Siege Commander Jetfire

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by megatroptimus, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Blackout32

Blackout32 ANTHRAX - PERSISTENCE OF TIME

Cybertron The Matrix of leadership knowledge,power
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Ya know what i thought at first. It was you got the background from either BBTS or ordered it from the place that makes those pop-up displays that are expensive. So if you know what i talking ab those are cool but out of my price range. I know Toyhax has them as well and they are pricey. So that's what i thought you had but never would have guessed Hobby Lobby. I have a store in my area so you just gave me a idea about where to get this from. So thanks bro for the help cause at the moment I'm using Bumblebee gift wrapping paper for a background and I'm tired of it let me tell ya. I've had that paper on my wall for a easy 7 + years.

2. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is your problem right at the wrist, kinda "falling" one way or another when he has the combined rifle or something else heavy in his hand? The hands can be removed pretty easily, they just slide down when not locked into the arms. Then just grab a little bit of paper (I tore a small piece from a napkin I had sitting around) or cotton and stuff it in the slot and put the hand back to see if it is better.

+-MWG-+

• Like Like x 2
  3. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    Yea that's exactly the issue. Ok, I was wondering about how the wrist was connected since I didn't see a peg or screw on the back of the panel. But yea, I'll get some tissue and do just that. Thanks for the tip. :) 

4. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The leader class Jetfire works better for what I want in my collection to represent that character, but damn this guy’s impressive. Wonder what characters he could realistically be retooled into?

• Like Like x 1
  5. G1Optimal

G1Optimal Autobot

News Credits:
    Like im going to do, get him as a representation of Skyfire not jetfire

• Like Like x 1
  6. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    "Is Jetfire supposed to be that huge? The voyager Siege Optimus only comes up to his crotch!"

( - checks out cartoon size chart model sheets - )

"Well... hmm"

Pros:
    * It's 100% Skyfire. From looks to size to just about everything, it's based on the cartoon design, which surprisingly Hasbro/Takara never fully committed to before.
    * Both modes are rock-solid when everything is pegged in right.
    * Plenty of the standard Siege articulation, including one or two unexpected bits.
    * Lots of versatile weaponry, armor bits, and blast effect parts.
    * The retracting hand port gimmick is pretty neato, along with the 'deployment handles' for other figures for the jet mode.
    * The little spaces/cockpits for titan/prime-masters. I have TR Lione and Shuffler taking up residence in his backpack currently.

Cons:
    (mostly nitpicks)
    * 'cardboard box fort' jet mode is kinda gappy in spots.
    * Transformation, while not difficult, can be a bit annoying due to the bulk of the toy.
    * While there's nothing wrong with them right now, some of the plastic and jointing feels like it may wear down quickly. Also, the wrist swivels on mine are a bit loose to hold a large gun.
    * The chest armor and 'battle mask' does nothing for me personally, making things look worse rather than better.
    * My copy had a gob of hardened paint (looks like it was laid on too thick and formed a drop) on the ankle piece. Doesn't really affect anything, but worth noting.

Overall:
    Kinda like Springer before it, this is a toy that really hits hard on subjectivity for me. I can fully appreciate that this is the "Skyfire" that a lot of people undoubtedly have been wanting for a long time, but it leaves me a little cold. I find myself preferring the Generations leader Jetfire - not because it's a better toy, 'cause it's definitely not, but it fits better with my own personal vision of what a Jetfire (or maybe Skyfire) should be.

• Like Like x 2
  7. nemesisconvoy

nemesisconvoy Gundam Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

I received my Copy in the mail today...Jetfire is dead, ALL HAIL SKYFIRE!!!! After soooo many years and sooo many pretenders, Hasbro finally got it right. What took so long?!? I'll post more when I have time to fiddle with him, but at first glance, this is easily my Numuro Uno release of 2019

• Like Like x 3
  8. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Saw that Amazon had him back up for pre-order! So... I ordered him... applied my rewards and after sales tax he’s only gonna run me $73. I’m happy about that.

So, he was gonna shop the 31st- but just got an e-mail saying i’ll Get him the 24th.

Then when I know for sure this will happen I will cancel my pre-order with Pulse.

Then my leader Jetfire is up for sale.

Happy.

9. nemesisconvoy

Did anyone figure out that these separate??

20190715_193207.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  10. Darklancer

Darklancer Needs a new transformation cog

any guesses when BBTS will be getting theirs in? Their page still shows "preorder" status.

11. nemesisconvoy

~~ OK...the dead eyes are getting on my nerve. Any notion of how to take the head apart??

~~ I'm not a fan of how the chest panels tab in, in jet mode. They could have been more secure.

~~ I've seen some people criticize his size, but I think its spot on. Skyfire really looks good with MP-10

~~ I appreciate all the gimmicks and such, but I could care less about them; I'm not a gimmick man.

~~ The battle mask and chest armor are hideous!! The chest armor and all the spare weapons are in permanent drone mode.

~~ However, I do love the orange thrust flair affects!!!

~~ Transformation is fairly intuitive and well thought out.

~~ The ability to go from Decepticreep to Autobozo is a very nice touch, as is the ankle rocker.

~~ The hand design is interesting and seemingly experimental. I'm ok with it so long as its strong enough to stand the test of time.

~~ OVERALL, I'd give him an 8 out of 10.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  12. REMINATOR

REMINATOR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    -I'm still on the hunt for Skyfire and I completely agree with the dead eyes. That was my biggest gripe about the mold since Hasbro revealed at the convention. If this wasn't for the 1st true Skyfire toy to be released officially, I wouldn't even lay my eyes on him or any figure with dead eyes (excluding UMagnus since I have no choice on my favorite bot).
    -The Jetfire hideous armor is also useless for me. I'm buying him as G1 Skyfire. Jetfire to me will always be the Super VF-1S style. As of presently, I have yet to see any Jetfire figure inwhich Hasbro released as a hybrid of Skyfire/Jetfire that tempt me to purchase one.
    -It such ashamed the box art features the abominable Jetfire armor on and not his Skyfire self. That would've look so cool hanging on the wall.

• Like Like x 1
  13. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Same story here.
    I just wish this toy was smaller.

In my garage I have a VF-1... something model that I was gonna build and modify into a non-parts forming / transforming Jetfire.

14. NemesisJazz

NemesisJazz Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    The only thing that bothers me with this guy is the head. The shape is not round enough amd the eyes are weird. I think FT Phoenix nailed the head right down to the gray color that they used.

15. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    From the previous page of this thread:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Tismark

Tismark Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Instagram:
    In another thread, someone asked for clarification of which side the screw is, so I popped the disk off and snapped a picture so it may be clearer where the screw is located.

B4C9DCB0-799B-46F5-BC4E-52BF439270C8.jpeg

I still haven't gotten any further than taking the head apart and putting it back together. I haven't decided on paint colors and have nothing close on hand. Probably a light gray face (the silver seems out of place to me). The shade of blue for the eyes is probably the part that has kept me most undecided.

I keep hoping someone else will do it first and I can ask them the colors if I like it. LOL

I do agree with the head being a little overly oblong. It doesn't kill the figure for me, but I'd change it if someone offered a third party head.

• Like Like x 2
  17. feral prime

feral prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just found a small surprise while messing with Jetfire. How could I overlook his ankle tilt? I didn’t realize until just posing him. This just made this amazing figure that much more amazing

• Like Like x 1
  18. NemesisJazz

NemesisJazz Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Testing a decal over his eye.. IMG_20190716_195432223_HDR.jpg IMG_20190716_190848666_HDR~3.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  19. nemesisconvoy

OK...optics painted.

20190716_211622(1).jpg

• Like Like x 4
  20. convoy84

convoy84 misses you like the deserts miss the rain.

News Credits:
    He's not dead. He just stumbled onto the powers of the underworld; "fire" is in his name for a reason!