Siege Commander Jetfire

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by megatroptimus, Jun 15, 2019.

1. GoLion

GoLion Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ... Lucky.

The double joint is so loose on mine that it can't hold a pose; I might have to buy a replacement.

2. NemesisJazz

NemesisJazz Well-Known Member

Its so good, i cannot wait. I just wish the head is shaped a bit rounder at the top

3. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    Decided to open mine up while I had a few moments. Haven't transformed him yet but I did "armor him up". This guy is a beast. I always wanted a toon accurate Skyfire and it feels so good to have one finally. It also just occured to me opening him up, I am so glad Hasbro went away from those cheap decals they used for larger figures during TR and POTP (except Titans of course) and went back to Apps.

Yes mine has this same issue. Not too bad when not holding anything but different story with the rifle. The back end of the rifle keeps it from flopping too bad though.

Another issue mine has is the armor chest plate. When I attach it, it causes the panels underneath not to sit flush and it with leaves a gap or one side panel pops put while the other one stays in place or vice versa.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yaujta

Yaujta ANUTFORAJAROFTUNA Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Attach the chest panels to the armor piece, then put the whole thing in place. If one of the chest tabs isn't in the armor bit the whole way the entire thing is unbalanced.

5. Liege Nemesis

Liege Nemesis Well-Known Member

I know a lot of people have ordered him through Hasbro, but is this supposed to be a general retail release figure? Being in Canada means I'm behind on the rollout of most figures that aren't exclusives of some form (for example, right now my regional walmarts are only generally stocking a mixture of Siege wave 1 and the about 2/3rds of wave 2, having not seen either of the Leader class figures yet or the Micromaster duos. I also got jerked around on the Greenlight release with Amazon.ca listing it, then being out of stock, then being back in stock after I had already ordered from amazon.com (intending to pay the exchange rate markup and time of making a trip across the border to pick it up), forcing me to go back and do an order cancellation shuffle to set things right) and Toys R Us had pre-order listings for Jetfire and Omega Supreme in the last few weeks, but now those have vanished from their site and Walmart's website is garbage for determining store availability since it seems to be dominated by some kind of marketplace 3rd party sales nonsense with most Transformers listed being random shmoes selling 3-5 year old figures for 2-3x markups.

What I'm basically getting at is can I eventually expect to grab Jetfire at Walmart like any other Siege figure or am I going to have to watch for exclusive retailers and pounce on them when they appear.

I already got burned on Ectotron thanks to shonky release date listings and unclear info about Canadian availability. I don't want to get hosed on this one too.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Rewind

Rewind Data Stick

News Credits:
    Just did this on mine last night. I gave each screw about 1 and a half turns and now the hips are tight. Thanks for the tip!

• Like Like x 1
  7. King0722

King0722 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    MY AMAZON ORDER SHOWED UP! Holy crap didn't see that coming at all. No update from Amazon. Guess I'll be busy tonight...

• Like Like x 2
  8. Rewind

Rewind Data Stick

News Credits:
    Enjoy! I've been compelled to handle mine every single night after work since I got him last week. There's been a lot of great mainline TFs lately but this one is really something special.

• Like Like x 2
  9. smf2045

smf2045 Aficionado of Combiners

News Credits:
    Is there any place else on Jetfire himself to store the computer core chunk that came in the cockpit?

This is my poor solution at the moment:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  10. cyclonus8

cyclonus8 Well-Known Member

Has anyone figured out how to disassemble his head? Those dead eyes are just begging to be painted.

11. Zarathustra

Zarathustra Uberbot

News Credits:
    Ok, got mine in today from Pulse. This dude is massive and awesome and I adore him. Not much to say that hasn't been said. However, I noticed that the some of his head is visible in altmode, but no one has mentioned this. Did I miss a step?

IMG_20190711_174543.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  12. Rewind

Rewind Data Stick

News Credits:
    @Tismark did

• Like Like x 3
  13. Yaujta

Yaujta ANUTFORAJAROFTUNA Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Nah, it just isn't noticeable enough for people to care, I think. It's only really visible if you look closely.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Zarathustra

Zarathustra Uberbot

News Credits:
    Yeah, fair enough. It's a nitpick. Just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Absolutely loving this figure! Easily my favorite Jetfire.

• Like Like x 2
  15. nemesisconvoy

nemesisconvoy Gundam Pilot

I have zero faith that I would find this in the wild, distribution sucks ass, up here. So I ordered mine from eBay. It cost a little more, but I'm impatient. lol

• Like Like x 1
  16. rodimusconvoy

rodimusconvoy Well-Known Member

How tall is Jetfire compared to a Masterpiece seeker? Could use this Jetfire as my default Jetfire if the size is right.

• Like Like x 1
  17. First Aid

First Aid Well-Known Member

I just got mine from Amazon. What an amazing figure!

• Like Like x 1
  18. G1Optimal

G1Optimal Autobot

News Credits:
    When i get mine i will be renaming him skyfire and the gen 30 one will continue to be called jetfire

• Like Like x 1
  19. Sup3hobo

Sup3hobo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got to play with my copy over this weekend and it's pretty much what I have wanted as a retail Skyfire/ Jetfire toy from Hasbro. It's big, it's fun, has decent articulation and was reasonably priced. I feel I can swoosh this guy around all day long. Space brick mode is a little gappier than I thought and his face being somewhat visible had me pause a little and think to myself why they couldn't hide the head a little more. The right wrist swivel was a little loose, but some floor polish fixed that up. The 5mm peg going in out of the hand is cool, but it's a little finicky getting the gun in and out of the hole. Other than that, I love the effect parts and all of dem guns and missiles. There's actually a lot of paint on this figure and their weathering effect is subtle, but an interesting way to break up all of that white plastic. Lots of love when into this toy and it shows. I greatly look forward to more commander class figures.

IMG_20190713_105327708_HDR.jpg IMG_20190713_110846420_HDR.jpg IMG_20190713_112608519_HDR.jpg IMG_20190713_113301081_HDR.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  20. Blackout32

Blackout32 MEGADETH - Rust in Peace

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I absolutely love your background your using to show the figure. Great job here my friend its just very cool to see jetfire displayed different using I'm guessing NYC backdrop.

• Like Like x 2