, also known as Liefeldian Syndrome, is a malady that plagues countless comic book characters.

It horrifically deforms and disfigures their anatomy. Male victims will find their muscles swelling to bloated steroid levels, thighs as thick as tree trunks, massive crotches and shoulders several meters wide, and fists as big as their blocky skulls while their feet and ankles will shrivel up to tiny proportions. Their faces are permanently stuck in grim, constipated scowls, their eyes missing.

Females who suffer from Youngblood's Disease will find their spines twisted like a pretzel, their pencil thin legs twice as long as their torso, their breasts swelling bigger than their heads, and their hair growing wild in an outdated 1980's style.

Youngblood's Disease doesn't just affect the body, it affects the mind. Sufferers will display no unique personality, backwards morals, and tendencies to randomly break out in 90's grimdark action-hero/anti-hero monologues.

Attempts to treat Youngblood's Disease has had limited success. Methods to support the misshapen anatomy include using spiked armor, huge shoulderpads, headwear like that weird faceless mask thing that Gambit wears, and in the most extreme cases even replacing entire body parts with cybernetics. We must find the cure!"
    Picture Big Convoy

• Like Like x 6
  8. Sponge

Sponge Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    Found one 3A476FF0-F8FA-4407-B7F7-A0359E00823F.jpeg

I like the og more but this one is quite fun

3ECEEA88-9871-4A34-BBF8-68D7169AFC56.jpeg 8CB6DE12-7228-4DD5-8734-4C0EBCB7E3AA.jpeg

E26BC732-E14A-4C11-A8CD-9BE44E10D6B7.jpeg

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
    • Like Like x 8
  9. Sunsetter

Sunsetter Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Be careful with your figures. The very first time I transformed him out of the box his super robot chest panel cracked on both hinges.

• Like Like x 3
  10. tigermask44

tigermask44 Kills Cons Dead!

News Credits:
    Never gets old. How did this guy get a job let alone one of the most popular artists of that era.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

I want to like this more than I do. Cybertron Prime was the first Optimus I ever bought for myself, with my own money, and the show was airing just as I started collecting, so it has a very special place for me. I don't think this is bad by any means, but I think I'm going to stick with my original. I'm definitely glad it's been made, though!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I found this guy in Target earlier this week, excitedly grabbed him, gave him a long and hard look, and then put him down.

I know, I know I'm not supposed to complain about size, but he really did just feel minuscule for a $50 toy, and he's the bigger of the two Leader molds. I have the original figure still, and the more I tried to justify wanting this new version, the more reasons I ran out of.

Maybe if he's on sale down the line, I'll get him. But I think the Leader Class price point is going a much longer way in Studio Series than in Siege right now.

• Like Like x 1
  13. robb0429

robb0429 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Completely agree. I'll get him when he goes on sale. The original will do fine for now. Just don't feel like spending $50 on it yet.

• Like Like x 1
  14. 009*

009* That Guy... Somewhere

News Credits:
    Started on my copy. Hasbro really shouldn't have used clear plastic for the chest piece.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Hotconvoy

Hotconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  16. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    Found and bought this guy today. Figured I might as well get the new IDW cast as it’s released, plus I’ve been loving the inner bot from Magnus.

In hand it has decidedly looser joints than Magnus which is disappointing. Not a huge fan of the new chest either if I’m honest, but it’s not terrible. Generally I’m enjoying him, it’s still a great figure.

I can take or leave the trailer parts though, they don’t look as good as Magnus in either mode. Maybe I’ll end up selling off just the trailer parts, I’m sure someone out there could use them for something

Edit: The more I handle him, the fatter he feels. The new chest does not benefit this figure. They even have to draw the abs smaller in the comics to make him look better.

Last edited: May 4, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  17. 009*

009* That Guy... Somewhere

News Credits:
    Okay, I'm going to try some repairs on mine. Looks like part of the problem is the pin head cracked one of the outer hinges.

• Like Like x 3
  18. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom MadameVixen

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    good luck

19. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Protector of Ed-Land

Found one at a Target.

This is the Optimus Prime that I have been waiting for. Unlike my other Leader from this line Shockwave, this one actually feels like it's in an appropriate weight class. He's a little short but way heavier than Shockwave and has a lot going on.

The inner robot does look a little disappointingly chunky in person with baby feet, but it has loads of articulation with good and a fantastic head sculpt. He really evokes the G1 toy which I have with me with the yellow eyes and overall transformation. Yet, his cab evokes something from Galaxy Force. This crossover aspect makes this the least monotonous toy in the line so far. This is what I intend to use most often.

The best mode is the fully upgraded form with the jetpack and guns just everywhere. This is not out of preference for GF, but rather because this super mode looks plain awesome. Very dynamic articulation in this mode too.

This toy does have its problems, however. The mouth plate on the base robot is not fully painted for whatever reason, I really don't like Super Optimus's head just hanging out in vehicle mode, the shoulder pieces don't go anywhere in vehicle mode (I have attempted a solution to both problems by trying to fit the shoulder bits over the head) and the leg parts absolutely refuse to stay in place at the back of the vehicle mode — either poking upwards or falling off unless I split them apart at the lower end. Also, one of his legs is sort of loose. Detail wise, he's way too greebly for his own good. I don't think he is going to look right next to previous lines and even looks somewhat out of place with Prowl when not in vehicle mode. The detail is just plain distracting.

However, he is good and until further notice will be the Prime of my collection.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I saw the figure in person the other day and just couldn't bring myself to bother with it. Looks decent in the box, but it is rather sad compared to the original Galaxy Force release. It may have slightly better articulation, but that's all it has going for it.

I think the thing that irritates me most is that I absolutely love the GF design, but this one can only pull it off by adding and removing parts. I know it's the line's power-up gimmick, but part of what I love so much about the original is that the inner bot is powerful looking without the backpack, with the shoulders being the cab, which is unique for a Prime design. The new one lacks uniqueness, thus lacks my interest.

I'm happy that they're using designs outside of G1 for stuff, but I fear a Cybertron Megatron would suffer the same fate.

• Like Like x 2