SIEGE: Do you think the price increase was worth it?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jignat, Dec 30, 2018.

?

Do you think the pirce increase was worth it?

1. Yes

106 vote(s)
    48.4%
  2. No

72 vote(s)
    32.9%
  3. I like cream cheese on waffles

41 vote(s)
    18.7%
  1. TheBritsonian

TheBritsonian Well-Known Member

Personally I think yes, the quality for me has been an astounding jump from the prime wars figures (just my opinion, I can see why people prefer those though) BUT from the look of Earthrise so far, I can't say I am seeing the same quality carried over from siege, for me the pose-ability is what sells me on these figures ie; the waist swivels and ankle rockers on every figure, and the fact that the new starscream, at £23.99 (UK) doesn't have nearly the same posability seems cheap to me, but maybe Earthrise needs it's own conversation, just based on Siege, hell yeah, definitely worth it

2. Zappit

Zappit Well-Known Member

After almost a year, I can definitely say it was worth it. I’m satisfied with the figures right out of the box, which is something I couldn’t say about Titans Return or Power of the Primes.

I was excited for those lines. I eagerly bought up all of TR wave 1. Every single deluxe was a floppy mess right out of the packaging. The neck connection ports sucked. I was so disappointed I ended up throwing those figures away. I skipped all but a few other figures. TR was hands down my worst TF collecting experience. PotP was a step up, and at least those figures held together. They still weren’t great, and the Dinobots were a let down after all the hype.

Siege is the first line I’ve ever truly gone all-in on. The quality is there, much more than previous lines. I like the designs. The Micromaster are so-so, but I still like the little guys. Yes, they are more expensive, but I don’t feel ripped off like I did with TR and PotP. I feel real excitement for the new reveals. To me, if this is what Hasbro is giving us going forward, I’m staying all in.

• Like Like x 1
  3. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    You couldn't have known this back in January but they then turned around and spent $4B in cash to buy Entertainment One.

Anyway, I haven't decided yet if the price hike was worth it. Stakeout and Red Hot were pretty disappointing. They are more Minicon than MicroMaster and I've always loathed the way Minicons were designed and constructed. On the other hand, I just opened the 35th Bluestreak and he's really nice. It's just that I remember when a toy like this cost half as much.

I've often heard that the Prime Wars trilogy was a low for quality. I liked Unite Warriors (Combiner Wars was a no-show at retail yet incredibly hard to sell so I went all-in on Takara), largely steered clear of Titans Return, and picked up the Dinobot limbs for POTP. Aside from being small, I like the Dinobots and would not have been aggrieved at the price had they included both swords and guns. Comparing those lines to Siege, I can't say my opinion is overwhelmingly in favor of Siege.

So far, Siege stands on its own. We'll see how it fares when some of the larger stuff starts showing up.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz The person you see around.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I know right, you could say POTP prime looks like "Bad Comedy" in comparison :) 

5. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

Honestly, without looking into the situation that was at eOne before they sold to Hasbro (whether or not they were in financial trouble and the Hasbro deal was a multi-beneficial one) I'm not sure if it changes my view that Hasbro laying off people wasn't kind of bad. Honestly, it might make it worst and be more scummy to me if they laid people off simply to buy an entertainment company and not do anything of value with it like pump out new, GOOD, cartoons. If eOne is here just to do things of similar quality to the horrible Combiner Wars shorts of the series that came after it (I don't remember, Hasbro has trained me to avoid their cartoon stuff at this point).

I still don't think the price increase has really been worth it but I do think Siege was a HUGE step in the right direction, quality wise, over what we've been getting the last few years (and I enjoyed, for the most part, CW and POTP). Titans Returns, though, is still the low point for me and what eventually made me think about getting out of mainline TFs, Siege being smaller and yet another retread of the same old boring '84 characters again was what got me out of mainline almost completely. While Siege and Earth rise (whatever it's called) are good steps in the right direction, mainline just isn't there (for me) to continue buying. The movie line IS but I wish they were slightly larger (so I'm not buying them but I would buy oversized KOs if those came out).

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
  6. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

There's that and also, probably, parts count. They need less parts since so much of the seeker is large single pieces that don't need to transform (which would need smaller panels, pins, etc). Just look at Siege Prime, that "hat"/backpack could have easily broken down and made smaller if they had raised the parts count allotment for that figure.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rob

Rob IDW FOREVER

News Credits:
    For mini masterpieces? Yes I think they are well worth the extra money even looking back a year in retrospect.

8. MightyMegs

MightyMegs Well-Known Member

I'm okay with the increase, except for the Leader Class... they are incredibly overpriced.

• Like Like x 3
  9. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

I’m surprised by all the CW (and POTP!) love here and TR hate.

I thought there was generally a consensus that TR (and the Legends of that era) is the best CHUG subline overall (T30 had some gems as did 07). And PotP is one of the worst. And CW is an incredible mixed bag whose accomplishments were in the bigger size classes.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Blackout32

Blackout32 PANTERA FAR BEYOND DRIVEN

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Yeah,......I think so and have been really happy with what I've gotten. So sure if we get figures like this that are detailed and great paint and articulation, i have no complaints here.

11. SuperRock7

SuperRock7 Hate is a strong word

News Credits:
    Shoutout to the people who voted I like cream cheese on waffles.

• Like Like x 3
  12. popcorn

popcorn Well-Known Member

That's a good point. I'm wondering if Soundwave has more parts. Looks like it folds into a box so I wouldn't think so but I don't know for certain.

13. TheSuperion

TheSuperion Am...were...Aerialbots

I mean, I would say arguably, but truth be told, I haven't bought barely any figures at fully price this year, owing to just how many damn transformers I want and how limited my budget is.

Needless to say, Earthrise is a welcome break, given that I'm interested in almost none of the revealed wave one figures - other than Cliffjumper and maybe Grapple (but I'll have to paint his head, cause my collection is IDW based, and IDW went with the toy coloration.)

14. Victory Force

Victory Force Well-Known Member

I do think that Siege is a bit overhyped for what it offers. All the figures i own from Siege have slight QC issues and the € price is kind of insane.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

Off the top of my head and not having either figure, I think SW has a few more pieces but I think SC has less hollow parts (like forearms, thighs, etc) so that kind of balance it out.