Siege Deluxe Wave 2 Prowl In-Hand Images

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by ORIO, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  2. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime 1st Cybertronian Spectre of the Galactic Council

I love this guy. Only knock I have on it is the missing head blasters which oddly, the Cyberverse version (of all lines) actually has (with a flip up option no less). At least there looks like there's two holes on the chest to plug some G1 ones in or a pair from shapeways perhaps.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    It’s a 6” Titanium based on The War Within Prowl.

4. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Looking forward to this figure but hoping it gets repainted into Bluestreak and smokescreen sometime in the next few years. If we can get all three seekers we should be able to get all three from this guy

• Like Like x 4
  5. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    One of the few Siege figures I feel definitely needs reprolabels.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime 1st Cybertronian Spectre of the Galactic Council

Yeah, and I'm not one to really sticker up my figs but looking at that photo a few pages back of G1 Prowl and then seeing Siege again makes me want to decorate him up a bit, either through paint or stickers, we'll see when I get him.

• Like Like x 2
  7. SuperiusPrime

SuperiusPrime Active Member

8. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    Oh man that thing...

Let's remember that Titanium War Within Prowl came out over 10 years ago. Hasbro and the American toy market has changed a lot since then. Those figures were being sold to a collector market that Hasbro treated as a lot more niche back then.

In the here and now, Siege figures are being sold to collectors just as much as they are to young children. Which is why this Prowl trends so much closer to traditional car and less scifi hover car.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Booga

Booga Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  10. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    SProwl.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  11. Fenrys

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Supreme Unicron

Supreme Unicron Dutch TF fan

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I wanted to replace my Universe Prowl with something better, but this is such a bland figure I think I'm fine with my Universe version (and I don't even like that toy, with its weird neck and strange paint)

Oh well, upgrade-wise at least I've still got Ironhide and the eventual Ratchet to look forward to.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
  13. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    That doesn’t mean the design was bad. People liked The War Within back in the Dreamwave days. Although I do think Prowl’s chest is too wide imo.

• Like Like x 3
  14. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    ugh. i miss Don's influence on Transformers. While obviously a Titanium figure is a sad reflection of the design, his Cybertronian designs were so good and creative and fitting of the characters, especially compared to High Moon WFC's super-boring "everything's anondescript trapezoid/triangle with glowing lines" and Hasbro WFC's "everything is basically it's Earth mode except it's kinda not"

Don in The War WIthin took the limited amount of stuff seen in MTMTE Part 1 and developed an entire cohesive design language around it. One of my favorite "attention to detail" bits was that each of the Seekers had a unique design and transformation.

While i don't actively dislike the Uni 2.0 there is no denying it's got some serious issues and i would LOVE to replace it with something better. And this surely ain't it.

I mean, Smokescreen is my favorite character, and i'm not even sure i'd buy this mold in that deco (and i've purchased some questionable molds because they had a Smokescreen deco)

i'd probably put this mold at second-worst so far in what we've seen in Seige just ahead of Starscream. (With Hound, Megatron and Flywheels probably being up at the best to my eye)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

That is utter horse shit. Kids will play with bricks with wings on them can call them "spaceships," fuck. That's exactly what the original flying Transformers were, pretty much. That, or it shows just how out of touch Warden, and Hasbro, is with their intended audience. If Star Wars can sell a crap ton of toys, including space ships that are more like flying wedges, eyeballs with solar panels and darts with wings to kids then clearly kids don't need something to be nearly 100% looking like a car you'd see outside your window or an "alien" one that looks nearly identical to a modern jet. But, god, that quote totally explains why a lot of Hasbro's current designed TF toys look like garbage, by underestimating and
    That was done back when designers actually had some imagination.
    Fuck! That looks A TON better! Wow!

• Like Like x 1
  16. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

News Credits:
    Unless I'm mistaken, I think that you misunderstood the point of my comment which was in response to "why do cars on Cybertron have wheels", to which my answer was that the cars need to be easily recognized as cars by 8 year old children etc

The comments I made on Tanks and spaceships were to emphasize that such vehicles as space ships, jets, tanks are easily identified by 8 year old children and thus a designer can take far more creative liberties etc

• Like Like x 1
  17. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Hard for me to tell but are the lower legs molded entirely out of clear plastic? Hopefully it's just the windows that are clear and layered over opaque plastic.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

You really didn't seem to understand the point I made. I dont give a shit that an alien car has four wheels, that's an straw man argument. Im angry that an alien "car" just looks like a futuristic Lamdo, that an alien "jeep" looks like a futuristic Willy Jeep (which on its own makes no sense since why would a race of giant sentient alien robots have a native from that is meant for life forms a fraction of their size?) and why that same robot race somehow has a form on its planet that resembles a flat nose semi truck. The first WFC and FOC at least have imaginative takes on the characters that fit both their G1 forms and look alien.

19. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Well if you go with the sunbow origin, the quintessons built them as consumer goods, so the cockpits could be for the typically smaller organic races and for whatever reason the cybertronians just kept them after they revolted

• Like Like x 1
  20. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

News Credits:
    You do know it's all fiction right? I mean why would a robot need a mouth? Why would it be bipedal and humanoid? Its fiction, the designs intentionally evoke their G1 forms

• Like Like x 2